Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Strains

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

Wow did our tent smell when I opened it today! Incredible.

2 NL, 1 CC and the Revolver got fed and watered, full strength grow nutes again. Keep reading I should stay with grow nutes until the flowering stretch is slowing or stopped, so I figured one more wouldn't hurt. Rev is just starting to show her lady parts, so she's for sure still on grow nutes.

Britney could have had another soaking, but still a bit heavy and set back a bit from her accident.

Droopy is taking in yesterday's water and feed well, still a droopy plant and now smelling a bit like cat urine. Not sure I'm a fan of that. Stress response I'm guessing? Right from germination she's been a generally unhappy and somewhat unpleasant girl, pretty sure she's related to my ex. Pretty, but a ton of work to try to keep happy.

Tonight's pics:

Family:

First four, all are 39 days from when we noticed them sprout:

Our two best, untouched by training girls. 21 and 26 inches tall respectively. One CC and one NL.

Droopy. Meh.

Pale girl needs a new name!

The last two, Revolver is 29 days and Britney (Early Miss) is 32 days.

Rev still making tops. Moving the gardening wire around a little bit just so it's not in the exact same spot for multiple days. Not sure if we're supposed to leave her strapped, or when to release her.

Britney still strapped down as well.

We had them out and up on a table for feeding, and the way the light from the tent was lighting them was amazing.

Couldn't capture how beautiful on any camera we had around. Again, ignore the state of the basement around 'em.

Can't help but notice the two hairs (actual hairs, not pot girly hairs) in this shot. With a dog, two cats and us, it's a daily battle to keep the hair in the house out of the tent.

Back in the tent with their tops leveled off again:

Overall, I'm over the moon.

:party:

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

Well, I've got some unfortunate news for your future visit or citizenship, we definitely have four distinct seasons here.

I'm down for a change, got a 40C heat wave coming in Thursday through to Saturday night, hopefully the weather people are off, plants aren't gonna like it.

They have recoverd quite well, it was touch and go there for a while I think. Don't tell anyone, but I did have some doubts it'd go even this well.

I know that feeling, feels even better once they are doing well though! Good work on getting them back to loving life.

Me too, I enjoy my visits with RTK and Jbiz! You are going to have some great Nuggs for harvest. Brit Brit has bounced back and is going strong.

Excellent! We definitely enjoy it when you're hanging out with us, particularly the girls. They seem to think of you as a real ladies man.

I'm down for a change, got a 40C heat wave coming in Thursday through to Saturday night, hopefully the weather people are off, plants aren't gonna like it.

You say that now, but -40C here is only a month or two away. Not all of Canada suffers that much of course, well at least the livable parts.

I know that feeling, feels even better once they are doing well though! Good work on getting them back to loving life.

Only through the kindness of strangers, who i now think of as part of the family!

Ha, it's 39 deg F now, I do miss summer. But my tent is quite easy to keep cool now. Summer means using AC. Enjoy the cheap growing season.

Had to go to the google converter for that temp, +4C. We're sitting at -6C or 21F, on our way to making the scales match if this El Nino doesn't hold.

I love winter. Tent is at 1000w and fans are not running. It's hard to keep 73 deg F. I love it.

We're only a month and a half into this hobby, so we've only experienced fall and pseudo-winter temps in the basement. Previously it was storage and laundry only. Never spent more than 5 minutes or less down there.

Now it's the most popular spot in the house.

great update man the lady's get noticably bigger every time i see them brotha. the droopy plants are a bit weird but im sure you'll be the environment/watering or whatever is happening out. o and love the vids always! :Namaste:

great update man the lady's get noticably bigger every time i see them brotha. the droopy plants are a bit weird but im sure you'll be the environment/watering or whatever is happening out. o and love the vids always! :Namaste:

That means a lot coming from you. I was shooting for decent, if I made great that's awesome!

I've still got hope for Droopy. She's a bit of an ugly ducking, but we all know how that story ends...

Roasted duck!

I'm off to check out your latest update vid. I liked it better in some ways when I was behind, then I still had more to watch.

We're only a month and a half into this hobby, so we've only experienced fall and pseudo-winter temps in the basement. Previously it was storage and laundry only. Never spent more than 5 minutes or less down there.

Now it's the most popular spot in the house.

The craziest thing when you watch them for awhile is when you see leaves suddenly move with a flick. You realize it was under tension and grew enough that the leaf moves! The fact that you can actually see them grow is more captivating than a campfire. You are hooked RTK! I can tell. Mary Jane has you in her clutches and her mind control will never let you stop growing! I think you should name pale girl Trudy in honor of the new PM!

The craziest thing when you watch them for awhile is when you see leaves suddenly move with a flick. You realize it was under tension and grew enough that the leaf moves! The fact that you can actually see them grow is more captivating than a campfire. You are hooked RTK! I can tell. Mary Jane has you in her clutches and her mind control will never let you stop growing! I think you should name pale girl Trudy in honor of the new PM!

What's really funny is last night while we were watering the girls, we were talking about how only 3 of them have names... but now with Trudy there are 4 :thumb:

Trudy is perfect :)

All the plants are looking great now, arteekay and JayBizzle - that's a gorgeous garden you've got there. Good for you, JB, for getting arteekay to drop that first bean -- this is an addictive hobby (the growing, not the medicine) but so much fun!

The craziest thing when you watch them for awhile is when you see leaves suddenly move with a flick. You realize it was under tension and grew enough that the leaf moves! The fact that you can actually see them grow is more captivating than a campfire.

Interesting comparison! Campfires and pot gardens both draw people like a gravity well, are incredibly relaxing despite being work to create and maintain, and both end in a small pile of ashes.

You are hooked RTK! I can tell. Mary Jane has you in her clutches and her mind control will never let you stop growing! I think you should name pale girl Trudy in honor of the new PM!

Mary J has been my main gurl since the 80's when I only saw her as black hash. I really do miss that actually, the feel and smell of 80's hash. If you got pot back then it was because there was no hash around, and it was generally just terrible. None of the extraction techniques I've read or watched produce a product that looks like I remember. I did watch a vid of a couple of Afghani guys with a metal tray of I think keif, a little water, a burner of some kind, and about 20 minutes of hand kneading. The end result of that looked like what I remember.

Anyway, pot has definitely improved and it now makes sense why that style of hash just isn't as around as it was then. Too much work to make and transport when a single seed can produce endless pounds of high quality weed.

Trudy it is. Thanks once again Shig!

Haha go Trudy!

I love the video where Trudeau explains his big prank is falling down stairs. That guy is a riot!

Painful right? But he's gonna make my medicine legal and for that i don't care what else he does. That's now two Justins that are a bit of an embarrassment internationally.

Trudy is perfect :)

All the plants are looking great now, arteekay and JayBizzle - that's a gorgeous garden you've got there. Good for you, JB, for getting arteekay to drop that first bean -- this is an addictive hobby (the growing, not the medicine) but so much fun!

Growing has been a hobby for the last couple of years during the summer, outside and for the benefit of nobody but the birds and the bees. This is an order of magnitude more rewarding.

Your grow is looking very nice man coming along great now your all dialed in.

I think so too, still lots to learn and can't say I won't be back begging for more help, support and encouragement.

Thanks all.

Look at you tube under dry ice hash extration. It's as easy as it gets. I was in HS in the early eighties too and had the two dinner knife method with the top of a 2L bottle cut off. Ha.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Look at you tube under dry ice hash extration. It's as easy as it gets. I was in HS in the early eighties too and had the two dinner knife method with the top of a 2L bottle cut off. Ha.

Very interested in Growchick's Mechanical Dry Ice Hash Machine, seems so much easier than other wetter or potentially explosive methods.

That'll get my halfway there, then I need to figure out the kneading and blackening's exact purpose. I've had bubble and bho, it's just not the same as I remember.

I broke my drug cherry with hot knives, then wasted a year or two skipping class to do more hot knives and play Euchre all afternoon with three buddies.

Not a lot to report, and I like that. Droopy and Trudy were nearly indistinguishable from each other this morning before work, had to look for garden wire to make sure I had them right.

My tallest girl gained another inch or two in a day, she's not getting any more grow nutes. I only have another 6 or 7 inches max that I can raise my light without a major redesign.

Britney needed a feeding and they all got the usual front to back rotation for the fan and a re-leveling of tops.

Tonight's pics

Family:

Tallest girl, not a very attractive girl right now, like a scrawny teenager:

Considerably more full and thick than her sister above, no name girl:

Droopy:

Trudy (had to go back and check, had them backwards the first time):

Rev:

Britney, from both sides:

The airpots on Brit and Rev are going to keep us busy I think.

Looking great but what's that one with chlortic leaves off camera?

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

I'm guessing you mean Trudy, formerly the Pale Girl. She was the canary in the coal mine from a week and a half ago when Shigs pointed out the cold floor. New growth is all green, whatever was pale remained that way but is being swallowed by the new growth. She took a hit, but saved all her sisters from a life of misery.

I should have known, never knew a woman that was happy when her feet were cold.

If I got it wrong, could you point out which picture you're referring to?

Back
Top Bottom