Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED Grow

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

Prepare for stretch, they look healthy as can be so I woudl expect a good stretch.

Light Addict, what you mean by 'opening all the tops'?

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

L. A .....you just have mad skills brother!! I am keeping a journal on all the tips you great growers in here give & when I can finally grow I am gonna put those tips & tricks to fine use! I am already sold on the LED thing though.....have been for quite some time. I just wanna say thanks for passin on the knowledge!!! I have a huge amount of respect for the MIND WORK that goes into these grows.....verrryyyyy impresssiivveee!!! :goodjob::volcano-smiley:

Prepare for stretch, they look healthy as can be so I woudl expect a good stretch.

Light Addict, what you mean by 'opening all the tops'?

I remember the first time he mentioned opening up the tops to me, I remember thinking "what is this plant expert banging on about now"! Started doing it straight away and straight away I noticed a difference!

He he! :) you should definitely check my quick guides out below! :)
The tops bit is simple, you open up the very tip foliage. This forces it to mature prematurely and switches the plant to creating the next node really quickly. This gives tighter nodes which gives better colas! :)

You just need to look at your massive colas from previous grows to see the effects!

L. A .....you just have mad skills brother!! I am keeping a journal on all the tips you great growers in here give & when I can finally grow I am gonna put those tips & tricks to fine use! I am already sold on the LED thing though.....have been for quite some time. I just wanna say thanks for passin on the knowledge!!! I have a huge amount of respect for the MIND WORK that goes into these grows.....verrryyyyy impresssiivveee!!! :goodjob::volcano-smiley:

Its crazy ain't it, some of the things L.A has taught me I never would have thought of in a million years. Opening up the tips, great science and great idea! And dont get me started on fluxing.....Fluxing is just straight up crazy!
Never...ever....ever...ever would I have been able to create the flux,, even if I thought about it I wouldn't actually have had the balls to attempt it!

Thanks for all your hard work LA

Hey hidden......its lookin good bro!!! Cant wait to see how this ends up!!! :volcano-smiley:

ok its that time again guys....UPDATE TIME!!!

ok so i have been having a bit of a lock out problem of late, i seem to have a cal/mag/zinc def and i use products for all of these so it must be a lock out issue, i have added more cal mag and ph adjusted to 5.7...im hoping this will fix the problem, my ph keeps spiking up which is hasnt been doing until recently and im guessing this is because i added some liquid si....i had this problem last time which is why i stopped using it but i noticed the difference in my plants structure so i started adding it again...think im gonna stop now as i seem to be having a real issue feeding my girls and keeping the rez at a nice ph level with the addition of liquid si.

ok picture time!!!

overview

overview26.JPG
topshot7.JPG

BLZ

blz15.JPG

HGK00 (notice the damage, think its a combo of a couple of defs)

hgk008.JPG
hgk00burn.JPG
hgk00burnn.JPG

HGK

hgk30.JPG

ok so thats my update, i love how many tops i can see!!!! soon as i sort out this problem with the colour i will be all good!!!

Definitely looks a bit like a Cal/Mag deficiency, which from what I've read is relatively common with LED grows.. For mine, I just throw a few extra ml in the res, and I'm usually good, but I'm also only using a 400w, not a beast lol I'm growing an Auto and I add ~20-25ml per 6gal of water, but I think they recommend a bit more for photos since they're not as nute-sensitive..

Another deficiency that causes a similar looking damage to the leaves is manganese deficiency, which I think is usually a pH related..

Regardless, the plants still look amazing!!!!

Listen to LA and you wont go wrong :) They're looking great buddy & as GodAm says it's a Cal Mag def, I add 1.25ml/L & never have any issues :)

As soon as your happy with vert get hitting defol hard, as you want light pen right down deep! :)

I'm not happy with vert yet as I think I can get my girls closer to the light, they not actually very big, just look big because of rez and big old airport!
Will put a bigger reply on flux central so others can share the knowledge.

Definitely looks a bit like a Cal/Mag deficiency, which from what I've read is relatively common with LED grows.. For mine, I just throw a few extra ml in the res, and I'm usually good, but I'm also only using a 400w, not a beast lol I'm growing an Auto and I add ~20-25ml per 6gal of water, but I think they recommend a bit more for photos since they're not as nute-sensitive..

Another deficiency that causes a similar looking damage to the leaves is manganese deficiency, which I think is usually a pH related..

Regardless, the plants still look amazing!!!!

I can't believe I forgot this! I learned this piece of info after my last grow and...well I guess I smoke too much haha. Thank man,I added more calmag so I'm hoping that will sort it. If still having pH problems will do a rinse of my medium.

Listen to LA and you wont go wrong :) They're looking great buddy & as GodAm says it's a Cal Mag def, I add 1.25ml/L & never have any issues :)

Cheers buddy, added some now and hoping that will sort it!

:circle-of-love:

Looking great HiddenKoncept, I was on your side of the pond 1980-1983 (Germany), there was always some good bud & hash at the local train station.

Looking great HiddenKoncept, I was on your side of the pond 1980-1983 (Germany), there was always some good bud & hash at the local train station.

I can get some really high quality stuff in the UK. Just as good as in Amsterdam these day.

More nutes have been added and I'm hoping that will sort it.

Buddy if your on the new range of nutes, you don't want to be adding anything extra! As far as Im aware it has all your plants need. If your having any issues with it just holla at me and I can PM you details as I can put you in direct contact with the owner/developer. :) :)

Gonna pm you now my friend!

Edit:

Update on my girls!
They have finally started growing upwards, I may have missed two weeks of stretch but I didn't want a full 3 weeks anyway so I'm not unhappy.
I'm pretty sure the nutes are being locked out because of the pH within my rockwool cubes.
Gonna flush with pH correct water and hopefully this will correct issues

Glad to have you along brother!

Will post some pictures up after lights on.

I'm pretty sure the nutes are being locked out because of the pH within my rockwool cubes.
Gonna flush with pH correct water and hopefully this will correct issues

Per the Capn: I had a similar issue and he implored me to flush with straight water (pH'ed of course), to help stabilize my rockwool's pH.. It took 2 or so days to do so, and each time, I probably put 3+ gallons of water through it, and it was in a 1gal pot (croutons, included).. It doesn't take much to get it back right, so I think you'll be good!!

How does the rest of the plant look/feel?

Per the Capn: I had a similar issue and he implored me to flush with straight water (pH'ed of course), to help stabilize my rockwool's pH.. It took 2 or so days to do so, and each time, I probably put 3+ gallons of water through it, and it was in a 1gal pot (croutons, included).. It doesn't take much to get it back right, so I think you'll be good!!

How does the rest of the plant look/feel?

they look and feel great, i must say that they had more of a sticky feel to them during my dwc run, although i didnt have lockout problems so this could be a factor lol.

ok update time!

so the girls are growing healthy once again and i must say im very pleased that i have sorted out all the problems.
my run off ph was way to high and i had totally overlooked how important it was, another thing i never had to worry about with dwc...but this is life and you live and learn hehe

so yeah lockout problems solved, and my ph and ec are now stable and i have just started week 3 of flower!

picture time!

side view:

as you can see, they are not the strongest stems in the world, but i think they will be able to hold some decent sized buds!
i did let the side branches get out of control, i wasnt paying enough attention and they kinda just grew out of nowhere. i will trim any weak ones off between day 21-25 of flower when im happy with the height of my girls.

DSC022405.JPG

top shot (i do love love a flux!)
DSC022427.JPG

thanks LA!
DSC022419.JPG

and thats me so far!

happy sunday guys

Back
Top Bottom