Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

Re: Aberration Goes ker Bloom! - 2009

Aberration, you have a beautiful garden going on. Those plants are little monsters. I think you need to check the PH of your soil..Even though you are feeding them a ton of things you may be locking some of them out. Have you given them a good flush lately? The peroxide would be a good idea too, I agree with Pan and think the roots may be getting tight in there... You have your hands full and are doing a hell of a job.. :peace:

Aberration, I like the way you're documenting each thing you're doing. Is this a text export from the PLC or PC control program that you're posting?

Scientific curiosity here

pan4gold49: I understand. I'll get some H2O2.

Be IRIE: No, they have never been flushed. But I do have a gallon of Clearex I've never opened. Is that what you mean, or just water?

Soniq420: My software is very rudimentary and very much in development still. It's pretty much verbatim what I log for myself. I just sanitize it and then copy it into a post.

As a matter of fact:
Code:
5/31/09
--------------
KK and OC1-5 are ready.

-> KK:
1. Pre-flush: 3/4 gal. 
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH 6.26 @ 19.8 C

2. Add 2 handfulls worm castings(toss on soil surface).

3. Feed: 1 gal.
   Per gal:
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 3  t  Notrazyme
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Biggest Bloom
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  T  Bioactive
	3/4 t  Carbon sweet
	3/4 t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  Companion
   Add Bioactive to 1351 ppm.
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.21 @ 23.3 C

-> OC1, OC2:
1. Feed: Wet to saturation.
   Per gal:
	 1  T  Pure Blend Pro Grow
   748 ppm, brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.22 @ 20.0 C

-> OC3, OC4, OC5:
   Per gal:
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 2  t  Notrazyme
	 1  oz yucca
   Bio 1-5-1 to 800 ppm, pH 6.27 @ 18.3 C

That was an unedited copy/paste from today. At the moment, I just log everything in that fashion to a plain text file. Then I copy/paste height data into a spreadsheet and screenshot the chart. It's low tech, I know, but it works well. It'll be a while before I have software to do this - but a data entry module has been conceptualized. ;)

I even keep track of who needs what at the end of the file. Looks like this:

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
======================================================================================================================
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO BTI!!!!!!!!!  : KK, GV, L, POG1, POG2, PG4, MTO1, MTO2, MTO3, MTO4, MTO5, MTO6, OC1, OC2, OC3, OC4, OC5, MTN1, MTN2

Transplant!!!!!!!!!!!    : MTO1, MTO2, MTO3, MTO4, MTO5, MTO6, OC1, OC2, OC3, OC4, OC5, MTN1, MTN2

Thank you all for the interest and suggestions.

:peace:

6/3/09
------
Feed all the bloomers.
Code:
-> KK, POG1, POG2, PG4, L, GV:
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH 6.27 @ 19.8 C

2. Add 2 handfulls worm castings(toss on soil surface).

3. Feed: 1 gal.
   Per gal:
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 3  t  Notrazyme
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Biggest Bloom
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  T  Bioactive
	3/4 t  Carbon sweet
	3/4 t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  Companion
   Add Bioactive to 1365 ppm.
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.20 @ 19.9 C

SS854099.JPG

SS854102.JPG

SS854103.JPG

SS854108.JPG

I figured out that Clearex is not for the same things as H2O2. I need to use some peroxide. I totally forgot about it this evening.

I'm surprised no one had any comments about the fat stem bases on the two veg plants. I still haven't figured out if that is good or bad. They seem to growing alright though.

Code:
        Height
Plant	(in.)
--------------
L	29.5
POG1	37.5
POG2	38
PG4	26.5
GV	37
KK	32

Took pH and ppm readings using the soil samples I gathered
on 5/31/09, and converted them to EC as well:

Plant	 pH  @ t(C)	ppm	 EC	(as Hanna, so 
------------------------------------  1.0 EC = 500 ppm --> .5
L	6.44 @ 24.4	416	.83	 conversion)
POG1	6.24 @ 23.4	263	.53
POG2	6.35 @ 23.0	278	.56
PG4	6.57 @ 23.3	409	.82
GV	6.37 @ 23.1	339	.68
KK	6.32 @ 23.8	353	.71

So they aren't growing vertically. Thank heavens, they are growing flowers though. :D

The pH is all around a bit high, so I will lower my target range for application to 6.1-6.2. I'm afraid to push too low. I think a good bit of it is that I didn't ramp them up in ppm early enough. They never showed any real nutrient burn, and mostly never even got that dark green. I just didn't keep up and now they don't have enough N reserves. I'm going to chase them up past 1400 ppm and see what they will take. I'm not quite sure why GV is drying so slowly (5-6 days!). The rest may not be keeping the pace of KK, but they are all a sight faster than GV.

those buds are looking amazing!
Looks good man.

Thanks. I'm trying to do well. I need to grow enough to supply me through the next bloom cycle and a bit extra. I have a ways to go. I smoke a lot of weed.

Yes plant do stop the vertical strech usally in the 3rd or 4th week of flowering.

Thanks for that info. I don't know how I missed that tidbit, but I'll remember now.

6/3/09
------
The power was out here for most of the day today, and it came on 2 hours after my lights usually come on in the bloom room. I'm sure they will be OK - I just hope it doesn't happen again tomorrow. They were forecasting more winds. Zoinks!

I had been feeding two plants (OC1 & OC2) the Pure Blend Pro instead of the complicated recipe I was using on the others. I had picked these two as equals to OC3 & OC4 for comparison. I've already concluded that the PBP is perfectly satisfactory for veg, and certainly easier and faster (not to mention cheaper) than the other way. As such, I'll probably be feeding my veg plants PBP with occasional amendments from now on.

I'm going to be gone a couple days. I'm going to the Ashland Shakespeare Festival to see 3 plays this weekend with my wife. As long as the power stays on and I water a small number of veg plants tonight, I should be fine. Therefore:
Code:
-> MTN1, OC1, OC2, OC3, OC4, OC5:
   Per gal:
	 1.5 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
	  .5 t Companion
   997 ppm (!), brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.15 @ 18.9 C
That seems strong, but:
  1. It's less than the 'mature dose'
  2. They haven't shown signs of burn
  3. I have a history of underfeeding
I suspect they will survive.

As long as the power holds up and nothing fails, I'm golden. I have a helper who is going to be here. He can handle anything I can as long as I'm on the other end of the phone, so I'm not worried.

Oh, and one more thing:

SS854110-kk.JPG

In the background you can see the Christmas tree-shaped Lavender, and in the back right is Cousin It-shaped Gravity. Look closely and you can see the Kaia Kush in the foreground as separate. Pretty much all the dark little buds in this pic are on the KK. It's a big open bush. Guess where the apical meristem (top) is?

In the foreground, bottom left-ish. :winkyface: It's the lowest significant branch, and there are a lot of them just as big. It's only day 30, so maybe it will give me some bigger buds by then. It's downright magical.

great growing! love your room, glad to see you having successes!

The plays were great. I saw The Music Man, Henry VIII, and Don Quixote. Fantastic!

All looks well here. OC2 has wilted, but not fatally I think. I'll be doing a big feed of the veg later. It should be fine.

Took clones from all the big veg plants except OC2 (due to the wilting; in a few days, I hope) so I have 2 clones each of MTN1, OC3, and OC4, and 3 clones each of OC1 and OC5. Total of 12 clones. I'm just looking for the fast and healthy ones this time - I'm not expecting to keep them all. I mostly want practice with growing and cloning, plus I need to restrain the large veg plants to stay legal.

I need to think about a naming scheme. Every plant should have a unique name, but it need not be more complex than that. I also need a system of tracking lineage. I initially thought of using genealogy software, but I need to be able to indicate clone relationships, so I'll need to look at the software to see if it will work. We already have such a program in use for tracking our own ancestors. I'll let you know how that comes out.

Feeding time. Started with veg this time. MTO5 & MTO6 are not ready yet, nor are GV or PG4. M says I should let them get close to wilt, or I'll have root rot. I'm dithering on the H2O2, because it is recommended against in soil/organic as it kills all micro life, even the good stuff. Also, M says it's fine if you have an emergency, but otherwise it's better to just let them dry out instead. Since both GV and PG4 are still packing on the bud nicely, we're just going to let them be. If they want to feed that slowly, then so be it.

So:
Code:
-> OC1, OC2, OC3, OC4, OC5, MTN1, MTN2, MTO1, MTO2, MTO3, MTO4:
   Per gal:
	 1.5 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
	  .5 t Companion
   1050 ppm, brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.20 @ 18.8 C

-> L, POG1, POG2, KK:
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH 6.17 @ 19.0 C

2. Feed: 1 gal.
   Per gal:
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 3  t  Notrazyme
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Biggest Bloom
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  T  Bioactive
	3/4 t  Carbon sweet
	3/4 t  Cal-Mag
	1/2 t  Companion
   Add Bioactive to 1395 ppm.
   Brought up with liquid lime to pH 6.11 @ 19.9 C

POG1 has a serious lean. I need to get some bamboo stakes.

:goodjob:amazed at this grow of yours so much info to take in, you are indeed a very busy grower with a beautiful looking garden and very tasty buds i'm sure crop prosper is imminent ++reps:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom