2nd Run Ever: Cheese Auto & Cement Shoes Photo From Canuk Seeds, Join Me!

I would have just sat it here like I did the cheese, but she under a net and several branches are already buckling under the swelling buds, I'm afraid one would break if I removed the net and tried to move her. But yeah that's a great way to go about it if you don't have a sink like this. I just use a shop vac and pulled the water out of the tray as it filled up.
20200502_205806.jpg

I only ended up flushing 4 gallons through before the fifth with 5.5g mc. Well see how she does with the lighter dose of mc and the light raised up a bit. Hopefully that helps her relax a bit and stop stressing! Lol nobody likes it when you're stressed!

Yeah @Backlipslide the net definitely has its pros and cons, it would have been tough to keep from all falling apart or having to use 20 yo-yos without it, like I ended up doing on my first run, the kushberry. Speaking of which, I know it's only one grow to compare to but I've had so much less stretching out of all these plants than I did that first plant. I think its mainly due to the leds vs the hps i ran last go. At least that's my guess.

I’ve tried this once and it worked well, but what I did was, put four bamboo sticks all around the pot on the outter edge of the pot, sticking straight up before flipping into flower, then after they stretch into flower intertwined with the branches, it seemed to help a lot by carrying some of the weight... it’s an option if your willing to try it! No worries if not, you got a good handle on things. :thumb:

I've been thinking about something like that or a tomato cage in the future. Id like a solution that allows me to move the plant still. That's my last favorite part of using a net. I like to rotate my plants daily, and id like to think they like it too. Can't rotate with the net. Lame

I've been thinking about something like that or a tomato cage in the future. Id like a solution that allows me to move the plant still. That's my last favorite part of using a net. I like to rotate my plants daily, and id like to think they like it too. Can't rotate with the net. Lame

I used a cage in my grow, wasnt able to take advantage of it much because they never got too tall.... but if your plants are taller you can tie to many areas. They are still stretching so we'll see if theres any benefits. You csn see how much of the cage i never was able to use 20200502_212301.jpg

Yes sir! Being able to remove the plants from that area freely as you please, is the cats meow!

not trying to tell you not to use a trellis, but without an automated feeding and draining system, it makes everything super hard.

@Emilya I was just thinking in the mindset of my current plants that are pretty short honestly. The cement shoes is only 19inches from the dirt to top of tallest nug. And they amnesia only 21in tall. I can imagine many situations where having more height vs the less height i was talking about would be good.

Today was a good day. Got to go out to the new property and get the tractor going and get some mowing done. Have to go back tomorrow to finish up. But felt good. Can't wait to get fully moved in.
received_642585352964400.jpeg
20200504_190721.jpg

So today is 8 weeks flower for the cement shoes. From my inspecting of the trichs I don't see any amber yet. Cloudy but not amber. Going to watch real close over the next week.

Do any of you fellow mc users ever, and I am hesitant to even use the word, but "flush" with straight water or feed at a greatly reduced concentration for the last week or so? Are there actually any good reasons to, or not to? I know how controversial the "flush" conversation gets, fast. Not trying to stir up that kind of mess. Just asking for any experience you all may or may not have had with this using mc specifically, or what is recommended.

20200512_132622.jpg
20200512_132608.jpg
20200512_132557.jpg
20200512_132552.jpg

And a couple shots of the amnesia. That is humongous! Thanks @Vulx and @GreenleafNutr . Making me look like the auto flower whisper-er on this one.

20200512_132920.jpg
20200512_132925.jpg
20200512_133006.jpg
20200512_132941.jpg

Then the funky cement shoes clones in tiny cups that seem to have made it back into veg, sure are funny looking though. Would it be detrimental to them if I cut them down to about half the height they are now? Really trying to keep them small as possible, as long as possible. They are getting root bound.... and there are two plants per cup!! Lol. Gonna have to cull one from each cup no matter what.

20200512_133341.jpg
20200512_133337.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

That first picture!! Wow!!

damn those are some leggy clones. Yes you can cut them down. It would be like topping your plant though is all it is. :thumb:

it never hurt to take off a few leaves here and there every time you check on the ladies. I look at it, as general maintenance:high-five::cheesygrinsmiley:

some people feed right till chop. Some feed till the day of chop, give a good cleansing with a rinse and reset. Some flush a week before chop... it’s up to you to decide, really.

I found no real difference between the two, not flushing, and flushing. I just kinda found a system that works for me, and stuck with it. Sometimes(like my sour jack, in my last run) I’m caught off guard and just go with the flow.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom