NOCO - Coco Loco - Tahoe OG - ScrOG - 2014 Grow Journal

If you want them to be hedges check out my grape ape journal and you can see how I train them to be short and bushy as shit. By this time you just have to let them go. I don't veg into the screen because I lose to much time.I prefer to train them then put them in place under the screen and only usually have to veg them in for a week or so. Once screen in about 3/4 full or so I flip lights to 12/12. I just started a White Rhino journal and those are barely out of clones stage and just began there training if you want to see how I top, LST and Fim them to hedge form.

When in doubt split the diff. 6.2 works for both. I use AIS and try to keep mine around 6.5-6.0 i need to stay at 6.2 since i have soil and hydro. PH up/down is in my future right now at 6.5 i think i am slowing there uptake a bit. So brother 6.2 is the right answer and they will love you.

So I watered 2 gallons of distilled water each to #1 & #2 Tahoe OG today. Since I am growing in CocoLoco should my medium ph be at 5.8 or 6.5?

Also i noticed this leaf today,
20140603_002256_1_.jpg

Anyone know what could be causing this? Could it be nutrient burn?

ive always ran hydro in the 5.2-6.2 range. however ive always thought coco coir was closer to 5.7-6.3 range.. never grown in coco though. also not sure if youre running a coco coir or coco coil mix

here is something i found on the ingredints to the CocoLoco im using, looks like its a coir:

FoxFarm BushDoctor Coco Loco Potting Mix is a water retaining soil consisting of composted forest humus, coco coir, perlite, earthworm castings, fossilized bat guano, Norwegian kelp meal, oyster shell and dolomite lime (for pH adjustment), as well as beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae. The coir used in this soil is triple washed to ensure a quality product with low salt content.

Not sure but I thought that coco is not considered soil and your PH should be the same as a hydro setup.
This is exactly why I am asking, so many different answers. I have read so much on it that there is no clear answer. I have read anywhere from 5.7-6.4?? I thinks its not a hydro or a soil, but more of a soil-less medium?? It also says it has dolomite lime for ph adjustment, am I correct in thinking that i should still worry about my ph?

I think anywhere in that range is good. Check your run off to see if its pH is higher or lower that what you water it. Nutrients absorb at different pH so to travel anywhere in that range will be fine. Just make sure if you start low and it drops lower. Start higher. And let the natural lime and other things adjust the pH naturally

I think anywhere in that range is good. Check your run off to see if its pH is higher or lower that what you water it. Nutrients absorb at different pH so to travel anywhere in that range will be fine. Just make sure if you start low and it drops lower. Start higher. And let the natural lime and other things adjust the pH naturally

Should I check ph when i water and feed?

here is something i found on the ingredints to the CocoLoco im using, looks like its a coir:

FoxFarm BushDoctor Coco Loco Potting Mix is a water retaining soil consisting of composted forest humus, coco coir, perlite, earthworm castings, fossilized bat guano, Norwegian kelp meal, oyster shell and dolomite lime (for pH adjustment), as well as beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae. The coir used in this soil is triple washed to ensure a quality product with low salt content.

This is exactly why I am asking, so many different answers. I have read so much on it that there is no clear answer. I have read anywhere from 5.7-6.4?? I thinks its not a hydro or a soil, but more of a soil-less medium?? It also says it has dolomite lime for ph adjustment, am I correct in thinking that i should still worry about my ph?

with dolomite lime it does the ph itself. you dont have to adjust it I dont use DL cause i dont want a ph to auto correct to 6.5 which i think DL does. I am sure you are good to go bro.

5.8 - 6.2 . IF ITS A COCO BASED MEDIUM.

6.3 -6.7 if your in a peat based medium.

Try plain coco next time. I like it much better than the soiless mixes.

perfect answer. and if you dont grow hydro/AIS then pure coco in a hemp pot or breathable bag pot is perfect. I see so many sweet grows from them. there is also clay pellets. The biggest thing is allowing air to be able to get into the roots and that is why they use coco/clay/perlite.

with dolomite lime it does the ph itself. you dont have to adjust it I dont use DL cause i dont want a ph to auto correct to 6.5 which i think DL does. I am sure you are good to go bro.
See that is what I thought, but when I fed I checked my PH and ended up with something like 6.2, and then the second time with something like 5.8??

perfect answer. and if you dont grow hydro/AIS then pure coco in a hemp pot or breathable bag pot is perfect. I see so many sweet grows from them. there is also clay pellets. The biggest thing is allowing air to be able to get into the roots and that is why they use coco/clay/perlite.
I am using CocoLoco in Smart pots, seems to be doing great.

I'm thinking i need to add clay pellets on top of Coco then build some type of automatic watering feeding system, any ideas?

Day 42 of 12/12 light cycle.
So here is what i been up to since my last update, I have been following a feed, water, feed water schedule every 3 days. I use tap water that has sat around for a few days, when i water. I use filtered water when i feed. Plants seem to be responding good to both. I am still noticing fan leafs from the under-grow turn yellow, again everything seems to indicate everything is running smooth.

I also tried Light Addicts Back Building technique, which as i understand is supposed to give you denser buds. So i am posting a few pics some are from when i topped the buds and then some are from earlier today, 6 days from topping.
Day 1
20140603_223018_1_.jpg

Day 6
20140609_165855.jpg

Day 1
20140529_200151_1_.jpg

Day 6
20140609_165533_1_.jpg
20140609_165623_1_.jpg

I'm starting to see a difference, but what do you think Light Addict, you have a better eye for this technique?

Back
Top Bottom