Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL - LED

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

It warms my heart to see you around duggan. I assume you create that same warm energy in person. Wouldn't it be nice to have a future free enough to be able to meet as a group? Imagine a :420: meet and greet. Mmmmmm Pot luck and home grown. DrZiggy would rock! :laughtwo::green_heart:

OH, hey there to you. This place is moving faster than me Sue...:rofl:,miss a few hours and need a few to catch up.How do you do it girl? I've got the boys ,so it's out to the backyard to shoot some hoops with the little one (8)

Oh and ya btw....ive mentioned it and thought of it lots....gettin the gang together for a weekend or something. What a hoot it would be. I envy our members who can see each other for visits , hemp fests, etc.Being up here in Canada sometimes makes things like that difficult ,to say the least.....gotta book....he wants to go out....:circle-of-love:

Re: Sweetsue's Tiny Closet - Second Grow - Sweet Dark Devil & Bomb Berry Bomb - CFL -

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TheBoogyman

"Once again, thanks so much for the help. I had asked a question about worm composting but hadn't seen an answer. Just wondering what is everyone's opinion on using non-organic vegetable scraps compared to non-GMO scraps? Is there a noticeable difference and would any trace amounts of the bad stuff pass thru into the castings? Apologize if this is off-topic. I'm just trying to get everything down right before I start my highbrix or LOS. Still trying to decide where I want to go regarding that!"

I just wanted to explain something about GMO. As far as my research on the subject. All GMO plants to date are based on BT CRY proteins. The engineered plant is called that because they genetically introduce a gene from BT into a random part of the DNA chain of the plant being engineered. This would never happen in natural evolution. No long term tests were ever done on the effects on humans or environment. However nature has already provided a HUGE hint as to what may occur in the future. Some of these BT GMO crops are already being overcome by the pests they were engineered to combat. Specifically these pests have morphed to be able to accept the CRY proteins and eat them without harming themselves. This means that a genetic mutation to a living organism has occurred in nature due to a unnatural introduction of a protein into a plant. The consensus is that since no tests were done and since the gene was spliced into a random sequence of the DNA chain it is impossible to know how it will affect the entire DNA chain either below or above the spliced point.

Personally I will not eat GMO anything. BT is natural and by itself not harmful to us but splicing its genes into food we eat is not and there is already a known mutation in our ecosystem because of it. The effects of that up and downward of the ecosystem are completely unknown. We are part of the ecosystem even though we might be at the top of the food chain. My opinion is we have created the monster that will eventually kill us - we just don't know where the monster is yet.
:peace:

There are few things more harrowing than watching a loved one's blood sugar plummet.

Thank you guys. That never gets easy to watch. He's doing much better. Moved to a new, more spacious room. Ate the first full meal in days. He's playing with the height controls on his bed as I type. :laughtwo:

This is the first time in over a week he looks normal and the first laughter from him in longer than that.

Miraculously rebounding once again. That's my magic man. :love:

Hey Sue,

Had a scare with my Mom today. Nothing like driving over to check on the parents, passing an ambulance, and knowing its carrying your parent. Turn the corner and Fire truck still has its lights on out front of the family homestead of the last 35 years.

She had a bad night, heart pains they called me before 911 but by the time I got the messages and drove over.... Good news, my sister is with her now, and no sign of heart damage. They have her taking a stress test at 91.

Life is about realizing we cant control tomorrow, but we can focus on the NOW. Tell Dale hi from Aki

Aki the Greatful :Namaste:

Some of these BT GMO crops are already being overcome by the pests they were engineered to combat. Specifically these pests have morphed to be able to accept the CRY proteins and eat them without harming themselves.

It's chilling to realize this. It's oil-based plastics all over again. Just because you can do a thing doesn't mean you should.

Hey Sue,

Had a scare with my Mom today. Nothing like driving over to check on the parents, passing an ambulance, and knowing its carrying your parent. Turn the corner and Fire truck still has its lights on out front of the family homestead of the last 35 years.

She had a bad night, heart pains they called me before 911 but by the time I got the messages and drove over.... Good news, my sister is with her now, and no sign of heart damage. They have her taking a stress test at 91.

Life is about realizing we cant control tomorrow, but we can focus on the NOW. Tell Dale hi from Aki
I
Aki the Greatful :Namaste:

Good news all around Aki. This cycle of life gets to be a challenge sometimes.

Thank you guys. That never gets easy to watch. He's doing much better. Moved to a new, more spacious room. Ate the first full meal in days. He's playing with the height controls on his bed as I type. :laughtwo:

This is the first time in over a week he looks normal and the first laughter from him in longer than that.

Good news to hear Sue. All I hear in my head now is the guitar solo from that song :) eat a brownie and relax ;)

Wonderful news! Im so happy to read this. :woohoo:

Once again, thanks so much for the help. I had asked a question about worm composting but hadn't seen an answer. Just wondering what is everyone's opinion on using non-organic vegetable scraps compared to non-GMO scraps? Is there a noticeable difference and would any trace amounts of the bad stuff pass thru into the castings? Apologize if this is off-topic. I'm just trying to get everything down right before I start my highbrix or LOS. Still trying to decide where I want to go regarding that!

Btw you guys are the best and I appreciate the indepth answers I get from all of you!

I didn't answer this question because the thoughts I had sound rude. Since you asked twice, I will answer a question with two questions.

Why would you worry more about feeding GMOs to worms than to yourself and your family?

Why would you feed your worms something you feel is unhealthy?

_ _

My thoughts are based more on principle than science.

If you think GMOs are bad, (and I do,) then don't use them and spread them around.

Worms might out might not be remediation tools, but that really isn't your issue to solve when you are running a personal worm bin.

re: GMO's
I hate the idea of them and try to avoid them but it seems like a losing battle to me, they're everywhere. For example, we bought a new broom. The label I noticed says "corn broom" I realized it's damn near 100% likely that it's GMO corn. Without the laws for labeling being implemented, it's really hard to know what has GMO's in it, and it goes beyond food. Beverages, household products, GMO's have infiltrated our world pretty darn hard. Sad.

Re: GMO's in foodstock for worm bins
It's widely recognized that compost makes superior worm food. Make your own compost without using any purchased veggie scraps and rest easy knowing there are no GMO's in your worm bin AND you are helping the worms create superior castings, quicker.

This kind of stuff gets my blood flowing faster. There's so much we have yet to learn about our connection to the universe at large. If you think about it, from our very centers we are a series of fibrous connections, most eloquently demonstrated in the fascia, that all-inclusive webbing that fills all the space below your skin that is not filled with organs or bones (their own form of netting) or passageways.

Living soil is the same way. The majority of the soil structure is made up of the netting formed by the fungus hyphae. So the soil, below the surface, is also a webbing.

We now know that space is also filled with a webbing. It's not a far leap to consider that the atmosphere around us is filled with the same type of webbing that we don't even see. That would explain this.

THE INTENTION EXPERIMENT

The Germination Intention Experiments

Since June 2007, The Intention Experiment has been carrying out a series of 'Germination Intention Experiments' with noted psychologist Dr. Gary Schwartz and his laboratory team at the University of Arizona to test whether intention can affect the growth of plants. We were inspired by the work of Canadian psychologist Bernard Grad, who had carried out several studies showing that seeds irrigated with water held by a healer had a faster germination rate and growth than controls (International Journal of Parapsychology, 1964; 6: 473-98).

British researcher Serena Roney-Dougal and parapsychologist Jerry Solfvin had also tested whether healing intention sent by a healer to seeds could be used to affect the health and growth of lettuce plants on a commercial organic farm. In their first study, the seeds given intention didn't sprout any faster or grow larger, but they were healthier and had less fungal disease and slug damage than the controls (Journal of the Society for Psychical Research, 2002; 66: 129-43). In a replication study, however, they'd showed enhanced growth, as well as health (Journal of Parapsychology, 2003:67: 279-98) We selected barley seeds — the food of choice of most livestock, and
a healthy grain for humans. Dr. Schwartz and Mark Boccozzi, Dr. Schwartz's lab technician, planned to prepare four sets of barley seeds – one set of seeds, and three controls – to eliminate chance findings.

Six experiments thus far

Thus far, we have run six Germination Intention Experiments — one via the Internet, with participants from countries all over the world, and five others in front of Lynne McTaggart's audiences, of various sizes and locations around the world. These included participants over the Internet, plus audiences in Sydney, Australia (600 participants), Palm Springs, California (130), Rheinbeck, New York (100), Hilton Head, North Carolina (500) and Austin, Texas (120). In each of these experiments, we asked the audience to choose one of four sets of seeds (30 seeds per set) and then sent an intention for the seeds to grow "at least 3 cm by the fourth day of growing".

Once we were finished, Dr. Schwartz's lab technician Mark Boccozzi (who was kept blind to the set selected) planted the 120 seeds under standardized conditions. At the end of five days, the seeds were harvested and their lengths measured in millimeters.

Let's call this kind of procedure the 'Intention' Studies.

As a second control condition, with each Intention Experiment, Mark ran a separate Control Experiment. On these occasions, he selected and prepared another 120 seeds into four sets, assigned one set to be the 'intention' set (even though no distant intention was to be sent), and, as with the other experiments, planted the seeds, then
harvested and measured them after five days.

So this experiment was to act as a second-tier control — a control of the control. So we'll call these the 'non-intention' Control Studies. In total, the number of seeds tested was 1440.

Complex analyses

Dr. Schwartz then conducted a variety of complex analyses of the growth of all six Intention Experiments and the six Control Experiments. He compared overall growth of targeted seeds with that of all the not-targeted seeds, the seed growth of all seeds in the Intention Experiments versus those in all the Control Experiments, and all seeds sent intention in the Intention Experiments plus those assigned 'intention seeds' in the Control Experiments) versus all seeds that were not targeted in all 12 experiments.

A number of fascinating results emerged. Firstly, the experiment showed that the intention had a robust effect.

As an overall average, the seeds sent intention grew 56 mm, compared with 48 mm for the non-targeted seeds. This means that seeds sent intention, on average, were 8 mm (about a third of an inch) higher than the controls. In contrast, the seeds run in the control Intention Experiments only varied by 2 mm. This effect was statistically significant (p<0.007). This means that there is a 0.7 per cent possibility that we arrived at this result by simple chance. Anything less than a p value of 0.05 is generally considered statistically significant.

Dr. Schwartz also found a highly significant effect when comparing the targeted seeds on the Intention Experiment days with those targeted on the Control Experiments. Those targeted during real Intention Experiments grew significantly higher than those targeted in the Control Experiments (p<0.003).

However, there was no different between target seeds and nontargeted seeds during the Control Experiments. Those seeds labeled 'intention seeds' in the Control Experiments grew about the same size – in fact, 2 mm shorter than the non-targeted seeds, a nonsignificant difference.

Intention 'grouping'

However, our biggest effect of all occurred when comparing the results of all plant growth in the actual Intention Experiments against all plant growth in the Control Experiments. We discovered that on the days we sent intention, all the plants grew higher than all the plants in the Control Experiments, with the plants sent intention the highest of all. This effect was highly significant (p<0.0000001), with a 0.00001 per cent possibility that we arrived at this result by simple chance.

Scattergun effect

This kind of 'scattergun' effect occurred in an experiment by Dutch psychologist Eduard Van Wijk, who works with German physicist Fritz-Albert Popp of the International Institute for Biophysics. Van Wijk placed a jar of a simple algae, near a healer and his patient, then measured the photon emissions of the algae during healing sessions and periods of rest.

After analyzing the data, he discovered remarkable alterations in the photon count of the algae. The quality of emissions significantly changed during the healing sessions, as though the algae were being bombarded with light. There also seemed to be changes in the rhythm of the emissions, as though the algae had become attuned to a stronger source of light.

Information from the environment

Our experiments also suggest that living things register information from the entire environment, and not simply between two communicating entities. This series of studies suggests that distance from which intention is sent doesn't have any bearing on the results. A group of people scattered around the globe produced the same effect as a group of 600 located thousands of miles away from the target.

According to this data, the size of the group didn't have any bearing, either; even a tiny group of 100 in a room in upstate New York had been able to profoundly affect a batch of seeds more than a thousand miles away.

Power and experience

The only important factor appears to be experience. The audience in Hilton Head, South Carolina, which included 500 long-time practitioners of Healing Touch, produced the most profound effect. These were people who were practiced in the use of intention. This suggests that intention, practice and experience count.

The results of these six experiments were presented at the Societyfor Scientific Exploration's annual meeting in June 2008.

My take from this from a gardener's perspective? I'm doing the right thing by showering my plants with loving energy and intentions of health and vigor. Apparently the loving part was important. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Wow Uh that is like...wow. :cough:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TheBoogyman

". . . Just wondering what is everyone's opinion on using non-organic vegetable scraps compared to non-GMO scraps? Is there a noticeable difference and would any trace amounts of the bad stuff pass thru into the castings? . . . .

I don't think there's going to be a problem arising from the wastes being from gmo with your worms or the food/meds that you grow using the castings. There may be some unusual chemicals in the produce that causes some long term health problems for the worms, but I think that's unlikely.

Face it, at core you're talking about feeding your worms food you wouldn't eat yourself. Do you eat slimy lettuce? Worms find them yummy, but prefer them in a smoothie (hold the ice). The GMO DNA in the food is broken down by digestive enzymes like any other food.

As long as the organism is dead:

1) the modified genes;
2) the modified proteins that were expressed from those genes; and even
3) the modified chemical environment that could arise as a result of the GMO gene expression (say, if the genetically modified DNA coded for an enzyme );

are all essentially food.

I don't mean to trivialize the issues surrounding GMO food. I wish it wasn't on the market. Where I live the supermarkets are packed with GMO foods to the point that only people who have or earn a lot of money can afford to keep them out of the diet.

But your question was about feeding gmo tainted vegetables to your worms and I say go for it! You are taking the product of too many big-brained greedy monkey ideas and not an ounce of wisdom and turning it into something both beautiful and useful - worm poop.:thumb:

I don't think there's going to be a problem arising from the wastes being from gmo with your worms or the food/meds that you grow using the castings. There may be some unusual chemicals in the produce that causes some long term health problems for the worms, but I think that's unlikely.

Face it, at core you're talking about feeding your worms food you wouldn't eat yourself. Do you eat slimy lettuce? Worms find them yummy, but prefer them in a smoothie (hold the ice). The GMO DNA in the food is broken down by digestive enzymes like any other food.

As long as the organism is dead:

1) the modified genes;
2) the modified proteins that were expressed from those genes; and even
3) the modified chemical environment that could arise as a result of the GMO gene expression (say, if the genetically modified DNA coded for an enzyme );

are all essentially food.

I don't mean to trivialize the issues surrounding GMO food. I wish it wasn't on the market. Where I live the supermarkets are packed with GMO foods to the point that only people who have or earn a lot of money can afford to keep them out of the diet.

But your question was about feeding gmo tainted vegetables to your worms and I say go for it! You are taking the product of too many big-brained greedy monkey ideas and not an ounce of wisdom and turning it into something both beautiful and useful - worm poop.:thumb:

I find this reassuring. The transformation of partially digested matter by worms is something I have yet to fully understand, but what little I have learned has shown me that we underestimate their value.

Reps for that Rascio. You keep amazing me with your brilliant thoughts. I'm glad to have attracted you to our group. You have me thoroughly engrossed in the study of soil biology since our discussion with Greytail about fungi.

happy easter to you all and your loved ones :love:

:Namaste:

Alright Sue, happy to share here, thanks for asking.

GSC FORUM CUT
image23160.jpg

this plant has red/purple petioles every where but the tops. Other plants in same mix have green petioles, it's a genetic thing in organic soil.

Here are some other photos of plants I grew in LOS.
image22077.jpg
image21669.jpg
image15771.jpg
image15921.jpg
image15727.jpg
image15298.jpg
image15632.jpg
image15295.jpg

I never feed my plants, never PH anything, and never flush my containers before harvest, and have seen a deficiency on any of my plants ever. 100% truth. Nothing for sale. I just got irked a while back at the accepted normal way of growing cannabis and made it a goal of mine to share this with others, free of charge.

Thanks for the invite to post a few pics.

One of the plants above produced a half ounce cola, without me feeding it. This stuff is real. Potency is high (no testing done other than smoking), flavors are pronounced, and final product is smooth and sweet.

Back
Top Bottom