• Roseman

Votes: 79 59.8%
  • PitViper

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • Tiger Balm

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have NEVER seen this much negativity here.....and Ive been here 2 years...wow.
makes you think....
I really hope OGD doesnt roll from here, I know him very well and am proud to call him my friend.

joe coffee said:
.... Something seems not right.
IMO there will be a need to modify the rules for the next MOM contests and possibly all of the contests. It has already been suggested that on the Plant of the Month and the Bud of the Month contest that only the pics will be entered with no names attached.. I think it's a good idea.

We're always open to input, so I've opened this thread where we can discuss the ideas. We've done this in the past with great success. Really positive and constructive; let's do it again :surf:
Discussion of contest rules

ogd said:
As referring to the new logo in the smileys that had to been a admin that added it......does this mean 420 is going to support a club within the forum? I been on a lot of forums but I have never see such thing done. Is it the truth 420 doesn't want to loose its new members and created a new club with in it's own

I put the smiley in and still don't see the harm. They are not an exclusive club, they're promoting their growing technique and they encourage any member (Deep Water Culture or not) to come by and participate. Their main purpose is to help people learn to grow with Deep Water Culture in a pay it forward sort of way.

How can many of my friends on our great community not welcome this kind of mindset with open arms.

I've seen lots of older 420 members in Deep Water Culture subforum interacting positively. They were already Deep Water Culture when they showed up, but are trying to integrate. Did you check out their logo closely - that's the 420 Magazine and the 420 Girls logo inside the bubbles.

:420:

There's no harm here - help them integrate :surf:

Hey folks! - If you guys think new members shouldn't win contests, maybe you should request 420 to change the rules and eliminate newer members from entering/voting?

We're not willing to change the rules now that the contest has begun. We can discuss for subsequent months ;)

The MOTM contest is a popularity contest; it's a way to pay respects to people that have helped you in the past or that you just generally respect.

I've heard a lot of people saying things like the Nug and Plant contests will be ruined because Deep Water Culture will just vote for their own

I hope this isn't the case. The Plant and Nug contests are about the green, not the person who submitted it.

ogd said:
Please withdraw my name form the contest, My wife has just received a threating pm for one of the so called other group....I have been here 4 months posted over 300 pictures and wrote 3 grow journals. I have always called this place home now there is no place for me...please close all my journals and don't expect me back................

I'm sorry you've decided this, mad peace and respect to you Bro, I hope you come back.

That said, we honored your wishes and removed you from the poll. Anyone who voted for OGD will note that their vote has been returned to them and they are free to vote again ;)

For the record, and since you brought it up, the threat to your wife was not physical in nature. I wouldn't post this here but the way you phrased this requires further explanation. The threat was that she would probably be banned if she didn't stop trolling. see the quote that was sent --->
stop trolling the forums man. You are going to get banned if you keep it up.

Inappropriate and out of line - yes, but more of a prediction than a threat in my view.

Agreed Pit OGD don't let a idiot ruin it for ya. It's just a stupid kid Dude. Us OG's can't let acouple wanna be PC warriors ruin it. I 've been a member of alot of sites and this one had the least drama. OGD Stay Down Dude.

OGD it took me several months here as a member before I voted for the MOM contest. How can I have possibly vote when I didn't know who the candidates were? We now have members who are 9 posts old and are voting for MOM.... Something seems not right.
IMO there will be a need to modify the rules for the next MOM contests and possibly all of the contests. It has already been suggested that on the Plant of the Month and the Bud of the Month contest that only the pics will be entered with no names attached.. I think it's a good idea.

Joe,
I have just 6 post on this site and I proudly and deservingly voted for MOM. Before I registered, I read on 420 for many, many months. Part of the reason I registered was to thank those who have been helping me with their tireless documentation. Many of the folks here with many posts are all "friends" of mine from other sites and especially OG. I have been learning and sharing with some of these folks for over 20 years. I would say I know as much about them and their grow style as most anyone on here. The worthyness of my vote is not measured by the # of posts I have made but rather by the time I have spent studying all of the different methodologies each of the nominees practice and document. Your latest posts gets no votes from me nor helps anyone here, oh wait, I just found HOM contest (Hater of the month)...you just may have a calling. Kidding Joe, lighten up - LoDo

Please withdraw my name form the contest, My wife has just received a threating pm for one of the so called other group....I have been here 4 months posted over 300 pictures and wrote 3 grow journals. I have always called this place home now there is no place for me...please close all my journals and don't expect me back................

This sucks.. OGD yo are a major asset to this community. I do not want to hang with haters sending juvenile threats to other users, this is insane.

So sorry to hear this OGD, I enjoyed your writings and have learned so much.
Peace to you and your family, what evr you decide. - LoDo

420magazine already requires 25 posts for members to send Personal Messages. My suggestion is in-line with the same philosophy. The 25 post criteria was established to prevent SPAM. Another suggestion could possibly be that the voter needs to be a certain age (such as 3 months old as a 420 posting member) (or 3 months old and a minimum of 25 posts) before they are eligible to vote in the contests.

My argument has absolutely ZERO to do with any of the contestants merits. Roseman without a doubt has contributed a ton of really great info since finding this site and is really a outstanding contributor here so far.

It appears that there is a feeling among members that the voting in this months poll is not statistically in the realm of past elections. No doubt it would raise concerns about the fairness of the election.

I have NEVER seen this much negativity here.....and Ive been here 2 years...wow.
makes you think....
I really hope OGD doesnt roll from here, I know him very well and am proud to call him my friend.

couldnt agree more bro!!

Wow, I don't know what to say....decided not to say anything about the "fight", will miss you Oldgrowerdude, you showed us, with simple elegance how to grow this medicine/herb that binds us together at this site. Your plants are the epitome of health, that is experience, that is what we are losing.

Will miss you brother Oldgrowerdude!

MountainHigh.

Of course, I've never even gotten more than one vote for MOM... and I've been nominated twice... d'oh! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Awww obx :hug:

now if you got nommed twice and had only one vote, that would be mad sad lol

Wow, I don't know what to say....decided not to say anything about the "fight", will miss you Oldgrowerdude, you showed us, with simple elegance how to grow this medicine/herb that binds us together at this site. Your plants are the epitome of health, that is experience, that is what we are losing.

Will miss you brother Oldgrowerdude!

MountainHigh.

:amen:

Awww obx :hug:

now if you got nommed twice and had only one vote, that would be mad sad lol

Actually, I was honored just to be nominated both times! :Rasta:

There were better candidates each time, so I didn't even vote for myself... :goof:

The important thing about this site is the vibe, not the contests. That is the only thing that matters to me.

I'm so proud of everyone who has chosen the HIGH road here! Thank you guys for making this the best site on the planet.
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom