Flower Child Puts Seeds In The Soil Again 2013

Careful with the center though. I didn't let my girl fill in her "center" until after flip, and she has filled it in completely with new growth, twice! You're def gonna need supercropping, right you are ;)
The easing in to flowering I like, as you said it's what happens in nature, and it would be an ok comparison to my diesel who got a hard flip :)

Careful with the center though. I didn't let my girl fill in her "center" until after flip, and she has filled it in completely with new growth, twice! You're def gonna need supercropping, right you are ;)
The easing in to flowering I like, as you said it's what happens in nature, and it would be an ok comparison to my diesel who got a hard flip :)
Yea, the comparison will be interesting! I will be switching to the HPS light tomorrow so they will have that as a big change, but their next feeding will be a 50-50 mix of veg and flower nutes, so they ease gradually into their new food too!

Yea, the comparison will be interesting! I will be switching to the HPS light tomorrow so they will have that as a big change, but their next feeding will be a 50-50 mix of veg and flower nutes, so they ease gradually into their new food too!

They're gonna love the new light! Ah, great idea to ease into the nutes as well, makes perfect sense as I take it that's how nature would work as well. This is gonna be so good!

They're gonna love the new light! Ah, great idea to ease into the nutes as well, makes perfect sense as I take it that's how nature would work as well. This is gonna be so good!
I hope so! You will be an excellent judge on whether or not this makes a difference since you've already gone through the stretch with your diesel girl. I figured out the schedule for the week and am going to cut the light by 1 1/2 hours daily, so by friday night they will be 12-12. Experimenting with these plants sure is a lot of fun!

Oh thanks for the honor! But I'm unsure wether I'll be a very excellent judge or not heh. It's a big difference flowering with a HPS and flowering with my puny 36W CFL haha ;) but I'll try my best no doubt!
Yeah that would work nicely I think, pretty fittingly for the weekend.
Yes it sure is innit?! :cheesygrinsmiley: It would be a dream come true with a warehouse size grow room, hundreds of plants and strains and just go nuts trying out everything and nothing!

Oh thanks for the honor! But I'm unsure wether I'll be a very excellent judge or not heh. It's a big difference flowering with a HPS and flowering with my puny 36W CFL haha ;) but I'll try my best no doubt!
Yeah that would work nicely I think, pretty fittingly for the weekend.
Yes it sure is innit?! :cheesygrinsmiley: It would be a dream come true with a warehouse size grow room, hundreds of plants and strains and just go nuts trying out everything and nothing!
I'd have to add living quarters and grocery delivery to that warehouse cause I'd never leave it.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Flower Child, that last shot is stunning! I love your LST. +reps!

What is it you're using to tie them down? It looks nice and soft. (The green stuff)

I'm such an LST wuss :icon_roll

It's a foam covered wire made for tomato's. I use it as countertraction at the base so they don't get uprooted, and a second piece for the main stem because both sites get a lot of pressure from the LST as the plant is bent. For all the side branches I just use hemp twine as they bend easily.

Oh and Just wait till you get to try supercropping.:rofl: I've done it and am dreading when i need to do it to these current girls.
The sound of the pop- the feel of the pop- and the sudden give of the branch- terrifys me- I do it solely by touch- can't bear to look till its done.:whoa::rofl:

Oh and Just wait till you get to try supercropping.:rofl: I've done it and am dreading when i need to do it to these current girls.
The sound of the pop- the feel of the pop- and the sudden give of the branch- terrifys me- I do it solely by touch- can't bear to look till its done.:whoa::rofl:

Ugh, I don't know about all of that! It reminds me of when people pop their necks. That gets my stomach every time. Do you do that just for height concerns or are there other benefits?

Henmans right, plus it works well if your plants get too tall- you just have to remember to tie them down after you supercrop them or they will stand back up again- learned that the hard way.:peace:

All of the above info is correct, some growers use it to "build" bigger buds, but I've seen mixed results. I would only do it because height restrictions, but that's what lst is for, hopefully I can contain my girls without bending.

Ah, I was wondering if people do it even if they can tie them down without a break or if the break itself served a purpose. I don't know if I'll ever be able to bring myself to 'break' anything on purpose. I'm a mega wimp. I don't even kill bugs in my house. They all go in cups and get flung outside in the cold. :laughtwo:

LOL. I hope your plants never get mites or aphids because your will have quite the problem moving those bugs to the outdoors:rofl:

I only supercrop in desperate situations like during stretch when a single plant gets too close to the light. I've been told however that the injury makes the plant send more energy to the affected branch and can yield more because of that. Personally, I find it too scary to do it for that reason. I'm a semi- wimp I guess

I've been told however that the injury makes the plant send more energy to the affected branch and can yield more because of that.

You are right about that. Same works with removing branches or stems, or pinching/twisting stems to break up the inner core, the vascular tissue thats responsible for moving around water and nutrients.
The first is mainly visible, and I noticed this myself on my own grow, at the stem base where it protrudes from the main stem. The base swells up pretty good, almost to a ball.
The latter, on the other hand, manifests itself as a thicker branch as a whole. As you break up the inner tissue, it rebuilds itself stronger. Much like how muscles work when you're exercising!

LOL. I hope your plants never get mites or aphids because your will have quite the problem moving those bugs to the outdoors:rofl:

I've been dreading this. I've seen two stray bugs in my containers so far, and my stomach dropped each time. Bugs are my biggest growing fear, only because I hate killing things. I will do it though - a mother's love knows no bounds, right? Let's hope so. :laughtwo:

I'm afraid of bugs too, but only because airpots have so many holes- the bugs would have so many places to hide:straightface:

A little update. I reduced their light last night by 1 1/2 hours- the countdown is on......

I am flipping the two straggler bombs along with the others. They are vigorous little things- I wonder if it helps that they were the freshest seeds (I found them in buds from my first grow- got lucky with a few feminized seeds).
Anyway their stems are nearly as thick as the older girls so I think they are big enough.
IMG_20131119_095631.jpg

Won't be long now and they will start the stretching. I just hope not tooooo much. The bombs will stay a short 2 1/2 feet but the other 3 strains are supposed to hit 4 ft, 5 ft, and 6 ft. :bitingnails: With only a 7 foot tent, I don't have much choice but to train them..... a lot!:laughtwo:
IMG_20131119_095358.jpg
IMG_20131119_095348.jpg

Happy growing!:green_heart:

I Forgot About The Light!:yikes:
OMG I just turned off the light a few minutes ago- 5 hours late!!! I had turned off the timer last night and was going to run the light manually till the switch to 12-12 was complete. I completely forgot about it! They just went from a 16 1/2 hour day to a 21 hour day. And to make matters worse the exhaust fan was still running on its intermittent lights out schedule so the heat built up. When i finally realized what i'd done I ran down to the room, turned off the light and turned on the exhaust fan because it was 92 in the tent.:bitingnails:
I peeked at them but it was too dark to really evaluate them and I was so panicked, and pissed off at myself, that I just zipped the door back up and walked away.

Thanks Henman and LA for the kind words before my messup- Didnt do so good today- I just hope the plants will recover from this.
If they are ok I think I will give them their usual 6 hour dark time and start 12-12 immediately following that.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom