Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Re: Newest of Noobs..from set up to growing and harvesting

With the space you are dealing atm, I would try to keep around 150 to 250 watts for veg room, using t5's, or CFL's or even better 250w MH, then for flowering about 400w! You can even go 600 using a cooltube to keep it cool :)
Before deciding how much anyways, I would figure out what kind work's better. Led is good but, super $$$!!
In optimal conditions, with an even canopy, you can do about 1g/watt!
So, you will start with clones? Can't you buy seeds online, and send them to a friends house? Attitude seedbank, and Phatty seeds (Guys where I always get my seeds) have really stealthy ways of sending em'. No one would even suspect those are seeds!! and you can choose amazing and great strains. I Would recomend as well, to get indica dominant! stay short and bushy!

:peace: Irie, Stay high!!

Sinsemillas:
Thanks for the thoughts and good direction. :) I do have some 150 watt cfl bulbs on the way. I'm looking for those 3 bulb holder adapters that I see some people using and am having a hard time locating them on the internet. I'm guessing I just don't know what to call them to do a proper search. LOL
I looked over Attitude, a few that I would like to try...but what breeder to choose....I don't know a thing about what breeder house is good and which ones are bad. I will look around on the forums tonight and see if I get some good info.
Have a great day!

I live in Europe atm, but to find any kind of growing equipment, I usually look for growshops in the near-by area, and ship them, or go in by car, any hydroponic grow shop, will have everything you need (almost all, at least here).
I think the holders are called Y spliters! I think this is what you might be looking for (or the like)
Amazon: Flashpoint 4 Socket Adapter - Converts 1 Socket into 4 - Use for Standard Socket Flourescent Bulbs

1667105110023.png

There are many amazing strains out there! But honestly, for me the best, really the best, is Mandala Seeds, they are really cool breeders, looking for landraces and breeding them with some magic! EVERY time I used mandala, i've been super super happy, I would recomend specially, "Mandala Hashberry", most amazing Indica, super small, bushy and BOOM high! super fruity delicious aroma.

Nirvana has some really cool strains, Northen Lights specially! great for begginers, short and bushy indica.

:peace: God speed.

sinsemillas:
I have actually been to Nirvana shop site several times, and I'm pretty much resolved that will be where I order from. They have a good selection and I thought the pricing was much more in line to what I was expecting. I would actually rather start from seed so I know there weren't any pests to start with, as clones may have. LOL Thanks!

On the CFL lights, I got my bulbs in the mail today. They are 40 watt (150watt), 2600 lumens each. I'm planning to hang at least two fixtures in the veggie area to start and work on the flowering lights when that is done.
Now the question is, these bulbs say "warm". Just how warm are they going to get? I wasn't planning on an exhaust fan in the veggie area, so do I need to order "cool" bulbs? I can always use what I have right now in the house here and there if I can't use them in the grow room.
I found a site on the internet where a guy built a very inexpensive reflector housing for CFL bulbs, using aluminum dryer/heater vent. That sounds right in my price range, as I already have some aluminum pieces here and plenty of electrical supplies.
Well, off to work I go. I have some mylar to hang.
Happy growing!:peace:

sinsemillas:
I wasn't planning on an exhaust fan in the veggie area

You may want to reconsider adding an exhaust to the veg area, even if it is a small one. I am under the impression that the general rule of thumb for grow rooms is that you want the air in the room exhausted in 3-5 minutes. For example, a 500 cubic foot area needs at least a 100 cfm or higher fan. Exhausting your grow room is important for not only the heat aspect but for the CO2 levels as well, especially the more enclosed the area is. Remember, plants like fresh air just like we do!

I say "may want to reconsider" because I, like yourself, am still pretty new to this. I could be totally wrong and you could be fine with passive exhaust (air just leaking out through wherever). It is hard to tell from the photos alone.

I found the y socket adapters at Lowes for a bit over 2 dollars each and a couple other things so I can rig up a hanging light using the CFL's tonight if all goes well.

Also, wanted to share good news...I will be LEGAL for medical marijuana use and to be a caregiver for others on August 8th!! I was getting worried that I would get a denial letter cuz I'm just not a lucky person , but good news today!:cheer:
Grow happy girls everyone!

I found the y socket adapters at Lowes for a bit over 2 dollars each and a couple other things so I can rig up a hanging light using the CFL's tonight if all goes well.

Also, wanted to share good news...I will be LEGAL for medical marijuana use and to be a caregiver for others on August 8th!! I was getting worried that I would get a denial letter cuz I'm just not a lucky person , but good news today!:cheer:
Grow happy girls everyone!

You are so lucky to be alive, and we are lucky as well!! Great news indeed.
I will add to what invi said, since I totally agree!! People tend to get exited on getting really good settings, good nutes etc etc, and usually overlook one of the most IF not the most important thing, which is Co2. you MUST renew all the air in your grow area, when they are small, a little fan will do, to avoid stale air, but once they get bigger, they will be eating a lot of that precious Co2. You can as well add extra Co2, with different methods, such as Sodium Bicarbonate + Vinegar; Sugar + Water and Yeast, or Co2 gas tanks (Quite $$).
All the best for you, Irie. :Rasta:

Congrats on your MMJ card! Smoking and growing legally takes a lot of stress and paranoia out of the picture. We still get them here in Colorado too even though it's legal for recreational purposes. Without them you still can't go into dispensaries! Hopefully that will change here in 2014. We also have doctor's that give more than the default plant limit (6)... I currently have a prescription for 24.

What is the plant count you will be allowed?

Hijinks, thanks!
We are allowed 12 plants for ourselves as patients, and can grow 12 plants per patient for a total of 5 people (registered patients).
We cannot have more than 2.5 oz. of usable weed for any patient on hand.
Which helps to explain why I have chosen such a large room in the basement. When I get some grows under my belt I will be expanding it to accommodate more plants for patients, the current grow areas need to be temporary. I won't be building solid walls or permanent fixtures anywhere right now. I want very much to help others with my particular condition and help them to live quality lives.

On a side note...this site...I spent over 3 hours reading journals last night. LOL This is just the most amazing information packed, people friendly, grow-and-show site I have found. Different opinions are abundant and I haven't seen anyone get slammed for them by other growers. Very nice. I'm sticking around. Nice job :420::bravo:

Hey if you are still trying to figure out where to get clones or seeds, I would recommend trying out Single Seed Centre. They are one of our sponsors and ship very discreetly. When I got my seeds they came in a black CD case (like one you would get with an xbox) that had a foam lining, the seeds were all clearly marked, and the bill to my credit card company was something like "Nicey Nice Novelties". The only problem I had with them was that it was an overseas charge, and so my credit card company locked my card after the purchase. I had to call them to verify it and make sure future purchases there wouldn't cause problems. I received the seeds in 7 days and I have been very happy with my purchase since. 10/12 of the seeds had germinated within 24 hours and only one of them never popped. I also chose to get feminized seeds which is a nice option to have.

Using Single Seed Centre you are also able to pick out, you guessed it, 1 seed at a time to mix and match your order however you would like. My 6 headband seeds from Cali Connection seedbank have been really amazing, and they are all doing well - even one that I thought I had killed during transplant.

Bringing clones into your grow area is also an easy way to get things like spider mites if you aren't extremely careful. Any problems that the grower who made the clones was having will now be your problems (bugs, disease). You can also store seeds for a while where you can't store clones! Of course, there are advantages to clones over seeds as well.

Anyway - if you feel like you are unable to get a reliable clone hook-up, I wouldn't hesitate to use Single Seed Centre (or any one of our sponsors for that matter)

Oh and I also forgot to mention one of the best parts about Single Seed Centre ... They give you a free seed with every purchase. Right now I have a "Sugar Mango Ryder" and an "Afghan Kush x White Widow" that I've been waiting to sprout they gave me with my last order.

Happy growing :Namaste:

Hijinks,
thanks again. I do have my seeds all picked out from a supplier. Now, I'm having a little trouble with the shipping method. I can't find any verifiable information on whether guaranteed express mail requires delivery signature. I don't want signature delivery as there will be no one around to sign for the package at the delivery address. Do you know if the above requires signature?
Thanks if you can help with that.
Also, I found an awesome item in my house that I will be using for a Scrog system. I'll upload a pic later. :)
Happy growing!:)

Okay my friends, I've been "shopping" today. First through my garage, then off to the local habitat for humanity center. (they resell donated items for home repairs and basic building items)
I found in my garage 3 unused outdoor security lights that I figure I can use because they are set up for two bulbs. I also found some heavy hanging chain so I can hang my light fixtures, and some heavy duty hooks for same.
At the Habitat for Humanity place I ran into 3 lighting units that you use for bathrooms, these are going to be perfect for hanging 8 bulbs per unit and one of them even more for that. (CFL bulbs) I will have to hard wire them, but I would rather hard wire than have extension cords hanging everywhere. Any reason these wouldn't work?
I also found an exhaust fan that I am not sure will work or not, (I did test and powered it up, okay there) but it was only a couple dollars so I figured I would grab it anyway. And a couple of electric timers for $2.00 each!
Here's a pic:
MiscLighting.jpg

On another note, I found two things here that I will try to use for ScROG set up when I'm ready for that challenge. One is a metal display rack that I had used for hanging pots/pans on. It's quite heavy, but I think it may work. The other is an old cheap wooden room divider. I've been trying to find an excuse to keep this, I may have finally found it. LOL
ScrogFrames.jpg

Last item is something I want to try for my propagating/germination, kind of mini greenhouses. These are formerly plastic cabinets that were used to sell donuts and treats. They have removable shelves and doors that close quite tightly. All kinds of room in them, they are 1 1/2' by 2' and more than 2' tall.
GerminationUnits.jpg

That's it for now, I'm off to the basement to work, work work. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oops, just thought of something. On the lighting units, each bulb socket is supposed to maximum wattage of 60 according to the stamp on them. Two CFL bulbs that I have in one socket are 40 Watts each. That's 80 Watts in one socket. Hmmmmm...problem eh?
Take care :)

Looking good. keep up the hard work.
Good day!

On a side note...this site...I spent over 3 hours reading journals last night. LOL This is just the most amazing information packed, people friendly, grow-and-show site I have found. Different opinions are abundant and I haven't seen anyone get slammed for them by other growers. Very nice. I'm sticking around. Nice job :420::bravo:

Cannafan,

I'm so glad you have developed a positive impression of the site and the folks that share here. I completely agree with you, and would go so far as to suggest that the lack of negativity in an online community that is often sharing opinions on topics where there is no one "right way" is truly rare. I can honestly say that the interaction with others on this site brightens my day! :circle-of-love:

I may have said it previously, but I LOVE all the repurposing your doing in using found or inexpensive items!

Well, I changed my mind on the hard wiring. I got to thinking that if I wanted to move these lights around that might restrict me a bit. So I took some plug in cords that you can buy at Lowes and wired them to the light fixture. Now I can plug them in anywhere. The bulbs on here are 25w CFL. I'm still a bit confused on using the two 40 watt bulbs in one 60 watt socket. Any electrical experts here that can shed some light (pun intended) on whether this is a problem? I'm thinking that it is trying to draw 80 watts total through a 60 watt socket which could cause a "melt down". Electrician I'm not! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Rewired_to_plug_in.jpg

Back
Top Bottom