Flowers! :yummy:

Early Miss already smells lovely! Lemongrass and lavender with just a hint of tropical fruits.

It has stayed pretty squat - I may have stalled the stretch when I changed the lights b/c of the DDA. Like I said it took me by surprise! :eek: Regardless, it looks set to build some nice satellite buds and a decent little main cola. It’s very cute and super perky!

Dark Devil auto droops extremely at the end of everyday. It seriously looks like it’s wilted the last few hours. But it isn’t. The soil is still moist and it is always perky again in the morning. I’m wondering if it’s just light-tired. It’s definitely getting more light intensity than the others. I haven’t had the heart to take a photo of it :battingeyelashes: so you’ll have to take my word

That’s one phenomena - the other phenomena is the curled down tips that happened on a few mid-level fan leaves (and only on the central longest frond). I wondered if this was also in response to light intensity. It happened as the Transplant drench settled in as well, so maybe that was rich for it. Maybe it’s something else entirely.

None of it matters a great deal, just observations. I have plenty of time to work with it and help it build flowers.

It’s pretty amazing to me that a plant can develop to this stage so fast. I guess it’s not really surprising it might have trouble keeping up with itself sometimes! Happens to the best of us, right? :D

Leaves down low are shinier than leaves up top I’m noticing. You can kind of tell that here.

I was deleting files and got to my ‘camera-settings’ experiment from last week. I found this one of the DDA that I must have missed. I shared a darker version of it before. This one is almost straight out of the camera. (Blacks turned up a bit to help disappear the background).

Getting the updates together helped to get me motivated today :) The DDA dusty pink probably helped as well...
:bongrip:
Weekends are always more indulgent for me :bongrip: It’s the middle of Sunday here and I plan to go soak in a bath full of epsoms, my CBD and THC infused topical oils, and a few choice essential oils...The Bubba Hash chocolatey flavours in the vape will float me right away...

I’m wishing something equally blissful for all of you :circle-of-love:

Speaking of floating away, we haven’t seen a critter in the journal for a minute so here’s a little something I snapped a couple of day ago outside my room. It is literally about 3-4” across And has been there every day for weeks it seems. It is extremely tiny. So much so my camera had a lot of trouble focusing. The tiny spider was flying up and down as the web billowed in the breeze like a parachute!

View media item 1775329
:love:
:Namaste:

leaves look great on the DDA. Mine started clawing shortly after the stretch began.
Thanks Caddie! I have had that happen on a DDA as well. The leaves in the flowers, some of them anyway, were curled down the entire grow.
see if you can keep them looking that good through flowering. No pressure...:cheesygrinsmiley:
:nervous-guy: :laughtwo: I’ll do my best!

I had to drop a supplement.

I‘ve noticed purple/red in the petioles on the Sour Bubba which I don’t believe is genetic and can be a sign of poor phosphorous uptake. Phosphorous uptake, according to good authority, is temperature dependent - too cool temps in the rootzone will hinder it. I didn’t think I was getting below 68º overnight but the last couple of nights have been colder and last night I fell asleep without putting the heater on so it did get cold for a bit (I woke up at midnight and got my fireplace going for a while :) ). I’ll aim to correct it and if that’s what it is, upcoming drench and foliar should fix things.
:thumb:

Beautiful bud photos of Early Miss and DDa - I love the black background. :love:

Thanks for your detailed journaling of UBT for Sour Bubba and LST for your little NL auto. I've been trying to figure out how, and particularly when, to do LST on an auto. I've just been too hesitant because they are so small and then start to flower so soon. This will certainly give me a little more confidence when I decide to try it. I might even give UBT a try (on a photo of course) someday as well! :thanks:
It has stayed pretty squat ... Regardless, it looks set to build some nice satellite buds and a decent little main cola. It’s very cute and super perky!
I really like the shape of Early Miss. My autos seem to just grow straight and narrow, kinda like your DDa.

unavailable or expensive apparently.
oh well - let me know if you find any!

And i totally missed that it was your fIrst visit Reave so a warm welcome to my perpetual to you! :welcome: I‘m always happy to have your very bright self hanging out in my garden :)
Beautiful bud photos of Early Miss and DDa
:thanks:
black background. :love:

:thumb: I’m going to put a post in the photo thread about how i am using my camera settings to do that. Those pics were actually taken in the very bright light from the tent (setup just outside the tent) ;)

Great pics of some beautiful plants, Amy -I really like the way that Early Miss is growing !

I bring my outdoor plant into the patio room every night,and every morning there's an elaborate spider web from the plant to the wall- I apologize to the spider every morning for destroying his handiwork, but he just keeps building that web, every night. Apparently he likes to keep busy....

It’s pretty amazing to me that a plant can develop to this stage so fast.
They really are amazing - If one had the time and patience, I think you could actually see them grow...

Those autos are lookin good and The pictures are always top notch! You’ll be trimming in no time. Makes me think about how long I have until I start seeing buds on my plants and it makes me a lil sad lol. I guess I’ll survive by watching yours for now :ganjamon:

Those autos are lookin good and The pictures are always top notch! You’ll be trimming in no time. Makes me think about how long I have until I start seeing buds on my plants and it makes me a lil sad lol. I guess I’ll survive by watching yours for now :ganjamon:

Start some Autos, LED! You’ll be trimming in August instead of October.

Hi 209, Honestly it’s more than half the reason I am starting with them. THe desire to see some buds quickly! I had a big loss at the end of the outdoor season so need to get some buds into jars. Early Miss was the fastest seed I had :D

Im sorry to hear that. I know what it’s like to have a big loss, it sucks. My jars are getting to be the same way, makes me realize how far away October is lol. I’d like to be able to not use the shed this winter, we will see :)!

Start some Autos, LED! You’ll be trimming in August instead of October.

I’ve been curious about this for a while now. what’s the average number of days you grow the auto plants. I wonder if I can grow a photo period plant in the same amount of time. 50 days? 100 days? See if they can match yields

The fastest Auto I’ve grown was 81 days - Auto Kryptonite from Pyramid seeds. Most typically take 90-115 days from seed to harvest.
So let’s say average 100 days. with a photo plant that has a 8 week veg time I’d have basically a month or so to start it before I initiate flower. Hmmmm very interesting (I only ask because I do not have any autoflowering seeds)

Quickie Update :rollit:
Hello good folks

For the record:
Northern lights auto is flowering in earnest now, at day 34 and just starting to stretch. Seedaman say 8.5weeks from seed to flower, so we will see.

On Monday afternoon just gone, I turned on the Samsung strips and raised the light.

On that same day Sour Bubba and NLa had a regular strength Growth Ionic Drench, with 1/4 TP added, they both seem to have liked it. The 2 flowering autos, DDA and Early Miss, were also nearly dry so they both got a Transwater (1/4 strength TP). They’re both happy afterwards as well. DDA is letting go of the curl on those leaves. That could be due to liking the transwater drench or because I changed it’s relationship to the light and it’s not getting so hot - I changed 2 things so i’ll never really know.

It’s now 6am Wednesday morning here and I gave them all a Brix foliar at lights on, 90minutes ago. Sour Bubba and NLa had a tiny dose of Snake Oil in theirs. (I used 1oz/30ml rainwater + 1ml Brix and after spraying the DDA and Early Miss I added 3-4 drops of SO. I have about half of that solution leftover.)

A few quick-snap phone pics this morning.

My plan has me changing the lights to 11/13 anytime during the next 2week period. I am pretty sure I’ll let it go another full 2 weeks and let the Sour Bubba develop just a bit more. 10 days to 2 weeks should be good. Then it’s 11/13 from seed for whatever is left.

:love:
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom