A Lovely Lady And A Grumpy Old Man Growing In Newfoundland Fall 2023

Sorry about the Hermie Amigo.
Better days ahead. :Namaste:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž

Edit: quick question, sorry if I asked already.
What's under your floor, concrete or wood?
Just curious about temp with your recent issue.
Its concrete. I put a piece of 1ā€ thick pressed wood board under each pot to keep them from being directly on the floor.

Its concrete. I put a piece of 1ā€ thick pressed wood board under each pot to keep them from being directly on the floor.
I put a layer of Styrofoam sm on the floor below the tent.
Made the environment better and easier to maintain.
Just a thought. :Namaste:
Hope you have a nice weekend my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž

I put a layer of Styrofoam sm on the floor below the tent.
Made the environment better and easier to maintain.
Just a thought. :Namaste:
Hope you have a nice weekend my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž
Thatā€™s a great idea. I think the next time I have the opportunity I will do something similar myself.

Update day 85

Plodding along. Both girls look great. Hopefully the Auto Banner OG is ready in a week or so.
Moved the remaining girls around so I could get the bigger light on the GSC and install the first net. Bent down all the tops etc that I could, for as even a canopy at this point as possible. Not looking too bad. Looking forward to seeing the results on this girl. Light intensity is turned up to 75%. The canopy is roughly 1200 PPFD according to the cheapo iPhone Photone app. I sure hope for some nice tight dense buds on this one.

Never doing autos and photos together again lol.

Feeding and watering continue. Every 3 days now the GSC is taking 9-10 litres of water. PPM on a feeding day is around 850. I donā€™t know how to get it higher without using an excessive amount of nutrients. Is this the only option, more nutes? Should I be aiming for more than 800 to 1000 PPM? As Iā€™ve listed before Iā€™m currently using Advanced Nutrients micro grow and bloom.

Any suggestions on any part of the grow is always welcomed.
Thanks for looking.
:ganjamon:

IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5246.jpeg

IMG_5244.jpeg

IMG_5243.jpeg

IMG_5241.jpeg

IMG_5238.jpeg

Less is more my friend that's a bit much on the lights and possibly nutes. Nut sure on your medium or pot size. Im just getting into flower feeding at 500ppm in Coco

Really? I sure wasnā€™t expecting that answer. Interesting. Growing in HP ProMix.
Sorry just getting home. I think promix is soilless? Do you have run off when you water?
Also what day flower are you

Sorry just getting home. I think promix is soilless? Do you have run off when you water?
Also what day flower are you
Pro mix is peat-moss.
I donā€™t generally water to run off. I water to runoff periodically so I know how many litres it actually takes, but once this is figured out I will give them their 4-5 litres each from the top and I will also water in the trays underneath. I know my pots currently take approximately 4 to 5 litres to get run off.
The Photo GSC is on day 18 of flower.

Pro mix is peat-moss.
I donā€™t generally water to run off. I water to runoff periodically so I know how many litres it actually takes, but once this is figured out I will give them their 4-5 litres each from the top and I will also water in the trays underneath. I know my pots currently take approximately 4 to 5 litres to get run off.
The Photo GSC is on day 18 of flower.
That's great so say you water to run off once a week if you check that run off ppm's this can give you a idea each week of how she's eating if you ppm is way higher then your input you need to cut back and if run off Is lower give her a bit more. You will get better terps this way for sure šŸ‘

That's great so say you water to run off once a week if you check that run off ppm's this can give you a idea each week of how she's eating if you ppm is way higher then your input you need to cut back and if run off Is lower give her a bit more. You will get better terps this way for sure šŸ‘
I don't really agree here.
Even in fabric pots the water is going to pick up any solids that can be dissolved as it runs through the medium, and since peat moss breaks down over time there will always be solids for the water to pick up in there.
If you soak a pot of pure peat moss with ro water to runoff and test the runoff, it's going to be a different ppm than what you put in.
It's like making coffee.

I don't really agree here.
Even in fabric pots the water is going to pick up any solids that can be dissolved as it runs through the medium, and since peat moss breaks down over time there will always be solids for the water to pick up in there.
If you soak a pot of pure peat moss with ro water to runoff and test the runoff, it's going to be a different ppm than what you put in.
It's like making coffee.
Cheers Mr Hobbes, The first part is the point but I would have just treat it the same as most soiless mediums.. so the peat moss breaks down fast enough to make run off readings pointless then an not be used as a guide?
This means theirs no way to guage where your medium was at nutrint wise?

Thanks bud šŸ™

Yes makes sense to me. Iā€™ll start checking and adjusting accordingly. Thanks šŸ¤™šŸ»

Cheers Mr Hobbes, The first part is the point but I would have just treat it the same as most soiless mediums.. so the peat moss breaks down fast enough to make run off readings pointless then an not be used as a guide?
This means theirs no way to guage where your medium was at nutrint wise?

Thanks bud šŸ™
I understand where you're coming from, it's just that the water is going to pick up solids, whether you put them there or not.
I'm not sure how fast peat breaks down, but you're measuring ppm, which is really tiny amounts, so any additional solids are going to throw off your results.
It also doesn't tell you what is in the runoff. If your plant is using all the calcium you're putting in, but ony half of the potassium, and you cut your feed based on the high ppm of potassium in the runoff, you're going to get a deficiency.

Update: Day 89

Looking good.

Lolli-popped the GSC like crazy. Thinned her out drastically too. Pics donā€™t do justice! Coming along nicely. The Banner OG is just about finished so the GSC will have the tent to herself shortly. Once that happens I will move her to the centre and spread her out even more under the net. Kind of wish I had used a 7 gallon pot now but I think sheā€™ll be ok. Buds are looking lovely and plentiful, at least for me. Probably the most bud sites Iā€™ve ever had on one plant. Hopefully this grow continues with very few complications. Iā€™m really hoping to get some tight dense buds this time. My buds always seem to be airy to a certain extent. Not sure why this continues to happen. Hence the reason that for this grow I have increased lighting and used more intensity than I have before. Come on baby.

IMG_5318.jpeg

IMG_5320.jpeg

IMG_5306.jpeg

IMG_5313.jpeg

Update day 95

Been busy lately and laid up for a few days, thatā€™s the reason I was slacking. Back to it.
Plodding along. The GSC recovered beautifully from her major trimming. She looks lip Smacking good. Looking forward to getting her re-arranged under the netting soon. Also purchased some Big Bud and gave her the first dose yesterday.

The Banner had her first little chop a few days ago. Took the tallest branch off and trimmed her up to dry. Probably taking the rest down Monday or Tuesday. Really wish the buds would tighten up some more but itā€™ is what it is.

IMG_5414.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom