In The Lab

Doc, this is ACE Congo. 89 days flowering in 5g smart pots under combined LED lights adding up to about 500w. Some light effects were noticeable, you'll see the stem at the bottom of the bud looks darkish; the plant was noticeably sun burned everywhere one of my lights hit it, I have since removed that light. Very odd, she wouldn't even really cope with it after a good solid spraying of stress. I don't need that light in there any more so it's no real loss. These pics are some of the buds dried, not cured. I got about 3 oz of trimmed/dried bud from the 5g pot in this setup, MUCH more than my expectation. I vegged her for 27 days prior to the flip, so I'd say that's above average for my normal grow styles based on a somewhat new experience growing a 12.5 week strain.

congo2.jpg

congo1.jpg
Those look very tasty indeed. Nice work! I've got an LED grow going right now. I'm about to start bloom and will be posting pics when I do.

Thanks for pics of that super cool bud. I love that exotic stuff, especially done up organic and hopefully high brix.

You guys are awesome. I also have my bulletproof, and today for the first time we used cannabutter in the mix. The best way I can describe how it felt was "bright." I just felt fantastic!

I've got a cut of Harlequin I'm going to grow out and I'm looking forward to a high CBD strain via bulletproof coffee. That could be a miracle medicine on many levels...no bull.

However, as much as I like discussing all this stuff, how 'bout we take it to my Q and A journal, as I want to keep this one pretty focused on the kit.

I promise some really cool changes very soon.....

Here is one cool update I'll share:

Use 8 mils per gallon on Energy and Cat Drench, and 10 mils per gallon when feeding Transplant. Those are the new doses for small containers. If growing in a raised bed or in the earth, continue using 1 oz per 30 sq. feet as dosage. The nice thing is that horrible damage isn't done by over feeding, just a little less magic.

I just picked up a cut of Harlequin as well, super excited to have a high CBD plant for use with edibles, butter, oil and such :) I still have to get my hands on that bulletproof coffee. :)

I just picked up a cut of Harlequin as well, super excited to have a high CBD plant for use with edibles, butter, oil and such :) I still have to get my hands on that bulletproof coffee. :)

Its easy Ice, go to a coffee shop that roasts there coffee in house. Grab something lightly roasted and preferably not from South America(I don't know how much issues there is with SA coffee but the website says its not good). Some nice organic butter and unrefined virgin coconut oil and your in the money, after the first week you feel like a super hero, I hate when I can't get my coffee.

Doc,
I had East Coast Pro Mix tested just in case it is different than your West Coast Pro Mix. Would you recommend any differences in amendments, foliar sprays, etc. after your many growing cycles? I do have PGR, Amaze, Bloomit, BioVam, BrixBlaster and Soil Life Activator. I also had "Coast of Maine Lobster Compost" tested for us Easters and the phosphorus was 4440-ideal 174. Potassium was 3109-ideal 167. Way off for High Brix. I do not have enough posts to PM but have an interest in your kit. Thanks for the help

John

SOIL ANALYSIS REPORT Pro-Mix BX MYCORRHIZAE

DESIRED DESIRED LAB Soil Index
UNIT RATIO LEVEL RESULTS

HUMUS 30-40 3
NITRATES lbs. / Acre 40 100
AMMONIA lbs. / Acre 40 16
PHOSPHORUS lbs. / Acre 1P:1K174 430 1.51 : 1 P to K Ratio
POTASSIUM lbs. / Acre 167 284
CALCIUM lbs. / Acre 7 Ca : 1 Mg3000 1630 10.58 : 1 Ca to Mg Ratio
MAGNESIUM lbs. / Acre 429 154
SODIUM PPM <35 32 High
ERGS mS / Centimeter 200 668
ORP 28 28
pH 6.5 5.9
COPPER PPM 0.8-2.5 1.0 Medium
IRON PPM 10-25 6.4 Low
ZINC PPM 1-6 7.7 Very High
MANGANESE PPM 8-30 8.2 Medium
BORON PPM 0.8-1.2 1.4 High
SULFUR PPM 30 Not Tested
ORGANIC MATTER % 4% Not Tested
FORMAZAN PPM 600 Not Tested

Mix & Broadcast Per 1,000 Sq. Ft.:
50 lbs. Carbonized Limestone
20 lbs. Geo-Cal
20 lbs. TMB
3 lbs. Ammonium Sulfate
2 lbs. Kelp Meal
½ lb. Eden
1 lb. Iron Sulfate
1 lb. Manganese Sulfate
¼ lb. Copper Sulfate
¼ lb. 20 Mule Team Borax

Add to Transplant Hole:
1 tbsp. Jubilate
1 pint Transplant Water
Made as Follows

Transplant Water:
1 oz. OND
1 gallon Water

Nutrient Drench Monthly Per 1,000 Sq. Ft.:
1 qt. Perk Up
2 oz. Z-Hume
30 gallons Water

Foliar Spray Weekly Per 1,000 Sq. Ft. Beginning 1 Month After Transplant / Emergence:
4 oz. BrixBlaster or 4 oz. Qualify
1 gallon Water
Note: Spray Lightly. Qualify for leafy greens, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower. BrixBlaster is for everything else.

Foliar Spray 2x Monthly Per 1,000 Sq. Ft. or as Needed for Plant Stress:
2 oz. Enthuse
1 gallon Water

Foliar Spray 2x Monthly Per 1,000 Sq. Ft. or as Needed for Insect Pressure:
2 oz. ShowTime
2 gallons Water
Note: Spray thoroughly. Shake ShowTime vigorously before pouring from jug.

Doc Bud,
From Ole Smoker's soil results..
"Note: Spray Lightly. Qualify for leafy greens, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower. BrixBlaster is for everything else."

I know for all else theres Master Card :) and the lab says to use brixblaster for everything else.. What would you use here, Qualify or Brixblaster on our favorite plant? Thank you in advance

Doc, Good morning! I'm not sure if you got my request for some more "energy" and "transplant"? I posted a couple of pages ago on "Q and "A but got off there...too many people arguing and bickering over stupid stuff! I know your real busy Doc.When you get a minute,can you get back to me? Thanks.I also wondered about a Canadian dist. for the "kit" .Did you see that post? Oh...and i converted "Bulldog" over to your kit..He's a friend of mine here in Canada,and we work together.I believe he ordered a kit from you.Got one more person on "it" Doc!:):) Thanks ,and cheers eh!

Hi Doc,

Finally, the soil is well cooked and I've transplanted successfully!

Looking ahead to the feeding schedule, I am a little confused though. I'm trying to break down the recipe on a per plant basis since I'm running 2 test plants, but am puzzled on the dosage. I've labelled my questions "A-E" for clarity.

First, the feeding schedule of products for Step 3 is not clear to me.

Instructions say "...we are going to alternate one of two products:

Transplant and Energy.**

1. One half ounce (.5oz) of "Energy" (or Transplant) in one gallon of water.
2. 2ml of "Tea." Add this to a small amount of water, like an 8oz cup and let it sit for a few minutes before pouring it into the gallon of "Energy.""

A) By this do you mean the 2 products to alternate between are the "half oz of Energy or Transplant" on one feeding and the "2ml of Tea" on the other?

Or...B)is the 0.5oz Energy+2ml Tea one feeding...and the Transplant+2ml Tea is the other? If this is true, is the Transplant dose 0.5 oz/gal as stated earlier in Step 3 or the 1oz per gallon stated later?

This "Tip" has me further confused: "TIP: Just put an half ounce of either Energy or Transplant in a 5 gallon bucket, add the TEA, and give each plant 3/4 of a gallon and you've just fed 6 plants. For a full 4x8 tray, add a full ounce."

C) That looks like a half oz of Energy or Transplant is diluted with 5 gallons of water, not one gallon as above. Which dilution is correct?

D) Am I thinking correctly that for a single plant I am looking at 1/12 oz of Energy or 1/12 oz of Transplant plus 1/3 ml of Tea as the dosage?

E) When you say 1oz covers 30 square feet...It seems you are estimating each plant as 5 square feet? (5 x 6 plants = 30)

Thanks in advance.

CC

Hi Doc,

Finally, the soil is well cooked and I've transplanted successfully!

Looking ahead to the feeding schedule, I am a little confused though. I'm trying to break down the recipe on a per plant basis since I'm running 2 test plants, but am puzzled on the dosage. I've labelled my questions "A-E" for clarity.

First, the feeding schedule of products for Step 3 is not clear to me.

Instructions say "...we are going to alternate one of two products:

Transplant and Energy.**

1. One half ounce (.5oz) of “Energy” (or Transplant) in one gallon of water.
2. 2ml of “Tea.” Add this to a small amount of water, like an 8oz cup and let it sit for a few minutes before pouring it into the gallon of “Energy.”"

A) By this do you mean the 2 products to alternate between are the "half oz of Energy or Transplant" on one feeding and the "2ml of Tea" on the other?

Or...B)is the 0.5oz Energy+2ml Tea one feeding...and the Transplant+2ml Tea is the other? If this is true, is the Transplant dose 0.5 oz/gal as stated earlier in Step 3 or the 1oz per gallon stated later?

This "Tip" has me further confused: "TIP: Just put an half ounce of either Energy or Transplant in a 5 gallon bucket, add the TEA, and give each plant 3/4 of a gallon and you've just fed 6 plants. For a full 4x8 tray, add a full ounce."

C) That looks like a half oz of Energy or Transplant is diluted with 5 gallons of water, not one gallon as above. Which dilution is correct?

D) Am I thinking correctly that for a single plant I am looking at 1/12 oz of Energy or 1/12 oz of Transplant plus 1/3 ml of Tea as the dosage?

E) When you say 1oz covers 30 square feet...It seems you are estimating each plant as 5 square feet? (5 x 6 plants = 30)

Thanks in advance.

CC

If you're feeding 6 plants, you're going to want to use either a half ounce of Energy or a half ounce of Transplant. Alternate between the two products. These feed the soil organic nutrients and ions.

Tea is a microbial product. Use that with each feeding per instructions.

Forget about dilutions and such. Just evenly distribute the Energy or Transplant to all the plants.

If you're feeding just one plant, try using 5 to 8 mils.

Not answering for Doc, but for reference ...

I have 6 gallon pots which require about a gallon per watering. I give each 2.5ml Energy or Transplant and 0.3ml Tea. It's Energy/Tea one watering, Transplant/Tea the next. So for 6 plants, I'll do 15ml (0.5oz) in a 5 gallon bucket with 2ml Tea.

I believe Doc is advising higher dosages now ... ?

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom