The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

I can't ignore this niggling muscle over my left scapulae any longer. To the mat! Callanetics time. See you in about 2 hours.

Ahhhhh. Indulgence. This - I could get used to time for this. :love:

I like upper 70's - up to about 80 for the high, with about a 10 degree drop with lights out.

Our plants will grow faster and better as the temp increases until you hit the mid-80s. Then you need to add CO2 to keep taking advantage of the heat, otherwise transpiration will suffer. I like 82 degrees as a high temp.

:thumb:

Hey BAR...re check your numbers bud....30-50F ? Way too low....did you mean RH numbers....ya prolly. Cheers pal.
I noticed right after posting I put F instead of % for RH and corrected it before you pointed it out Duggan. Can't get nothing past you! LOL

I honestly try and stick right about 82... It doesn't seem to hot nor does it seem to cool for me... Of course with lights out I am now down to about 66-68 with my wonderful new a/c unit in that room but in my ever be it so humble opinion.... 82 is my mark to shoot for.... and I will admit Broke Ass... that 91 would freak me right out.....:circle-of-love:
90, 91 is not too bad as long as it's not continuous in my opinion but I find 77F - 80F to be ideal. What I've done is pay attention to everyone's journals I've followed and noticed different members have different numbers on what's ideal for indoor plants and watched how mines behave under different highs & lows, incorporated all that together and reached what appears to be optimum to me. It's up to each individual member to take all this knowledge, absorb it, and find what works best for them.

That's the best part about 420; so many views and nothing is written in stone, which brings me to my next point. Sue, everything comes with time. I'm not nor do I claim to be some great grower. I just share what I've learned and experienced in my own grow as others did for me when I started. By running so many plants in such a short time & micro-managing everything I've been lucky enough to try a lot of theories that seem sound to me and reach my own opinions. Also tried a few that didn't make sense to me but proved to be successful.

So in other words don't take my word as gold but know that anything I post is something I've witnessed firsthand and if it isn't I'll always say where I got it from. I'm still a student of the grow.

Thank you all for confirming that my instincts were operating efficiently, at least in this respect. :laughtwo: I'll shoot for an upper limit if 82 and hope for nice drops of 5-10 less at night. Right now, we're good. :thanks:

Right smack in the middle of transitioning from Feldenkrais warm up stretches to full course Callanetics my brother kindly brought the mail.

Doesn't this look like more fun? :battingeyelashes: :slide: :love:

image27643.jpg

Oops! Forgot the free seeds! :laughtwo:

image27645.jpg

I need a few days more prep time before I plant, but by the end of the week. Definitely by the end of the week.

Hahaha! I'm actually dancing around the apartment!

Back to Callanetics. That muscle is just about there. :battingeyelashes:

WooHoo!!!! That feels good! Looking more trophy wife all the time. Ooooooo. Still have that pull in my back though :straightface: oh well, the rest of me feels younger and stronger, so I'm good.

The single most effective program I ever saw. I believe it may have saved Dale so much pain had he given it a try. For some reason these no-impact movements intimidate men. Its always been a mystery to me. Your loss guys. Me? I'm better than good. :battingeyelashes:

Sue - Not all of us are averse to such things. Iyengar Yoga saved my butt (really my upper back, but it's attached to my butt) a few years back, and since then it's made life better in many ways. I'll never make trophy status, but I'm a lot better than I was. And it's not all bad being one of the few males in a yoga class.
:Namaste:

Sue - Not all of us are averse to such things. Iyengar Yoga saved my butt (really my upper back, but it's attached to my butt) a few years back, and since then it's made life better in many ways. I'll never make trophy status, but I'm a lot better than I was. And it's not all bad being one of the few males in a yoga class.

Good to hear Rob. When we're kids we get conditioned to fitness being about impact. As we get older we discover how much damage all that impact was doing and then we can't do it anymore. Programs like yoga and Callanetics restore and realign the body. Such a sense of power to have that control. I started back with the on line support sites because these little pulses make me over-the-top joyful, and teaching on those sites gives me an outlet for that energy. I've neglected them and they're missing me. I have more time to devote to the sites now.

You guys actually stole my heart and refocused all that passion here. :love: That was pretty sneaky of you. :laughtwo: It wasn't fair to them and I need to balance the scales a bit. It's a challenge though, 'cause truth be told, you guys are addictive. :laughtwo:

Back a few posts and the temp. stuff. I'm glad to hear your thoughts Gray....my perfect temps would be right where Major has em...high 70's. with 80 or slightly higher as a max. I'm also thinking of equipment as well.....ya ,i know electrical crap again. The fact is , all those lil fans we have running in our fancy new LED's. all of a sudden are not doing a very good job of cooling the heat sinks cuz the ambient air is so fu...in hot! All our motors , elecronics ,controls etc. are now working much harder to maintain peak efficiency. If you constantly have a GR in the 90's....your equipment will fail much sooner than if it's all running in the mid to high 70's. Facts of the case. Q. is ...do we care? Have a great night Sue ...and Gang. :Namaste:

Good to hear Rob. When we're kids we get conditioned to fitness being about impact. As we get older we discover how much damage all that impact was doing and then we can't do it anymore. Programs like yoga and Callanetics restore and realign the body. Such a sense of power to have that control. I started back with the on line support sites because these little pulses make me over-the-top joyful, and teaching on those sites gives me an outlet for that energy. I've neglected them and they're missing me. I have more time to devote to the sites now.

You guys actually stole my heart and refocused all that passion here. :love: That was pretty sneaky of you. :laughtwo: It wasn't fair to them and I need to balance the scales a bit. It's a challenge though, 'cause truth be told, you guys are addictive. :laughtwo:

Sounds like you are finding positive addictions Sue, always a wise choice.

btw - I used to race bicycles. Impact has realigned me. I no longer feel the need for impact. It did teach me how to fall well, headstands are no sweat.

Before lights out I stuck my head in the tent. Despite the fact that the pots are all light as air the upper leaves are still reaching for that light, and all indications are that I timed the GE drench just right. Yes!! You all have no idea how difficult it is to refrain from watering these plants. :laughtwo:

You all have no idea how difficult it is to refrain from watering these plants. :laughtwo:

Oh yes I do! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I am constantly thinking of what I should be doing for them. Usually the answer is, nothin'. Let 'em be. That way I can't 'F' 'em up.

Oh yes I do! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I am constantly thinking of what I should be doing for them. Usually the answer is, nothin'. Let 'em be. That way I can't 'F' 'em up.

I hear you Major. :laughtwo:

Part of my healing therapy is finding something productive to do with the hands. Something other than posting on this site. :laughtwo: Although I buy the idea that it doesn't matter what type of pot you use to build those initial massive root balls, my heart likes the idea of felt pots. I particularly like the way they wick up on the SWICK when in bloom stage.

I'm looking at 18 pots in the end, three trays of 6 pots each, holding about a gallon of soil each. Instead of simply purchasing them up front I've decided to make them by hand. It gives me some busy work I'll actually enjoy and fills a need for the grow. I find hand sewing delightfully calming and satisfying. Tonight I begin the quest to replace the azalea pots, one handcrafted pot at a time.

image27659.jpg

Need to tighten up that stitching Girl. :battingeyelashes:

Is all part of the process of healing. Maybe I'll be able to sleep better tonight. Between those four mile treks with the 20 minutes walking the labyrinth every day and Callanetics almost every other day, you'd think the body would be ready for sleep. Unfortunately, not so much. :straightface:

Keep plugging away Girl. Hope for cumulative results.

Yeah. Hold onto that idea.

That's the best part about 420; so many views and nothing is written in stone, which brings me to my next point. Sue, everything comes with time. I'm not nor do I claim to be some great grower.

There is no "one-fits-all" in this hobby. You and Sue are rocking it. Where most of us guys (not speaking for all guys) like to grow fast and furious.

P. S. "sorry about the double post"

Back
Top Bottom