Budlovski's First LED & Bubble Bucket Grow

Hey there everybody :)

Well today I thought ill do a little update.
I gave SC a big flush a couple of days ago, so she'll be down soon, I noticed a few suss lil bottom buds I was abit worried about so I trimmed a few branches off to make sure she won't mould at all.
The rest ill leave on till done.
Anyways just a few pics of what I trimmed off.
May be leafy bud buts its definately very sticky and should be quite a good smoke.

IMAG17632.jpg

IMAG17652.jpg

IMAG17662.jpg

Hey all :)
I'm quite sure in my last update I mentioned that I was trimming some Dingell against possible mould issues.
Well I'd say lucky I did because today I had a good look at SC after deciding I didn't need to and anyways on the lower part of one of her bigger colas I saw some white mould appearing, this put me in panic mode a little, trimmed it off got rid of the mouldy parts and decided to begin proper harvesting.
So I harvested all but 3 colas that I want going a little longer.
I trimmed everything while not dry which is unlike me but its a safety precaution so all fan leaves and bud leaves removed as good as I could for the dry process.
I'm about to upload pics so ill be back soon to show you all how SC has gone :)

Alright I'm back.
And can do the photos now.
Just got to say, I should of waited till harvest before talking about my leds they may cause abit of leaf but they seem to be top quality buds and can't say I didn't fuck up and possibly caused the leaf issues also.
I also under estimated this plant a lot towards the end she really has done well, survived me and anything thrown at her, a truly great growing strain this one.
Unbelievably sticky, resin coated, oily and beautiful smelling :)

This photos is the last one I took before taking her down, I really should of got another better one to late now though.
IMAG17751.jpg

Firstly here's the pics of the mould affected area, there was a couple more tiny spots but this is the only spot you can notice in photos.
IMAG1776.jpg

IMAG17771.jpg

Now in this photo I tried to capture how massively swollen some of the calyxes are but this was a small one.
IMAG17793.jpg

This little nug is just one I used as abit of an example as to how coated these buds really are I got the light on this one to help show it, not fully trimmed yet but a nicer nug from the small batch.
IMAG17843.jpg

These pics aren't much really just shows a pic of the fuller bag of trimmings/popcorn I have which will be used for oil.
The second pics is all the mouldy plant I could find, which to my surprise wasn't much.
IMAG17851.jpg

IMAG17863.jpg

Here's is some of the drying pics.
IMAG17873.jpg

IMAG17891.jpg

This nug is what I call cola 1, she weighed in at 25.18 grams wet, I used a AA battery for size comparisons because I couldn't find a bic lighter.
IMAG17902.jpg

Cola nug 2 she weighed in at 29.16 grams wet
IMAG17912.jpg

Cola nug 3, weighing 21.83 grams wet
IMAG17952.jpg

And cola nug 4 weighing 26.01 wet
IMAG17974.jpg

This last pic is of the 3 branches I left on ms SC
IMAG17984.jpg

So that's all the photos I took today from my session today.
The fresh bud I harvested today including colas is a wet weight of 187.36 grams and the bud I chopped the other day weighs about 14.24 grams atm, so that gives me a total wet weight of 201.6 grams, which I can say I'm quite pleased with :) especially considering there is still a decent 3 branches left on her.
So I may have my first indoor harvest above 100 grams I'm hoping which is pretty good.

I hope you ll enjoy the photos I've added and ill be stopping back in as they dry / cure and I test and taste them :)

Hope your grows are all well :)

Sir Budlovski, Am i seeing this correctly? I dont see any actual bud in your nugs? Is all that just sugar leaves covered in trichomes? Those buds should be made up of calyx's not sugar leaves. I think those LED's screwed you on this grow!

Sir Budlovski, Am i seeing this correctly? I dont see any actual bud in your nugs? Is all that just sugar leaves covered in trichomes? Those buds should be made up of calyx's not sugar leaves. I think those LED's screwed you on this grow!

Hahaha
Well certain buds are some aren't, the big ones, the main colas and the other bigger buds well they actually have alot more bud then I thought but its hard to get a good pic since because there was so much leaf it made it real hard to trim em up proper they way I like so I left a lot of leaf on, a lot of the popcorn and smaller buds were like a few calyxes and a lot of leaves so just chucked most of them in the trim bag to add to the oils haha
Ill try trim one up right down to bud however I don't know how successful ill be with that haha
You are right they did screw me abit and because of the leaf to bud ratio I believe I could of really smashed out a higher weightwith the HPS lol, swell though the led will make a good veging light from now on haha maybe side light for flowering haha
Now I look forward to doing a similar lady but under the HPS setup.

You gonna kill it with HPS mate, cant wait to see your plants with your training under hps in that tent of yours I envy so much.

Congrats on the harvest and enjoy those oils, hope your bro gets some relief too.

Pity about so much leaf but damn they have some nice frosting on them, sidelighting would be great. You gonna look for a mother? Heard you talking about getting another tent in one of your threads. ee how the oil goes and have a look at this thread too, gonna try this method soon. Got all the stuff for it and while the test results havent been shown yet, CajunCelt did say that he was impressed with them. Worth a try esp for increased yeild like that. Obviously it isnt going to be as clean but if we pick up a lot of extra cannabinoids going into the medicine...

39% extraction yield RSO

Haha thanks mate :thumb:
Yep I'm very keen to do the training I love under a new type of light I havnt used before will be very interesting and hopefully rewarding.

Yeah, its abit over the top leafy but I can't complain to much since I really thought id trim em and see all leaf with a few calyxes but there's a lot more bud then first thought which is good still prefer to see how the HPS goes against it.
I do really want another tent but atm its a question about money so will have to do a few more grows and hopefully get one after that so I can do mothers and clones going and go proper perpetual, finally haha

Definately keen to give that thread a read and hopefully give the technique a try.
Well your right, the better the yeild and cannabinoid content the better for all, defnately something to look into :)

Well I've had a few times on this Strawberry cough and man is it just a purely wonderful smoke just a real pleasant feeling, actually a strain that lives up to its anti-anxiety effects, great fruity smell and even taste, oh and each day they dry and others cure they're getting frostier :)

And I posted abit on my other journal but might aswell here too.
Today I got alotbof indoor grow equipment from a mate, nutrients brand new proper ph testers, some new lights/ballasts some a little bit second hand. All of it for helping a bloke trim.
So I now have a 600hps set up that just needs a globe but I have a spare ballast for it which is good.
I have full 1000 hid setup ill sell off along with some leds and 400hps bits and pieces, I'm quite amazed at it really.
So I am running a 400hps in the meantime while I wait for a 600 globe when I decide to order one.

And just like my other thread I've gotta say it, all the trimming of buds between mine and this other guys have got me seeing the buds in my sleep haha.

Anyways thanks for being about guys and ill post some extra pics soon of the dryed and a little cured buds :)

Hello everyone :)
Hope your all well and your grows are prosperous.
My harvest lost abit of weight through drying and ended up just under 100gs I think, I'd say mainly due to a lot of leaf.
Either way doesn't stress me its good smoke and more then I'd have if I didn't grow it :)
I'm Gunna get this journal put to completed soon but ill probably update again with some pics after the buds have cured a little.
Tell you what though the drying process worked well this time for me probably cause of the time of year but they went over a week and a half and some to 2 weeks which was nice :)
And I have alot of pics to share, some were camera some were on the phone, camera ones aren't great but you can zoom in on them nice :)

Firstly here is SC skeleton and root system.
IMAG18202.jpg

IMAG18223.jpg

IMAG1824.jpg

These ones are camera bud shots.
SAM_2558.JPG

SAM_2562.JPG

SAM_2561.JPG

SAM_2560.JPG

Phone bud shots.
IMAG18433.jpg

IMAG18422.jpg

IMAG18361.jpg

IMAG18402.jpg

IMAG18413.jpg

IMAG18351.jpg

IMAG18342.jpg

IMAG18311.jpg

And a bad pic of the buds curing away.
IMAG18163.jpg

Very happy with this strain definately one ill keep growing for time to come :)

Back
Top Bottom