Dutch Dragons Cheesy 2'x2' 250 HPS - Organic Soil Journal

Re: Dutch Dragons Cheesy 2'x2' 250 HPS, Organic Soil Journal

Ok that is what I used to do with my first and best grow, thing is I was told maybe got it wrong but to water till it comes through the drain hole,s?
Dont water the bike but if you use an atomiser then you can get it all sparkly

I wash the bike with r/o water...LOL......A small amount of runoff is good.........I don't get any runoff til I think my roots are well established. When I put a plant in a ten gallon pot...from a 1 gallon.......I know the plant dosen;t need the whole ten gallons of soil wet, I take everything into consideration....I measure ALL my water, and I know exactly how much water they need....and it also gives me an idea of how they are health wise....their water requirements change a lot during their life! My ten gallon pots are giving me a coupla tbsp. runoff each....ATM.

I wash the bike with r/o water...LOL......A small amount of runoff is good.........I don't get any runoff til I think my roots are well established. When I put a plant in a ten gallon pot...from a 1 gallon.......I know the plant dosen;t need the whole ten gallons of soil wet, I take everything into consideration....I measure ALL my water, and I know exactly how much water they need....and it also gives me an idea of how they are health wise....their water requirements change a lot during their life! My ten gallon pots are giving me a coupla tbsp. runoff each....ATM.

Thanks Mac I still have to take the meter out I forgot it is also anchoring down bertha from her tie down so I got it a table spoon at the most One more thing I dont know how big rather how much the pot holds what I used to do was give 1 liter and leave until required thanks sorry i was a littla late with the reply but I had to go to the shops now I am just bout to start doing dinner thanks a lot :grinjoint:
PS what:grinjoint: bike are you growing

Thanks Mac I still have to take the meter out I forgot it is also anchoring down bertha from her tie down so I got it a table spoon at the most One more thing I dont know how big rather how much the pot holds what I used to do was give 1 liter and leave until required thanks sorry i was a littla late with the reply but I had to go to the shops now I am just bout to start doing dinner thanks a lot :grinjoint:
PS what:grinjoint: bike are you growing

Do you shop every day?, I like to shop that way....most of the food in the us is loaded with poison! I'm growing my Harley road king!...LOL!

Well that,s an excellent strain of bike Id love a bike again I only ever owned one once it was a BSA ban tum an I was young an well shit I wrecked it ah well
I do go fairly regular an at the moment yes and for the very same reason,s it,s all full of crap :rofl: folk,s just don’t seem to understand that they make it addictive as well so with Padmas condition we kind of found out rather quick thank god that our diet has changed we try to stay poison free as much as possible but with all else that goes on like chem spraying for climate change well why other than agenda 21 I think its called is in the manual cause they are saying that there world to over populated with us I still have faith in humaity though an when it hit,s the fan proper we will win this war:grinjoint:

Heres my moisture meter Jaga
0051243.JPG
0061079.JPG
cost 10 euro on fleebay. The probe should be cleaned and dried after every use and the supplied cover should be used to protect the probe. If you have abused it by leaving it in the soil then you must look at the point of the probe and check for oxidization. If it looks nasty then you can use a bit of wet and dry sandpaper to make it like new. The probe can also be cleaned thoroughly with alcohol or nail varnish remover (acetone), it should then work like new.
You say you haven't watered for a week and the meter still reads moist. Then check the weight of the pot by picking it up. If it feels light and the plant hasn't wilted yet then remember where the needle is pointing on your meter and use this as a 'time to water mark'. Now every time you check with the meter you know your bang on. Use the meter in a couple of different places in the pot to double check to be sure and any holes left by the probe can be filled by poking them closed with a finger.
If the pots light then its time to water, don't let her wilt. They really do need a lot less water than you think, and benefit from drying out. Next grow you should really think about mixing in some perlite, this helps a lot with drainage.

Dutch thats far better than the ting that I have I may have to wait a while but thank you for getting back to me I know you are a busy guy, I think I need to learn a lot about the soil as well cause I got somthing going on again an they havent been fed all the water was PHed at 6.6 but these little brown spots are coming through on one leaf, this makes me feel a ,little shit to be honest, could it be the cheap grow bag I have used or what I really dont no and I hve to go cause the Mrs is saying once again I spend to long onthe PC Life is a box of choc,s aye thanks bro if you have an idea please I am all ears:hmmmm:

Id say Jaga that it could be your soil. Grow bags are made for tomatoes and cucumbers and other devilishly thirsty plants, so the soil is of a type that holds water well. What you should go for is a free draining soil. The grow bag soil is good stuff but should be cut with about 25 percent perlite to help dry it out quicker. I know you let them dry out,but I reckon it could be a sort of over watering symptom from before when they were overwatered. See if this letting them dry out well between waters thing works for you. She still looks sweet Jaga. Have you watered her today? Keep us updated on your problem Jaga as a team effort we can help you out as best we can. Don't let it get you too down Jaga, its usualy an easy fix.

Hello 420 ers, Just had a 2 day heat wave here in the Netherlands. Got upto 32c, which was bad news for my temps in the cab. The girls suffered a bit from the heat and low relative humidity, they show a little leaf curl due to the led being too close also, they grew a good three inches in one day. Got the lamps way further away now and am spraying the box and wetting up towels to improve RH. They look a bit better today, but Im gonna have to nurse them through this hot weather a bit. Give them a bit of organic root stimulator in their water yesterday as a first feed. Not had the growth expected this week so I will transplant into the big pots later in the week when they are ready. Here they are as of 5 minutes ago.
cheese_14_days_old_001.JPG

I wish you all have a lovely weekend and trouble free growing. Good weed to you all.

Id say Jaga that it could be your soil. Grow bags are made for tomatoes and cucumbers and other devilishly thirsty plants, so the soil is of a type that holds water well. What you should go for is a free draining soil. The grow bag soil is good stuff but should be cut with about 25 percent perlite to help dry it out quicker. I know you let them dry out,but I reckon it could be a sort of over watering symptom from before when they were overwatered. See if this letting them dry out well between waters thing works for you. She still looks sweet Jaga. Have you watered her today? Keep us updated on your problem Jaga as a team effort we can help you out as best we can. Don't let it get you too down Jaga, its usualy an easy fix.

Thank,s Dutch Friend I gave her tap water with a 6.6 ph just 1 liter and I put 2.5ml,s of Epsom salt,s I cant change the soil but can I improve condition,s in any way, I had a feeling it would be the soil because it has all happened around the same time as my last mess up, she look,s very healthy but I sa it happen to the other girl,s like I said around the same time 4wek period and after there first watering, thank,s brother and have a great Sativaday

Just let em dry out well between waterings and put a fan at soil level to help evapotation Jaga. Good exhaust is essential. Next grow you should really get a bag of perlite to mix in with your chosen soil as that will make it much more forgiving and stop the usual issues. Have a good weekend Jaga and thanks for stopping by:)

Thank,s Dutch I do have a very good exhaust at least,, with this FF soil do I have to cook it an what is cooking soil?
Plus thank,s for the info and have a brilliant weekend yourself Mrs an kid,s:grinjoint:

Hi Dutch, subscribed. I can't believe I didn't see your thread sooner. Your plants are off to a great start, looking forward to your scrog. Good luck my friend.
:thumb:

Soil from a bag if cooked is done before planting so its too late, but cooking the soil is usually done to home made mixes, I do it also with my batmix. The soil is watered in and mixed and aloud time to get the micro organizms bacterias and fungi to establish themselves making the nutrients available to the plants. Its like a quick composting of the mix whereby it heats up and is turned and heats up and is turned etc. Take it easy Jaga.

Thanks to stealthgrow and all the followers, its early days and its already a good turnout for my humble journal, I'm pleased to have your patronage. I hope I can give you a good show to look at later on in the grow as its pretty slow and boring at the moment pic wise. I highly recommend entering the contests if you wish to attract more action to your journals, lots of new faces:) Good luck to all the entrants this month, there are many mighty fine specimens indeed. Don't fancy my chances, but whoever wins will be well deserved.

Thanks cajuncelt she was a beauty. Hoping this Greenhouse cheese is gonna like it in my box of torture. Hoping they will be good scroggers.

Soil from a bag if cooked is done before planting so its too late, but cooking the soil is usually done to home made mixes, I do it also with my batmix. The soil is watered in and mixed and aloud time to get the micro organizms bacterias and fungi to establish themselves making the nutrients available to the plants. Its like a quick composting of the mix whereby it heats up and is turned and heats up and is turned etc. Take it easy Jaga.

Ok so would I put all other additives when cooking I mean like lime an perlite or just with nutes like the batmix? And how long do I leave it an turn it over cause I would really like to try this out? One other thing I think you was right But I think Bertha has been stunted she is growing but nothing like the last Bio mass I grew, it,s kind of hard to tell for sure as I have her trained very low to the soil:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom