Duggan Does MK Ultra & Mazar With High Brix & Lots of LEDs

Hey Zigs! Ya mon....about 15 yrs. ago i read of a curing method in H.T's. mag on curing. The buds go into plastic grocery bags (about two oz's. per bag ....fold down until almost completly closed,then put that bag inside a paper bag ,then fold that down as well ,but leave a little air in the bag . Put in a warm spot for a few days ,then open and check for smell(should smell like a bowl of ripening fruit.) This exchanges the air in the bag,ya know. This method is more forgiving than jars, as if you miss an opening of the jars ,mould sets in very quickly using jars. Both methods work equally as well ,it's just that i've used this method for a long time and like the results i get from it. After a nice cure has taken place they ,the buds go into mason jars and right to the deep freeze for storage. When i pull a jar out of the freezer for smoking it's just like when i put it in there. I have taken jars out after ,over a yr. and they taste just like the day they were frozen. I must add though ,that this can only work with containers or jars that are made from glass and not plastic as it doesn't have as good a barrier in the deep freeze. Hope this shed a little light on it for you Zig. Cheers bro!:blunt:

Hello all! Bin too busy these days for much journal stuff. Had a great harvest....buds are in bags curing. Havn't really bin smokin much of it ....
Well i finally got around to building those oversize pots i was talkin about. WOW...i must be doing something wrong,as far as figuring out just how big these pots are! You would think ,that by puting two 7gal. pots together....you would have a 14 gal. pot ,right? Well, then how come these pots hold one ,complete "kit" plus an added 5 gal's. of other ,second run soil? They measure 22" across by 16" deep!I could have made them a little bigger but the GR door is only 22"! Hence 22" pots. Still have to figure out where to get 24" trays?They look ....at first glance like something that should be outside. Massive! Lots of gas for the "lil" mazar's.:blunt:

Gonna post a few pics of them along with the transplant session ,etc. Mazar's are lookin great as expected in this H.B. soil (first run) .The Runt is doing fine and will thank me for lettin her live :slide: With these extra big pots (1/2 kit each, plus) I'm expecting a problem free grow with large ,very healthy ,high yielding,plants with that HB purity and potency! Have a great day "gang".:circle-of-love:

Hello all! Bin too busy these days for much journal stuff. Had a great harvest....buds are in bags curing. Havn't really bin smokin much of it ....
Well i finally got around to building those oversize pots i was talkin about. WOW...i must be doing something wrong,as far as figuring out just how big these pots are! You would think ,that by puting two 7gal. pots together....you would have a 14 gal. pot ,right? Well, then how come these pots hold one ,complete "kit" plus an added 5 gal's. of other ,second run soil? They measure 22" across by 16" deep!I could have made them a little bigger but the GR door is only 22"! Hence 22" pots. Still have to figure out where to get 24" trays?They look ....at first glance like something that should be outside. Massive! Lots of gas for the "lil" mazar's.:blunt:

Gonna post a few pics of them along with the transplant session ,etc. Mazar's are lookin great as expected in this H.B. soil (first run) .The Runt is doing fine and will thank me for lettin her live :slide: With these extra big pots (1/2 kit each, plus) I'm expecting a problem free grow with large ,very healthy ,high yielding,plants with that HB purity and potency! Have a great day "gang".:circle-of-love:

Awesome! Duggan, the formula for volume of a cylinder is
V=πr2h
That is Pi. (3.14)
Your new pot volume is
Solution
V=πr2h=π·112·16≈6082.12 cubic inches! :)

6082 (cubic inches) is 26.329 US gallons!! :thumb:

Cant wait to hear of the smoke and your next incredible grow! :)

Awesome! Duggan, the formula for volume of a cylinder is
V=πr2h
That is Pi. (3.14)
Your new pot volume is
Solution
V=πr2h=π·112·16≈6082.12 cubic inches! :)

6082 (cubic inches) is 26.329 US gallons!! :thumb:

Cant wait to hear of the smoke and your next incredible grow! :)

Brilliant DrZig!!! Sometimes I love technical.stoners :)

Ya eh Scrubbs!.... Thanks Zigs! I guess that explains runnin out of soil . Holy fu..k dude..i screwed that up. 26 gal's. ....i was only trying for 15 or so....! Big ....hope not too big....we'll see.
The MK Ultra smoke is super nice Zig. Very strong ,smooth ,flavourfull and long lasting. Can't think of one thing,really, bad to say about it. Thanks for askin.
Just put the lil Mazar's under the Budmaster2 today. They're sitting on top of the big pots. About 5' from the light.They'le stay there for a week or so....before transplant .
Have great night Zig , Scrubbs!

Good morning 420 world! I got around to transplanting the lil Mazar's last night. Forgot to take pics during it all but have a few here ,now . These pots are filled with First Run, "Kit" soil with 30 lbs. of W.W. EWC. and some leaves and roots scraps with added "Roots" of course. I know the pots are overkill and could prolly fill my entire room here with just one of these but just don't want to have all my eggs in one basket sort of thing eh!
The other pics just show lights, and grow room stuff.
I noticed a trait with these Mazar's already that is cool.....the new shoots ....right in the middle have a slight red ,or orange tinge to them...kind of cool. The leaves are nice and waxy already and show this way before the MK Ultra's did. They actually do, really look fake. They got the standard treatment of a light dusting of "roots" and a full two gal's. each of water w/ just a little Transplant and tea.
I'm really stoked about growing this strain and have no doubt that Doc's gear is going to shine thru with these Landrace plants!:cheer:
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_015.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_013.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_012.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_010.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_009.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_008.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_007.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_005.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_004.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_003.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_002.jpg
Mazars_big_pots_26_gal_s_001.jpg

Looking awesome, Duggan! :thumb:

Mornin Zig! Thanks bro! These pots are fuckin huge man!! One whole "kit" plus an additional 4 gal's. of soil to completly fill them. They have alot of growing to do over the next four weeks or so, but won't flip em till they are very large.My methods will change a bit this round ,as i won't be able to pull them in and out of the room as easy this time.I'l have to push them both a side a little and just get down and squeeze in there to work on them etc.I will still turn them 180 degrees regularly . I'm still in need of two 24" saucers or trays!!!It's ok till i have to really drench the pots. What a mess it will be without them. I know if i can't find any that Doc's. idea of just using garbage bags could work but hate to do that if i can help it.
I had to buy larger "plant trollies" for these bigger pots as well. They were expensive at 30 bones a pc. but i really needed them to move these babies around and will never go without them ,ever, they are the ticket for my sore back and all!Have a great day "gang".:circle-of-love:

Mornin Zig! Thanks bro! These pots are fuckin huge man!! One whole "kit" plus an additional 4 gal's. of soil to completly fill them. They have alot of growing to do over the next four weeks or so, but won't flip em till they are very large.My methods will change a bit this round ,as i won't be able to pull them in and out of the room as easy this time.I'l have to push them both a side a little and just get down and squeeze in there to work on them etc.I will still turn them 180 degrees regularly . I'm still in need of two 24" saucers or trays!!!It's ok till i have to really drench the pots. What a mess it will be without them. I know if i can't find any that Doc's. idea of just using garbage bags could work but hate to do that if i can help it.
I had to buy larger "plant trollies" for these bigger pots as well. They were expensive at 30 bones a pc. but i really needed them to move these babies around and will never go without them ,ever, they are the ticket for my sore back and all!Have a great day "gang".:circle-of-love:

Hey Brotha, as usual you got some Awesome work N plans ahead, you B someone that knows a solid plan and the end results are Solid !
Hang in there ..... The holidays R near, Good 1
B.D.

Hey Zigs....Thanks bro!....but i just made some trays three days ago. I had to buy two pcs. of "sheet" aluminum about 1/16th of an inch thick and 28" square .From there i made them 28" round ...that left me with 2" of "lip" to bend upwards all the way around....it worked great and they ,the new trays look like big beer caps.I'l take a few pics today when the sun comes up in my G.R.. They cost me 25 dollars total ,so that wasn't too , too bad. If you only told me a few days ago i would have ,for sure ordered a couple of em!Rats eh!
Hope you've been well Zigs, things in my life have gotten a bit crazy lately and havn't had much time for the mag.:sorry:
The Mazar's are coming along but verticle growth is really slow still as they're still building roots in the big pots. I'm letting them dry out pretty good as they only got two gal's. of water for each 26 gal. pot a full week ago when i transplanted them.They should be ready for their first real "drench" today or tomorrow. I'l prolly just give them 4/5 gal's. each of water w/a little tea and G.E. for this first real "drench"
I have to say that these Mazar's are growing lil branches like crazy....when i fold away the fans all i see is a mass of undergrowth just ready to bust out...yay! Very thick stems and branches.Typical Afghani (indica) growth pattern. They have that nice colour and generally look very ,very healthy so far.The beauty of using Doc's. gear is ....you never have to worry if your plants are getting all they need.The challenge is to NOT give them anything they DON'T need! Cheers, Doc. and "gang".I'l post a few pics later.:high-five:

Hey Brotha, as usual you got some Awesome work N plans ahead, you B someone that knows a solid plan and the end results are Solid !
Hang in there ..... The holidays R near, Good 1
B.D.

Ya eh BD....having a good plan of attack is for sure a big help.These supersized pots will for sure be worth it....i just have to be really carefull ,i don't let them get too, too big before the "flip"Cheers!

Hey all! Just a little photo update on the girls.It's about 30 days or so now and i'm starting to see some real above ground growth now.
In these pics you can see in a couple of em where i supercropped the main stem to encourage branching.These two are starting to develope real thick stems and vegetation under all the big ,thick Indica leaves.
Starting to get a nice glow to them....i'm very happy how they are coming along and with all this H.B. soil to draw from ,they're gonna get nice and full. Last watering was on Fri and they got 3 gal's. each of a bit of tea and some G.E. ,but just a bit ....not that much....say 1/2,strength.Their is so much soil that with a little tea to wake things up ,that's all they need at this point.Not alot of anything,really. Still making roots too.

Doc, just a small observation with these Mazar's. vs. the MK Ultra.....these ones seem to have a much stronger build and are quite vigorous and really seem to "take" to this H.B. soil. It's cool to see! i didn't think too much was going on there for a while....then i looked under the big fans and the undergrowth looks ready to explode!:slide:
You can also see the home made trays under the pots made from aluminum sheets etc. They don't look too sweet but they make up for it in functionality.

The Budmaster2 675 xg series light is about 5 feet from them and they seem to like that just fine,which is ok with me since i really don't have to move this light at all. It's plenty strong enough from that distance.The other four lights will, of course stay off till thay are needed again in bloom.

I'l continue following Doc's instructions and spray twice a week w/stress and once with Brix. So far....so good,as they say eh! Cheers all!:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom