something in the 'Destress' spray you used that could be approximated from something else in the garden store as I am not sure if that is a product available here in NZ?
Hey Stunger - it’s a good question. This DeStress spray is part of a grow system called Doc Bud’s High Brix Blend and the spray doesn’t really work outside that system - so not getting it in NZ isnt a problem.

It’s designed to support and promote vegetative growth and is derived from
DeStress Foliar: Kelp, phosphoric acid, PGR's (kelp based natural plant growth regulators ... auxins, kinens, etc.), dextrose

So while it wouldn’t be the same as the way this DS spray works within the finely-tuned DBHBB system, I use kelp (seaweed) and other plant derived foliars outdoors and plan to again and I would guess that a nice kelp foliar a few days before planned stressful events will most certainly help. Finding or making one that incorporates some of those other elements would be even better most likely.

fresh looking in all the right places
:thumb: :thanks:

SB has been growing like an absolute champ and because I waited for the new moon to enter the most favourable moment, it was happily popping out it’s 7th node before I chopped it! The usual UBT method says to allow 4-6nodes to grow before topping, I think.
Thanks for sharing Amy :Namaste: I'll be following the UBT method with interest. I also need to check out what gardening by the moon is all about.

Update: Northern Lights Auto LST

I started bending the NLa on day 17 and it’s now up to day 26 and mostly flat.

It hasn’t started flowering yet so that is fantastic, allowing me time to start spreading out the branches. It’s a very twisty bushy thing and still shows the leaf colour variegation.

I have snapped pics every couple of days to track it so I’m just going to dump them in (I hope!) chronological order. Each time I took a side-view, a Saugaview® and an up-from-under-view :nerd-with-glasses:

Day 24 it was time to start tying down some side branches. This is before.

And this is day 24 after training some side branches.

These next were taken this morning, day 26.

Very bushy and very tightly spaced so far. I have removed 2-3 leaves that were just in the way of everything and trying to leaf-tuck apart from that. It naturally twisted itself at one point, too, so 2 nodes in a row face the same way now so I didn’t have to remove the branch underneath :)

I’m not sure at what stage I should start removing the lower secondary shoots on the side branches. It feels like I should do some of that now, with some of them at least, but I don’t want to over stress the plant either.

I’m going to post this in Shed’s LST thread as well so should get some input there as well.

A note that these AirPots are challenging the innovations for training. I originally just hooked a bent pipe cleaner into one of the side holes and this works well. It’s easy to know it out tho so that wasnt going to be sustainable. IN the end I tied a piece of hemp string around the top and have the pop cleaners hooked over that, it seems to work!

I have no idea what to expect from this. I haven’t executed the method very sucesfully in the past but this one has better light so I expect that will make a difference.

Now it’s just the ‘whack-a-mole’ routine of keeping the tops even :popcorn:

:love:
:Namaste:

I don't grow autos, but looking at that plant, I'm thinking I'd goose it hard with growth nutes at this point. Wouldn't that promote maximum growth while it's in the window?

Whaddya think? It looks great!

I don't grow autos, but looking at that plant, I'm thinking I'd goose it hard with growth nutes at this point. Wouldn't that promote maximum growth while it's in the window?

Whaddya think? It looks great!
:thumb: That’s what’s next - well actually it’s supposed to be a plain water (transwater) next but I’m already thinking of skipping that and going straight for a GE. There’s not a lot of time for cycles w an auto and I didn’t set them up the way I had planned. So yes, I agree that a Growth drench now as it’s probably about to hit the stretch could be a good idea. I’ll do it for the other autos as well - they have already had a big stretch and haven’t seen any Growth Ionic drench yet!

:thumb: Double it up. At least. Some browned tips won't hurt at this point. A Brix spray next day would be timely, too. That new growth looks like it has potential.

:thumb: Foliars are a few days off so the timing should work out ok on that.

I actually have a thing to run by you, and any other kit users around, about my soil, ok? Just see if I’m reading something ‘right’, out of curiosity more than anything. I used Snake Oil on the Bubba Hash a few times. Stoney suggested it and it responded really well to it. I’m seeing some fading on lower Sour Bubba leaves - nothing major at all, but I saw it the same on the BH, so I am planning to give the SB a micro SO dose or 2.

Here’s my theory about it: I don’t have ProMix. I ammeded with straight Carbonated Calcium (limestone). ProMix has a combination of Limestone and Dolomite Lime so the initial buffering has a slightly different balance perhaps and is low on the Mg. This is second-run soil so I dont know if that would still be making any difference, it just got my curiosity going when I found myself looking at SB and thinking ... :hmmmm: Snake Oil... I’ll show a pic of what I’m talking about in the next update - kind of faded marbled pattern. Anyway - could have naught to do w that, but it’s somethin’.

I see that same marbling, and the leaves don't have the shine they should have either. It hadn't occurred to me about the SO but yeah, good thinking! It looks like it's gathering its haunches for a leap, so it'd be nice to have the right stuff available if it does.

Plants are looking beautiful, Amy, and nice work on the UBT's! :welldone:

Really nice sequence of pics Amy, especially the last couple post topping showing their recovery.

Is there something in the 'Destress' spray you used that could be approximated from something else in the garden store as I am not sure if that is a product available here in NZ? I have never given any consideration for when I have carried out a topping but it makes good sense if there is something suitable available that can help it's recovery. I wonder if even a foliar feed given before and after be better than nothing? Cheers.

I don't believe it's organic but for stress, checkout SuperThrive which you can find at just about any home/garden store and is cheap (a little goes a long way!). ;)

Wow Amy those ladies are really starting to take off! I love the training your doing on the plants, they look like they are responding very well to it. Whats the most you have ever harvested off an autoflowering plant before, and how many days did you grow it? Just curious, I was thinking about grabbing some but Ive never had good luck growing autos.

see that same marbling, and the leaves don't have the shine they should have either.
Yes - in that NL it’s also the variegation. The Sour Bubba shows the marbling most. I’ll get a pic later :)
SO but yeah, good thinking! It looks like it's gathering its haunches for a leap, so it'd be nice to have the right stuff available if it does.
:thumb:

Plants are looking beautiful, Amy, and nice work on the UBT's! :welldone:
thanks Krip! The Sour Bubba has me pretty excited!

Hey Amy! That lst look great to me! :thumb:
:hippy: I’ll use a rock, like Shed and Filipe do, next time. I’ve done it before, it was not a great decision to leave it out I think.
Wow Amy those ladies are really starting to take off! I love the training your doing on the plants, they look like they are responding very well to it. Whats the most you have ever harvested off an autoflowering plant before, and how many days did you grow it? Just curious, I was thinking about grabbing some but Ive never had good luck growing autos.
Thanks LED! I’m no expert w autos. I think about 2oz is my peak :laughtwo: I grow them for quick turn around because I won lots of seeds. I use them also to tryout different lines. I grow DDA because I must. :cheesygrinsmiley: most folks get small to medium with the DDA, but occasionally we see bigger ones - usually in some kind of chelated nutes set-up. Anyway, they’re fun but unreliable - I can get on board w that!

what gardening by the moon is all about.
Moon gardening involves using the cycles of the moon to guide what kind of activity is happening in the garden with regard to different kinds of plants.

The lore has been around for aeons and is somewhat supported by research that shows differences in the activity of water movement in plants depending on whether the moon is waxing or waning.

Planting and transplanting is usually done during the new moon phase. Also pruning for new growth is best done during this phase.

Weeding and cutting back is best done during the waning moon – indeed it is especially best done at the end of the waning cycle, during the dark moon. I can almost guarantee you that if you do careful weeding during the dark moon it will be massively easier and you will have very little recurrence.

There are many nuances within that based on plant type and the astrological sign that the moon is in at the time, but that’s the basics.
:Namaste:

Interesting...
This is probably a dumb question, but do the moon phases matter to indoor plants, or
is it just the outdoor girls that benefit from it?
*edit- I mean is it a gravitational thing, or is it a "light" thing?

Back
Top Bottom