I’ve just been trawling for them... found lots of mentions, not many pics.

Search media.

I like this one ... :cheesygrinsmiley: She has a bunch of pics near harvest, and Johnw has some good ones, too.

full

Update: Northern Lights Auto (day 17)
LST begins
:rollit:

2-3 days ago I began the LST on the NLa.

I’m still new to doing autos like this and I am following the basic tenets from Shed’s LST guide.

In the past I’ve been either late or early in starting this routine and while I may be a little late again this time, I’m indoors with much more light than the outdoor attempts got, so I’m really hoping I get it going better!

Pre-bend

First gentle bend

It’s still variegated, maybe it’s growing out of it maybe it’s not. Time will tell.

Second gentle bend

I am taking it a little further each day. Today will be day 3 of bending. I gave it a little DeStress this morning :love: to help it cope with the tension :laughtwo:

It’s a nicely vigorous plant with good branching and not yet showing any pistils, like the othe 2 autos already are. This augers well for the LST success!

:love:
:Namaste:

Pretty cool! I've never grown autos before. Have a couple in my own personal seed vault that I've received as freebies or what not over the years, but haven't touched 'em. Might have to watch how yours turn out and then give them a try. I like the idea of LST on them though. From what I've heard over the years, they dont like to be messed with too much.

I used a rock when outside ;) I like the rock too :) It was cold out... :passitleft:
Pretty cool!
:thumb: here’s hoping! Check out Shed’s guide that I linked. Some folks around here have grown some incredible autos this way. Autos can be a bit of a crap shoot, but getting more reliable by the day it seems. All my autos are bonus freebies :love: Except the DDA - well, they were free because they’re a prize, but I choose those :D

plants are looking mighty nifty!
Hey Magnus! :thanks: And thanks for dropping by ... :welcome: to here!

:thumb: That’s a nice rock :)

These were my first attempt, outdoors. I had 2 seeds of a strain planted together in a 7gal pot. It went pretty well, but not enough sun really and I think i started the LST too early. It worked tho - just not particularly large in the end.

so dont take those as an example!

From what I've heard over the years, they dont like to be messed with too much.

and actually now that i think again about it, that’s exactly why Shed says he advocates for this style of LST w autos because it can be a very low impact way of increasing yield. :thumb: Those ones of mine were bent too far too young I believe.

Training is looking great so far. Shes nice and happy!
:high-five: Thanks Heavenly.

I’m getting the itch to drop some autos too. But I also just placed an order for new photos... decisions, decisions. I need another tent.
:laughtwo: IKR! I have 1 3x3

I started w autos for some quick fun. I’ll probably always do that when transitioning from outside to in, to help stagger the start of the photoperiods. So much think about :).

Update: Early Miss day 18 :nerd-with-glasses:

Definitley an early miss! Early Miss is so named because 1., it’s fast and 2., it can tolerate the cold so can be planted early season. It is also, I’m discovering, absolutely a morning plant. These are couple of iPhone quick snaps at 530am today, one hour into lights on.

It wakes up that perky every morning.

I’m trying to stretch all the plants until later this week for their first drench and they’re getting close. My helper checked them today and reported that Early Miss was definitely the lightest. I checked the Sour Bubba and it doesn’t have much weight left in it to my arms - which are weak - and my friend said they felt close to ‘filled with feather-boas’ so they all got a ‘Transwater’ dribble, which is a weak Transplant Drench - literally 5drops TP + 1 drop of Tea in 1 cup of water, split between 4 pots. This was drizzled around the outsides of the pots. 1/4 cup each. That should hold them a few days till a good soaking.

I mention that bit of general garden info here because after I had done this (Doh!) I noticed very slight tip burn on the Early Miss. It’s no big deal, but had I seen it first I might have given 1/4 cup of just water to that one.

I have such fond memories of the smells of this one - I’m nearly 3 weeks in, that’s almost halfway! :D:laughtwo:

:laughtwo: For sure! This one is one of the fastest tho - that’s why I’m starting w it - quick rewards.

I’m probably somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2way TBHm just getting excited :D The breeder says 6-7weeks, so i expect it might go a bit longer but am hopeful! Either way, 4-5weeks away.

It’s more common to see breeders claim anywhere from 8-10 weeks from seed to harvest and also common to find even slightly longer ones. People harvest DDAs anywhere from 70 days to 100, for example. SO there is a lot of variation.

We’ll find out in a few weeks just how fast it is! :popcorn:

:laughtwo: For sure! This one is one of the fastest tho - that’s why I’m starting w it - quick rewards.

I’m probably somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2way TBHm just getting excited :D The breeder says 6-7weeks, so i expect it might go a bit longer but am hopeful! Either way, 4-5weeks away.

It’s more common to see breeders claim anywhere from 8-10 weeks from seed to harvest and also common to find even slightly longer ones. People harvest DDAs anywhere from 70 days to 100, for example. SO there is a lot of variation.

We’ll find out in a few weeks just how fast it is! :popcorn:

Wiggle room for harvest is always good. Some prefer to take them a lil earlier than others, some prefer a little later. But still, a very fast plant to grow overall.

Update: Sour Bubba day 17 :ganjamon:

Good morning fine 420 folks. We’ve got morning and evening pics of the Sour Bubba today, taken yesterday. It wakes up droopy and goes to sleep looking like it’s ready to party. Usually the last few hours of the day it will be ‘praying’ to the light.

It’s almost ready for it’s UBT :popcorn:

Later that day...

This definitely has the appeal of the Bubba going on. I’m not familiar with ESCD at all, in terms of growing it, so I don’t really know what to look for there in terms of traits, I suppose I could do a bit of photo ‘research‘ :). I do know, though, that these slightly broad and velvety leaves were a feature of my Bubba Hash in it’s early veg.

I’ll probably chop the top few nodes in 4-5 days. I’ll give an overview of the UBT process then. It stands for Uncle Ben’s Topping method. It’s been around and documented on the internet for years (decades actually) and gives similar results to quadlining but is a bit more gentle, less labour intensive, and less time consuming (takes less time out of the grow). So, next update on SB it will likely have had the chop!

I hope everyone’s weekend was restorative, if anyone can actually tell that it was the weekend, that is! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom