1st Time Grow With DWC Top Feed Burmese Kush

I don't know either but it sounds like your in for a treat ;)

That day driving home from his place the steering wheel in my old 79 chev 1/2 ton felt like it was a fire truck wheel. I got an ounce of this stuff from him that day and it lasted me 3 months cause it was just too strong. Clearly the genetics will be different but my god I've never come close to weed that good before or after that bag.

Amazing how fast they grew! Nice job. Don't be afraid of defoliation. I am doing the week 3 in flower then the week 7 method. They bounced back super fast from the week 3. Week 7 is coming up and that will be a Top Down defoliation of fans. There's a few good guides out there on it and the increase in yields it can give you. I like how it opens up the lower buds for light. You see a noticeable difference in growth.

Keep up the great work!

Very nice system and scrog!

Taking a seat for sure.

Kudos!

Wow Thanks for stopping in Vex. I loved your journal, Congrats on journal of the month last month. Have you got your hands on your GROWant Light yet? I'm interested to see how they do, I'll be upgrading my blurples asap after this grow. As for the RDWC that was merely leggo'd together by myself. It was designed and perfected by Rider809 and Scrogdawg, they've been tutoring me and enjoying my many whoopsies along the way. Anyhow thanks again for popping in, your fluxing tech is something way over my head but also something that i'll probably give a go eventually when i get more familiar with hydro. Sorry for rambling, girls are down for 30 hours and i have no one to talk to lol.

Amazing how fast they grew! Nice job. Don't be afraid of defoliation. I am doing the week 3 in flower then the week 7 method. They bounced back super fast from the week 3. Week 7 is coming up and that will be a Top Down defoliation of fans. There's a few good guides out there on it and the increase in yields it can give you. I like how it opens up the lower buds for light. You see a noticeable difference in growth.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks Scooter, I have nothing to compare them with other than my many outdoor grows over the years and these puppies hare sitting around week 9-10 for an outdoor plant from my experience. Take that that with a grain of salt tho as I;ve always used clones and they typically spend a week or two in my window sill getting used to the sunny sun sun. These fuckers were thrown to the wolves and thrived every step of the way. hell i haven't even burned em yet,(thats coming)

Lol you bored or something XD

So funny, I'm really not looking to flowering n only having 12 hours to see my girls :(

Low key that's the reason I planted that peppermint kush lol I just need babies to take care of XD

So the lights came on at 5pm after 30 hours of dark. Here they are at lights on
IMG_289114.JPG

When I got home from work I went in for a closer look and started Defoe and kind of went bananas.
IMG_289317.JPG
IMG_289414.JPG

IMG_289514.JPG
IMG_289216.JPG
IMG_289216.JPG
IMG_289612.JPG
IMG_289716.JPG

I hear a branch crack while I was in trimming and it's one of the mains on my second biggest plant, it didn't snap off but it cracked so I leaned it up and threw some scotch tape on it and I'll be praying it fixes itself since it's such a nice branch. Then because I was flustered from that while I was taking the ph I dropped my meter in the res and now it's pooched, I won't be able to get a new one until morning so hopefully the ph is decent :( during lights off rh stayed in my 53-55% range and the room did get down to 69.7f but overall it stayed pretty steady. I hope I didn't over do it with the trimming but they definitely have room for airflow now under the screen. I'm off the next couple days so I will keep you posted on how they're doing, time to go catch up on some reading I missed over the weekend.

Hi there ! Sorry for the cracked branch haha, happens to me twice on my first grow, one recovered pretty quick in 2 days but the other didn't make it unfortunately, but you'll be fine im sure ! Keep up the good work you're aiming to a nice harvest. It going to start to smell pretty soon !
Have a nice one
Mike

Defol looks good to me! Doesn't look extreme at all. Just feels that way when you have a huge pile of leaves. Nice job. Sorry to hear about your PH pen. Sure you can find strips or titration kit locally if you need it quick.
I'm with Scooter. Plants look good. Now, the fun part...

PH pen came back to life today about an hour after i ordered the replacement off amazon... Too late to cancel so i get to send it back! just waiting for the light to come on so i can see how bad i fucked the ph yesterday. i'll trhow up an update later on after i get everything dialed in.

Oh boy lol well the ph was a little high at 6.3 but thats not horrible so meh good eye me! To continue my path of destruction, I was adjusting my tent cam and snapped the power cord off the back. I emailed the maker since best buy are a bunch of useless pricks and hoefully i get a new one shortly. I did a res change today as they drank another gallon and a half per tub since saturday morning and the ppm was down to 400-425. The branch I broke doesn't seem to be drooping at all so hopefully it just bulks up from the stress.
IMG_290113.JPG
IMG_290219.JPG
IMG_290311.JPG
IMG_290817.JPG
IMG_290614.JPG
IMG_290722.JPG

Couple pics with the iPhone since the OG cam is down til further notice.

So I guess since today they got their first blast of koolbloom I would have consider today first day of flower? The soup I mixed up was 14 gallons 70 ml of gh micro, grow and bloom. 28 ml hydroguard and 28 ml koolbloom. Water started at 118 ppm and finished at 758 ppm. I ph'd it to 5.8 and switched it out. I've lowered the humidity controller to switch on at 49% and stop at 52.5 and will lower it every couple days til I have it around 45-47%. I was clearing out a few spots I missed and decided to take my first clipping.
IMG_290922.JPG

Meet Mama, she is off the biggest most vigorous of the bunch and will be my source of much Burmese Kush for the foreseeable future. I have her under a 60w equivalent cfl in my humidity dome in the spare room where I vent to so there is air movement in the room. Well that's my update. Hope everyone is having a good night.:bong::roorrip::reading420magazine: off to smoke some grandpa glue and read some journals.

Day3 since flip:
Ph rose up to 6.3 so I lowered it down to 5.8 and will watch as I really don't want lock out with the new stuff in there. Room is down to 78f now and humidity is between 48.5-53% tonight before work I'm going to adjust it down again to shut off at 50% and start back up at 47%. The maker of the camera is sending me a brand new one upon receiving the damaged one so that's going out in the mail later on today and OGcam will be back in action early next week I hope. They are filling the scrog fast now I feel like I need to tuck every time I open that tent.
IMG_291521.JPG
IMG_291618.JPG
IMG_291715.JPG
IMG_291818.JPG
IMG_291923.JPG
IMG_292019.JPG
IMG_292118.JPG
IMG_292212.JPG
IMG_292317.JPG
IMG_29249.JPG
IMG_292512.JPG

Let me know if I'm overdoing it I don't want to slow anything.
Ppm were nice and stable at 725 and 719 and those res's stay under 70 pretty well constantly. I'm on nights tonight so I'm trying to stay up and sleep in later so I guess it's off to read your progress. Talk to you all later.

Looking really good man! Cracks here broken this dropping that XD

I'll say it again were so similar XD

Looking awesome man, your plants continue to blow me away. You were talking about defol and mentioned bananas, just glad you went bananas not found them lol

Can't wait to see the flower show man! Nice job .

Back
Top Bottom