Votes: 43 47.3%
  • Aberration

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • MountainHigh

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How come only 75 votes......

Are there not somewhere in the region of 20,000 people looking at this forum?

Allot of folks never post a thing...they just watch! It's too bad but they are comfortable doing what they do. :reading420magazine:

How come only 75 votes......

Are there not somewhere in the region of 20,000 people looking at this forum?

Only 5% of the people looking have signed up to post

(come on in people we won't bite;))

Of the 5% that can post - only a fraction of those actually do post. Only a fraction of them post frequently

Lots of views though ;)

Over the past year, look how voting and participation has grown. It has more than doubled over the year from 29 total votes in May 09, to 83 votes in May 2010

May 09 MOM Contest 29 votes total, winner received 22 votes

June 2009 MOM Contest 36 votes total, winner received 11 votes

July 09 MOM Contest 32 votes total, winner received 9 votes

August 09 MOM Contest 47 votes total, winner received 14 votes

September 09 MOM Contest 57 votes total, winner received 9 votes

October 09 MOM Contest 66 votes total, winner received 20 votes

November 09 MOM Contest 79 votes total, winner received 22 votes

December 09 MOM Contest 82 votes total, winner received 26 votes

January 2010 MOM Contest 133 votes total, winner received 79 votes

February 2010 MOM Contest 87 votes total, winner received 27 votes

March 2010 MOM Contest 50 votes total, winner received 23 votes

April 2010 MOM Contest 43 votes total, winner received 20 votes

May 2010 09 MOM Contest 83 votes total, winner received 39 votes

And the winners over the past year were:

January 2009 Ms Fox

February 09 BeIrie by an over whelming margin

March 09 pan4gold49 and a very close 2nd is Freaknature

April 09 l8tnightskunk and a close 2nd was TorturedSoul

May 09 TorturedSoul by a landslide victory

June 09 HazeSeeker by a large margin

July 09 420fied by 3 votes over 2nd place BayAreaStoner

August 09 PitViper by a large lead

September 09 Andy Botwin by one vote over Wheelofortune

October 09 Setting Sun by a big lead

November 09 The Butcher, and an honorable close 2nd DroJo

December 09 OldMedMan

January 2010 Roseman

February 2010 FryingPanFlyer, very close DroJo 2nd and obxgardener a close 3rd

March 2010 Woodsman

April 2010 Setting Sun by a big lead

May 2010 MostlyCrazy by a large lead

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE

Only 5% of the people looking have signed up to post

(come on in people we won't bite;))

Of the 5% that can post - only a fraction of those actually do post. Only a fraction of them post frequently

Lots of views though ;)

And that's such a shame it ought to be a crime.

IMHO, the Member of the Month contest is important for a variety of reasons. For one, it is a peer-decided way to show our appreciation to those who really give this site its prowess. After all, without participation it would just be a news site. I don't think there is a member here that can truthfully say that they haven't learned something at this site. If they can, it's their own fault. It's hard to learn without good teachers. It's hard to throw down $1000 (or more) to purchase all the strains that we are curious about or the $1000 (or more) to purchase all the gadgets that we'd like to know more about. Many of these guys/gals have saved people a lot of money. And also effort and time. And then there's the entertainment value. I can't pass the pipe or even pat them on the back, but I can show my appreciation for caring enough to vote.

And anyone can become MotM. Both Roseman and myself managed it soon after joining.

Even still, it is not something that can be "bought" with any currency - only by the willingness to be helpful to others in life. Which makes it if not unique, certainly something that is in an ever-shrinking category in this world. I for one am glad that it hasn't shrunk by one more.

I think the non-contributing members and guests are just a bunch of TV-watchers who have been pounded into accepting the false premise that their opinions and ideas don't count and therefore don't exist. But maybe they aren't bright enough to see it...

Err... Are you guys going to take that lying down? Maybe you ought to post - at least to introduce yourself and say, "Hello," - and prove me wrong. And while you're at it, how about voting for the person that you feel has been the most helpful during the month in question? It's the least you could do and it only takes a second.

TorturedSoul you are wise not tortured. It is so true that people have become complacent because in the real world we don't have a voice. This site is our world and our voice rules. It is one of the things I like about this site. Fantastic post +reps.

Hey Orangeblood, you really ran into a buzz saw this month. I've really appreciated your posts and your innovation, I'll never forget that r2d2 cloner you built for 420.

It'll be your turn soon enough. You're a hell of an asset to this site. As are all nominees, it's just that I've had more contact with OB, I hope to get to know all of you soon.

Well said.

And that's such a shame it ought to be a crime.

IMHO, the Member of the Month contest is important for a variety of reasons. For one, it is a peer-decided way to show our appreciation to those who really give this site its prowess. After all, without participation it would just be a news site. I don't think there is a member here that can truthfully say that they haven't learned something at this site. If they can, it's their own fault. It's hard to learn without good teachers. It's hard to throw down $1000 (or more) to purchase all the strains that we are curious about or the $1000 (or more) to purchase all the gadgets that we'd like to know more about. Many of these guys/gals have saved people a lot of money. And also effort and time. And then there's the entertainment value. I can't pass the pipe or even pat them on the back, but I can show my appreciation for caring enough to vote.

And anyone can become MotM. Both Roseman and myself managed it soon after joining.

Even still, it is not something that can be "bought" with any currency - only by the willingness to be helpful to others in life. Which makes it if not unique, certainly something that is in an ever-shrinking category in this world. I for one am glad that it hasn't shrunk by one more.

I think the non-contributing members and guests are just a bunch of TV-watchers who have been pounded into accepting the false premise that their opinions and ideas don't count and therefore don't exist. But maybe they aren't bright enough to see it...

Err... Are you guys going to take that lying down? Maybe you ought to post - at least to introduce yourself and say, "Hello," - and prove me wrong. And while you're at it, how about voting for the person that you feel has been the most helpful during the month in question? It's the least you could do and it only takes a second.

Absolutly

Hey Orangeblood, you really ran into a buzz saw this month. I've really appreciated your posts and your innovation, I'll never forget that r2d2 cloner you built for 420.

It'll be your turn soon enough. You're a hell of an asset to this site. As are all nominees, it's just that I've had more contact with OB, I hope to get to know all of you soon.

Thanks Brother!
I guess the voters for this one did'nt get the C notes that should have been mailed out last week. My secretary is so fired!:rollit:
Congratulations to MC for such a dominating win! :bravo:
I feel like an idiot because I never even knew who Mostly Crazy was until I clicked on his name on this thread and found some of his postings in a sub forum that I didnt know about. I always thought all the grow journals were in the grow journal page never knowing that there were more in the sub forums. :loopy:
Anyways, my hats off to you MC! keep up the excellent work my friend! :thumb: :welldone:

Back
Top Bottom