Stinky Snid's First Journal - Crop King NL's Automatic - Promix Bx+ - CFL & LED

So many awesome congratulations, Snid! Woo hoo! Harvest has started! Reps, my dear ...

I'm just going to leave this here -- this is not my work (of course, because I'm a newbie) but I followed this and my bud has cured really, really well from my first harvest.

This method is particularly effective for folks who are starting out, those looking to maximize quality in a shorter period of time, and folks who's like to produce a connoisseur-quality product each and every time with no guesswork involved.

It's a very simple and effective process:

Cut the product, trim it per your preference, but don't dry it until the stems snap. Take it down while the stems still have some flex, but the product feel dry on the outside. This is a perfect opportunity to drop the dry-feeling flowers onto a screen and collect prime-quality kief that would otherwise get lost in the jar.

Jar the product, along with a Caliber III hygrometer. One can be had on Ebay for ~$20. Having tested a number of hygrometers - digital and analog - this model in particular produced consistent, accurate results. Then, watch the readings:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet. If you measure a RH below 55% don't panic. Read below:

Obviously, the product need time to sweat in the jar. As such, accurate readings won't be seen for ~24 hours, assuming the flowers are in the optimal cure zone. If you're curing the product for long-term storage, give the flowers 4-5 days for an accurate reading. If the product is sill very wet, a +70% RH reading will show within hours. If you see the RH rising ~1% per hour, keep a close eye on the product, as it's likely too moist.

So many awesome congratulations, Snid! Woo hoo! Harvest has started! Reps, my dear ...

I'm just going to leave this here -- this is not my work (of course, because I'm a newbie) but I followed this and my bud has cured really, really well from my first harvest.

Thanks so much Glimmer, you have been very supportive. I really enjoy this community of great people that selflessly help others. The curing schedule is much appreciated I'll surely make use of this.

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

20160211_160400.jpg
kalua day 10
20160211_160411.jpg
Alani day 4
Just gave them their first real watering, about 1/2 cup each of PhD 6.2 water. With a drop or two of voodoo and b52. (0.2ml per litre). The pineapple express is big for its itty bitty stem, I mounded some soil up against her to steady it in the wind

THAT's where we got this from. I saved it myself but lost the source. Thanks Glimmer! :high-five:

Original post from mad indica in the same thread as glimmers
The best way to dry buds is too trim them first, hang them to dry, or put them on a screen if they're not big enough to hang dry. When drying, they should be in a completely dark room at about 68 degrees and humidity at 50% with plenty of air circulation. They should all be completely dried and ready to cure anywhere from 4 to 7 days.
The best and quickest way to cure the buds is to put them in airtight glass jars in a dark room at about 80 degrees. Let the buds sweat for a few hours then open the tops to the jars and let the moisture come out for a few minutes then close them up again. Repeat this every day for three days. Then lower the temperature of the room to 70 degrees and only open the jars a few minutes twice a day for another week or two till you reach the point of perfectly cured buds with an excellent, smooth tasty hit when smoking out of a pipe. To test for perfectly cured buds a pipe should be used because water in a bong can mask a harsh hitting bud.

I'm going to add this to glimmer' s curing post. I will be following the latter half of it but since I'm not hanging a whole plant I'll go with this post for the drying aspect

Congrats on the successful harvest! looks good man :bravo:

Thanks guys your reassurance is very comforting. I've clipped a few more buds off Priscilla and they are hanging... I'm keeping a constant eye on humidity levels I think I've got it stabilized at 55 or so. It's been like that for the past 5 hours☺.
20160213_135011.jpg

The rest of her buds still have white pistils emerging, I'll be on amber alert for the next week I'm guessing.

I'd like some advice on this sad case of necrosis on my beauty ellabella. My best guess is leaf miners, it's the only pics that look anything close to this symptom in the pictorial for disease and pests. Please help
20160213_134928.jpg
20160213_174209.jpg
20160213_174223.jpg

I see nothing under 60x and 100x magnification. I've started nuted according to Atrain's Schedule she's had two feeding of day 10-15. What can cause this damage, I also seen a lone ant in my pot, leaf miners leave a secretion that attracts ants. It's the middle of winter where did an ant come from.

Please, please, please. Help me turn this Stella ellabella around she so perfect.

Ps. I sprayed her with an food friendly bug killer, potassium soaps I think.. Anyways she's been cleaned, rinsed and dried today, a sponge bath for my baby

Edit: they just turn black, no Yellowing or brown just green one second and black the next. I'm at a loss of words to explain

Have you ruled out thripe? I did some looking around and that was the closest thing I saw. Don't think it is miners the damage looked different than you pic. Keep in mind these are all just guesses. I'll look a little more and let you know if I find anything.

I can't find anything anywhere on the Web that looks like this. This is crazy! Maybe it's another cropking genetic anomaly like Winnie her mutant twin. It's not thripe or mites or leaf miners I've ruled them out. It looks like a fungus but idk, it's not comparable to any pics I've been scanning for the past 3 hours. I've looked at 1000's of pics of black tips and nothing is remotely close to what this looks like. I am going to pray for her tonight and hope for better days for my "stella" ellabella
20160213_174223.jpg

20160214_095731.jpg
20160214_095742.jpg

Couple questions...
1)is that too much in one jar, should there be more air space?
2)once it's hung is that considered DRY?

If so then my first 1/3 of Priscilla's harvest is at 16.6g still lots of her on the stalk ripening up now. This trim and buds smell fantastic and the stickiness is outrageous. The buds are a tad loose but very very yummy looking.

Back
Top Bottom