• FryingPanFlyer

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • PitViper

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • velodrone

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While the site may be easy to navigate I believe the sheer number of forums, and in particular, sub-forums can add to the confusion when trying to find a particular subject. While all the forums and sub-forums have their value and are necessary parts of a site that caters to our chosen hobby, perhaps they can be better categorized/organized and possibly combined in some instances.

I don't know the answers but one thing to keep in mind may be to "know your audience". In particular their possible state of mind when first coming here. I don't mean this in a bad way but us stoners are sometimes easily confused and distracted. LOL

You got my vote DroJo.... Good luck! :thumb:

To the easily confused, the distracted, the zoned stoners, and the stoned, err... zoners: The main forum page can be "adjusted" to suit; those little "double-arrows" (the pairs of ^s or Vs) on the right-hand side of each main forum group are there so one can set each forum group to be "opened," that is, to display their sub-forums, or "closed," in which case that forum's sub-forums aren't displayed.

I use that feature to keep open the forums that I have interest in. All of the sub-forums are still available - but the ones that I do not regularly read in don't distract me (and this way the size of my "custom" forum page does not become unwieldy).

Another personal customization feature that some might be unaware of is the fact that we can go to our User CP and then to Edit Folders (under Subscribed Threads on the left-hand side of the page). And then we can set up custom folders - such as ones for design/construction, nutrients, pests/deficiencies/problems, etc. Whenever we subscribe to a thread on this site you then have the option of placing the thread into whichever folder we like. Then some time down the road when we wish to recall something all we have to do is to visit our User CP and look in a specific folder.

Can keep things handy and yet out of the way!

Oh... Mandatory On-Topic Content (lol): I just realized that obxgardener's name in the poll is in italics. Huh. Never noticed it before.

EDIT: Oh, NOW I get it, lol. It italicizes the one I voted for. Doh!

Thanks C5Rftw :blushsmile:

Ahhh obx, you're slippin! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We need a new Campaign. A new demograph too. Maybe we can sell Boy scout canna cookies for campaign fundraising? Maybe we can give away something?

wait a minute i got it:idea:

OBX!!! He's the best!
Forget the Rest, Cuz they all have stink breath!!!! :cough:

OBX!!! He's the best!

OBX!!! He's the best!

but wait.. there's more :slide:

The next 10 ppl that vote for OBX get a free Leotard!
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:
One size fits all. Limited quantites. Pink is the only available color. Local state taxes apply. Drojo and his susidiaries are not responsible for leotards lost in mail nor are we responsible for any injuries due to loss of circulation. Drojo breath actually does reek but he has no evidence that any of the other nom's breath stink and wouldnt suggest finding out. Paid for by OBX '10

I can say two things:

obxgardener, win, lose, or place, you've already successfully broken your record for MotM votes and I commend you for that accomplishment.

And I'd also like to mention that I did my usual of using the site's search function (actually, I just clicked on their names and selected the "Find more posts by..." option, lol) to look through the nominees' posts for the best part of the past month. I threw a little spin on it, giving them "credit" for each helpful post that they made - but I gave slightly more credit for posts made outside of their threads. IOW, if a nominee was helping people in threads that they did not create, that meant they would have had to be actively reading in the forums to some extent as opposed to just hitting their subscribed threads.

And it turns out that ALL of this month's nominees were quite helpful to one degree or other. As is most often the case, of course, lol.

And so, once again, the real winner here is...

...All of us! Thanks a lot, folks, for doing what you do to help out around here! You're all winners in my book. Of course one winner will be the big winner, lol. But there are no losers here. They must hang out at those other forums. :rofl:

I can say two things:

obxgardener, win, lose, or place, you've already successfully broken your record for MotM votes and I commend you for that accomplishment.

And I'd also like to mention that I did my usual of using the site's search function (actually, I just clicked on their names and selected the "Find more posts by..." option, lol) to look through the nominees' posts for the best part of the past month. I threw a little spin on it, giving them "credit" for each helpful post that they made - but I gave slightly more credit for posts made outside of their threads. IOW, if a nominee was helping people in threads that they did not create, that meant they would have had to be actively reading in the forums to some extent as opposed to just hitting their subscribed threads.

And it turns out that ALL of this month's nominees were quite helpful to one degree or other. As is most often the case, of course, lol.

And so, once again, the real winner here is...

...All of us! Thanks a lot, folks, for doing what you do to help out around here! You're all winners in my book. Of course one winner will be the big winner, lol. But there are no losers here. They must hang out at those other forums. :rofl:

Awesome post TS. Its a good MOM this month. The vibe here is mad chill. I hope no ones sour over the stink breath joke :hug: We're all good here. Pit used to help me when I was a newer newbie, so another shoutout to him. His team is doin big things now too. OBX has inspired me to try some new different things on my next grow. FPF & Velo's really cool peeps too. I aint gonna mention the other guy, he's a total tool :biglaugh: I really want obx to win too, its not a facade or nothin lol. But good luck to everyone!!. :blushsmile::hug:
The world is crazy, roll up/pack bowl/load vape/bong and get lifted. :rollit:

DR:peace:

I don't know the answers but one thing to keep in mind may be to "know your audience". In particular their possible state of mind when first coming here. I don't mean this in a bad way but us stoners are sometimes easily confused and distracted. LOL

:thumb:

SkooterClowns cracks me up. I get distracted and then BAM, I forget where I am and what I'm doing there.

Frying Pan's my guy!

This poll will close on 03-12-2010 at 07:25 AM

FYI - All polls on this site have the poll clock immediately above the graph in the center of the screen ;)

Back
Top Bottom