From Seed to Smoke - RQS Critical & OG Kush - LED - DWC Scrog

re: From Seed to Smoke - RQS Critical & OG Kush - LED - DWC Scrog

Stealth allow me to say just HOW FREAKIN AWESOME that looks!!

:high-five:
I'm excited to try these girls out. Still gonna be a couple of weeks before I get to taste.:yummy:

Looking really classy in here as always stealth my friend :) just wondered if you've ever tried bud backbuilding?? Just as I noticed some really pointy colas going on :) :)

Hi LA.:ciao:

I did do the bud building on the biggest bud/cola in the closet. She was starting to foxtail so I nipped the top off. It stopped vertical growth but then foxtails started coming out the sides of the bud. I should have done the bud building on the other tops, but just never thought of it. Too medicated i guess.:bong:

Will definitely do the bud building in the OG closet, gonna have to review your journal to find the best time to do it. The OG and smaller Criticals are starting to look very nice. The OG this round seems to be doing much better than last round, She started showing pistils after a week of 12/12 and lots of stacking. Last round she wasn't showing pistils and baby buds til almost 3 weeks into flower and harvest was late also. Looking very good this round.
Thanks for stopping in. ;)

Hi everyone.:ciao:

I harvested the two Critical's last night, its was day 62 of flower. Looks like its gonna be a good final weight, I'd guesstimate 5-6 ounces. There will definitely be enough to keep myself supplied until next harvest in another month or so.;)

I didn't take any pics of the Critical pre-harvest, but just look at the last update and you'll see what the closet looked like.
I chopped down both plants in full, washed the buds, got the closet cleaned and disinfected, and then transplanted the Chunk, the Mystery strain, and the Bubblelicious into the closet.

Overall the Critical buds look very nice, and I'm looking forward to tasting, but I'm gonna wait til they have been properly dried and then cured at least a week.

Some harvest pics.

IMG_0007180.JPG

IMG_0001207.JPG

IMG_0008183.JPG

This branch and the following buds pics are smaller pop corn buds that are wet after the bud wash. The big buds were hung first so are at the back of the drying closet, and were not easy to get to in order to to take some pics.
IMG_0012140.JPG

IMG_0013143.JPG

IMG_0014135.JPG

I transplanted the Pineapple Chunk, the Mystery strain, and the Bubblelicious into the closet. I was only gonna put 2 plants into this closet but the Mystery strain isn't looking so healthy, so I decided to put the Bubblelicious in the closet also. This way if the Mystery plant doesn't make it it, or is a male I can pull it from the closet quickly and still get a good yield this round.
The transplant went fairly smooth, and by letting the plants dry out a little I was able to remove about half the coco from the plants before I put them in the reservoir. The rest of the coco I wasn't able to remove just fell to the bottom of the reservoir or is still clinging to the roots. The coco will probably get sucked out next reservoir change or get stuck in the filter til the next cleaning.

Chunk & Bubblelicious Closet stats.
PPM=415
PH= 5.9
Air Temp= 78F
Water Temp= 69F
RH= 41%

IMG_0016125.JPG

IMG_0015137.JPG

IMG_0018130.JPG

IMG_0019122.JPG

IMG_0022106.JPG

IMG_002493.JPG

IMG_0025101.JPG

The OG Kush and small Critical closet is doing great, today is day 34 of flower. The OG's buds are growing well, and the stacking is awesome, the buds are already starting to fill out. Gonna have to do Light Addict's Bud building technique on these girls very soon I think. I changed out the reservoir last night for this closet and gave the girls a fresh dose of nutrients. The plants are doing
awesome.;)
All 6 OG Kush clones are rooted now, I'm going to leave them in the humidity dome for another few day though, just to give them that much more time to develop a nice set of roots on each clone.

OG Kush & Critical Closet stats
Day 34 of flower
PPM= 750
PH= 6.0
Air Temp= 79F
Water Temp=69F
RH= 47%

IMG_0002216.JPG

IMG_0004216.JPG

IMG_0003224.JPG

IMG_0005210.JPG

IMG_0006198.JPG

IMG_0007182.JPG

That's it for another week, hopefully next weeks update I'll have some final dry weights to share with everyone.
Questions and comments are always welcome, and as always, stay medicated my friends.;)

Awesome my friend. It was great to put a voice to the name :) I'll be following your videos for sure! :)

Nice video Stealth. It was great seeing your grow come to life. :thumb:

Thanks guys. I took that video in 1 shot. I gotta learn how to edit and add images etc.. but I like the video's. I think I'll continue with it and add some medicating&chatting vids. Maybe I'll do a vid on how I make my kief Hash with a meltshot vid in my bong. As you guys saw though, my camera takes great still images but the video capability sucks balls.;)

Stealth! I was going through my friends list to get back in touch. You're up!
Beautiful grow. All caught up now. Nice bud shots too.
Come by.

great video, subbed that channel also

Kick ass video.. i had to change my google+ username so it didn't show my real name so i can start uploading videos of the grow loft here!

Thanks for the inspiration Stealth!

great video, subbed that channel also

Kick ass video.. i had to change my google+ username so it didn't show my real name so i can start uploading videos of the grow loft here!

Thanks for the inspiration Stealth!

Cheers guys.:bong:

Hey Stealth - awesome grow! I read every page and followed along. The plants in my Superstar closet are about 8" high, 4 weeks today from seed. They are going pretty good - but I've run into a problem - I can smell them from a good distance! There are 2 filters inside the Superstar (Just like your cabinets) - and there is still a very recognizable smell coming from the cabinet. I moved the cabinet a bit and smelled the air coming out of the backs of the exhausts, and it's a very musty type smell - which is strange. I called Supercloset and they said that shouldn't be happening... they also sent out an ozonator which I guess is supposed to help. Do you notice any smells coming from the exhausts of the filters in your setup?

Hey Stealth - awesome grow! I read every page and followed along. The plants in my Superstar closet are about 8" high, 4 weeks today from seed. They are going pretty good - but I've run into a problem - I can smell them from a good distance! There are 2 filters inside the Superstar (Just like your cabinets) - and there is still a very recognizable smell coming from the cabinet. I moved the cabinet a bit and smelled the air coming out of the backs of the exhausts, and it's a very musty type smell - which is strange. I called Supercloset and they said that shouldn't be happening... they also sent out an ozonator which I guess is supposed to help. Do you notice any smells coming from the exhausts of the filters in your setup?

I'm not noticing a weird/musty smell or ever did from the carbon filters. The plants themselves can sometimes smell in veg growth depending on what strain your growing but the carbon filters should take care of most of the plant smell. I also substitute the carbon filters in the grow by putting glade plug ins all over the house. They smell nice and by putting them on the main floor of the house or pretty much all over, it doesn't seem like your trying to hide a smell so much as just keep a nice fresh scent in your home. I've heard ona gel works well also, especially the fresh linen smell, but caution you don't want to put air freshners in your grow really because the smell can be absorbed by the plants, especially when drying.

I've had no issue with my filters, but have had issues with my LED lights, I've gone through 3 replacements in just over a year. Supercloset always handled the problems I had fairly quickly though, and never gave me a hard time, they should hopefully help you out with the filters. The ozonator, I've heard will certainly help with smell, but I don't personally have one.
Thankfully smell is not that much of a concern where I'm growing.

Other than the smell, I'm glad your plants are doing good. I'd love to hear how everything turns out for you. Feel free to post your results here if you don't start a journal, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions.

Cheers.;)

Hey Stealth - another awesome grow man! I was looking for feedback on growboxes in general. I have been looking at supercloset and growboxusa. C Sprite Said you were using a supercloset and that I should check out your journals. I read the first one today. It looks like you had fantastic results on your first run. Very detailed and informative journal. I learned a thing or two. I will read the others when time allows. I glanced through this one. I see you are still having problems with the occasional loss of power.

Keep up the outstanding work!!!

Hey Stealth - another awesome grow man! I was looking for feedback on growboxes in general. I have been looking at supercloset and growboxusa. C Sprite Said you were using a supercloset and that I should check out your journals. I read the first one today. It looks like you had fantastic results on your first run. Very detailed and informative journal. I learned a thing or two. I will read the others when time allows. I glanced through this one. I see you are still having problems with the occasional loss of power.

Hey Duckster, welcome.

Yeah the power outages during big thunder storms in the summer are my nemesis. Its happened twice since I got the closets but lucky for me, I haven't lost a crop due to it. Other than the power loss issue though the closets haven't let me down, and have pretty much paid for themselves.
I haven't checked out the growboxusa, but I'm satisfied with my purchase overall, and the support I receive from Supercloset if its needed. I don't regret buying these closets vs. another at all.
Thanks for the compliment & for checking out my journal, and If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers;)

Hey Duckster, welcome.

Yeah the power outages during big thunder storms in the summer are my nemesis. Its happened twice since I got the closets but lucky for me, I haven't lost a crop due to it. Other than the power loss issue though the closets haven't let me down, and have pretty much paid for themselves.
I haven't checked out the growboxusa, but I'm satisfied with my purchase overall, and the support I receive from Supercloset if its needed. I don't regret buying these closets vs. another at all.
Thanks for the compliment & for checking out my journal, and If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers;)

As an add on to that, I would also suggest looking at SuperstarLED's post just 2 posts up from yours, and my answer. Although these closets are marketed sometimes as stealth closets, and claim no smell will escape the airtight environment. Its not true. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone who sees the closet is gong to know, its not a normal closet/cabinet. There is some light leakage, not a ton but its there, and sound....
The closets make noise, the air pump buzzes, and the air stones bubble away.The carbon filter fans make noise etc... The smell is detectable sometimes during veg state, and certainly by late flower.
They are not stealth closets, don't let my 420mag name fool you, but they do grow good medicine.;)

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Only time i smell anything from my BC Northern Lights "producer" is when my door is open to check on the plants. The particular white strains i am growing all smell heavily during veg, but i smoke heavily in my apartment, so you dont even notice it. When i am in flower, my carbon filter is always attached (I have to admit tho, its not on right now. I'm only like 9 days into 12/12 tho, so no bud formation yet!)

The only sound i hear is when the lights are on and the fans are running. I dont hear my airpump or the airstones. There is light leaks. Not from the growing space itself, but from the light housing that has these covers over top of the fans on the exterior.

Check out my Current journal "Widow run #2" for a descriptive breakdown of my grow cab. Almost half the price as the Trinity 3.0 LED with all the additional add ons for the Supercloset.

As an add on to that, I would also suggest looking at SuperstarLED's post just 2 posts up from yours, and my answer. Although these closets are marketed sometimes as stealth closets, and claim no smell will escape the airtight environment. Its not true. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Anyone who sees the closet is gong to know, its not a normal closet/cabinet. There is some light leakage, not a ton but its there, and sound....
The closets make noise, the air pump buzzes, and the air stones bubble away.The carbon filter fans make noise etc... The smell is detectable sometimes during veg state, and certainly by late flower.
They are not stealth closets, don't let my 420mag name fool you, but they do grow good medicine.;)

Hope this helps.
Cheers.

Biggest differences between the two brands for me is: 16 gauge steel construction on growbox vs. 18 gauge on closet. Growbox has all of the electrical connections on the inside vs. the power strip on the back. I assume the power strip adds about 6" of depth from the wall. Do you have to pull the cabinet away from the wall to mess with your electrical & timers etc.? I guess the electrical on the inside could be a pain when the plants are big.

I agree, these cabinets are only "stealth" in general terms. Not as obvious as a tent or some other indoor setups. I only expected the filters to minimize the odors not eliminate. Although I am buying a hydro unit, I plan to grow autos in soil for the first couple of runs. Don't want to try too many new things at once.

I see that you are growing multiple strains. I thought I remembered a statement in your first journal about sticking with a single strain on a grow. Something about height and timing differences. I assume you have solved that dilemma.

Sorry for the verbosity. Just trying to get it right (or as close as I can) the first time. I'm sure you can relate.

Ta

Back
Top Bottom