Dank's Three Strain Grow LST CFLs In Soil

Actually there is a tank sold online, just google the "dank tank" I think it's like $45 for one online. My friend at the head shop bought one for his ecig, and it works well for the oils and such.
do you think it would be possible to convert an ecig into a sort of vape machine or use it for oil,

i got sent an ecig as a sample, it is like a big pen and you pour the liquid in the top part ad you press the button then use it like a cig and it just produces a vapor so can be used indoors or anywhere really,

so it has a sort of res at the top that you pour the oil into then it has like a wick that sits in the oil which runs over a sort of bit of wire that glows red when you hold the button down, so it sort of vapes the liquid so your not smoking any of the chemicals you normally do with regular cigs, to be honest i find it a bit harsh on the throat.

i know you can buy a new top that you put bud into and you press the button and the wire element heats up and acts like a pipe, but wasnt sure if it could be used for cannabis oil and then used as a vape that way.

but it basically works by having this wick in the res part, the wick then runs across the top of the element, so this must heat up and vape the liquid, could this be turned into a sort of vape for mj or would it not be worth messing with, i done a survey online and they sent me the ecig and 3 bottles of severn e juice with different strength nicotine in it. used it a few times but i find it a bit harsh but thought maybe you could use some cannabis oil and run that through it, but depends how thick cannabis oil is as it would need to soak up the wick and across the heat element, if it is possible would their be any sort of smell or would it be discreet enough to use when out and about

It is now day 7 for the seedlings, and I promised a photo update, so here goes. This is the AK X UK Cheese X Skunk, which is growing well, and has almost straightened itself out.
20131019_191332.jpg

Here's the Purple Paralysis, which is the fastest growing out of the bunch.
20131019_191349.jpg

The Pineapple Chunk seedling died, unfortunately, and I have no clue as to why, just shriveled up and slowly died. I read somewhere that the cheese strains don't like a lot of nutes, so maybe my soil mix was too hot for it, but the other cheese baby is doing well.

I've had ones in the past looking good then seedling stops growth but looks ok. Then bam I come in it looks Like it got choked out right above the soil line. I don't know the cause either and kinda chaps my *.

ill check the dank tank out and see if it would work with the ecig i got,

ive not had any issues with the cheese strains ive grown, the only issue i did have with a seedling giving up on life was when i over watered. but different soils can cause problems so can only give info off the soils i use as know some are to hot for the plants we grow, other issues could be a fan blowing on the plant or light bleach due to light being to close.

The Pineapple Chunk seedling died, unfortunately, and I have no clue as to why, just shriveled up and slowly died. I read somewhere that the cheese strains don't like a lot of nutes, so maybe my soil mix was too hot for it, but the other cheese baby is doing well.
Sorry to hear on the one that died. :rip:
The two in the pics look all happy and stuff sitting in their clouds of perlite. :thumb:

Thanks for the condolences everyone, but it's not a huge loss, still got two to play with, and I can still use some tricks to maximize production. I will have to veg longer than I had planned, but it's ok, gives me time to acquire some more grow goodies. I thought about putting the Cotton Candy down, or maybe the GDP X Purple Cheese, but it seems as if my friend said something about those taking a couple weeks to pop. If it took that long, it would be lots smaller than the others, and they wouldn't have as much room to roam.

Thanks for the pm DP, I will probably put the GDP X tomorrow, even if it is slow to sprout, hopefully it will be a female, and sounds like a really nice cross. I looked up the strain info, and both strains sound real nice, and sounds like some strong stuff. Glad to see you stretching your legs again DP, I know you were subbed to a lot of threads, hell I have 110+ myself now, and I'm not as good a typist as you, not near as fast, that's my wife's strong suit.

ive just not had as much chance to get on here lately, been busy with my kids and taking them to birthday parties so been pretty busy, so playing catch up now.

its a nice strain so far, i got a male producing pollen to cross with the best female then ill back cross with the best pheno type and work on making that one pheno stable,
but its looking good from the results im getting, should be some very nice buds at harvest.
i was hoping id end up with a gdp female but all the ken estes gdp i planted turned out male so ill buy some more in the near future and see if i can get a female, but the gdp cheese seems ok so far.

ill take some pics tomorrow and you can see where mine are at,

DP, don't worry about us. You just focus on being the best dad to your kids as that is a man's priority #1 and I know it is yours too, I just wanted to reiterate that you don't have to worry about us.

The lost baby has been replaced by a GDP X Purple Cheese, planted it just now in fact. I'm looking forward to this cross, since it's two very nice strains, sounds like it'll be potent. The AK X should be feminized, but not sure about the GDP X, I hope they're both females, if not I'll switch the Purple Paralysis back to 18/6, and veg it longer, let it fill the space out. So the plan for now is a short veg, then flip until they all show sex, and depending on the ratio, possibly a switch back to 18/6.

Personally I don't like to flip back once in, but know others that do successfully. I do see your reasoning for sure, either way sounds like a good read :popcorn::passitleft:

its not the best option to flip back to veg but as long as you make sure the plant goes back into veg before you flip it back to 12-12 again then their wont be any problems,

its when you go to 12-12 then back to veg but dont let the plant actually go back into veg then when you flip back 12-12 it can cause it to go hermie,

also if you go 12-12 and the plant starts to flower then flip back to veg then this turns the plant into a monster cropped plant which will give you some crazy growth and a huge bushy plant,

its the same as putting a harvested plant back in veg or taking clones after day 21 of 12-12, it just gives you a monter cropped plant.

its not the best option to flip back to veg but as long as you make sure the plant goes back into veg before you flip it back to 12-12 again then their wont be any problems,

its when you go to 12-12 then back to veg but dont let the plant actually go back into veg then when you flip back 12-12 it can cause it to go hermie,

also if you go 12-12 and the plant starts to flower then flip back to veg then this turns the plant into a monster cropped plant which will give you some crazy growth and a huge bushy plant,

its the same as putting a harvested plant back in veg or taking clones after day 21 of 12-12, it just gives you a monter cropped plant.

So your saying it produces more after doing this? I didn't know this hmmmm. I felt that the time I tried it that it diminished taste quality a bit, but don't remember getting better yeild. I may have done something wrong also who knows, but it re-vegged for 6mo so it was back.

i harvest my plants and always reveg one or 2, or i take clones after day 21 of flower then stick them under 20-4 until their back in veg,

week 1 you dont notice any growth at all,
week 2 you get some crazy looking singe bladed leaves that are usually curly,
week 3 the plant is back in veg and you now have a monster cropped plant,

ive got some clones growing now thats throwing out branches all over the place, id easily say yields are increased on average by 40% due to the extra growth you get, on my last monster cropped plant i threw away at least 60 cuttings and 2 bags of leaves, the plant was grown to the same height as it was the first time round but after revegging it it ended up a huge bush with crazy branch growth all over the place,

search the net for monster cropped plants and look at the images, you should see a plant with masses of branches, thats how mine end up, its why ive always done it since the first time i tried it,

so if i dont take clones in flower ill reveg the best plant and keep it in veg until i flip my other plants to flower, so the plant dont end up any talling it just ends up much bushier with masses of new branch growth, the 2 reveg clones i got growing at the minute are doing the exact same thing,

quality is the exact same ive not had any difference at all, id say the only noticable difference was the flower time, it seems to take a week or 2 longer but i think this has something to do with the amount of branches the plant has.

as long as the plant has started to flower and you can see formed flowers then i take clones or wait till harvest and leave some buds on the plant then put it back under a veg schedule, then after week 3 of veg its back in veg as a monster cropped plant.

it works ok for me and also another grower on here gets great results doing it as well, miwa in case you come across him, he also has the same problems with the crazy branch growth and masses of new leaves so he throws away lots of cuttings as well as you just end up removing lots of branches to let light in,

this is one of the clones i took in flower, all it was when i took the clone was one of the lower branches with a small bud at the end, then when it was back in veg it threw out load of branches from the bud,
20131011_231832.jpg

let me find the big pic of the one i harvested a while back

this is the one i harvested a while back, this was a plant i harvested then put back into veg, you can see its just a mass of branches and leaves, their hard work to keep on top of once they get big as you end up with branches growing more often along each branch.
PICT3180.JPG

this one below was a reveg clone, again it was a very short cutting with no side branches on it, it was about 2inches long with a bud at the end of the branch, then after it rooted then went back into veg it goes cray and throws out branches all over the place,
PICT3085.JPG

Back
Top Bottom