Good looking garden as always Ase. Looks to have it dialed in perfectly.

I feel like I have paid the least attention to my grow this cycle than I ever have. I just haven’t had to do anything because of not really having any issues. I’m loving it as this can be a lot of work sometimes. Thanks for stopping in DB!

That black Jack is a lot bigger than Nirvana describes on their site. I bought some last time so that is going in the tent come fall for sure.

It's always hard for me to tell if the plants are bigger due to genetics or maybe my feed/training routine? It's hard to tell with the stuff on websites because you don't know if it was vegged for 5 weeks or 10 weeks or 20 weeks. What kind of training was done to them that may or may not have slowed them down, lights/ nutrients used, etc. That can make a big difference so I usually only pay attention to grow times for autos as that can really effect the amount of time you can do things before pistols start popping. Our friend @newty just figured this out in an unfortunate way as she thought she had photos and wasn't where she wanted to be with the plants before pistols started popping and realized she has autos.. I like to think the size of the plant has to do with the rootball that has formed before flipping. All of my plants usually go 10 full weeks from flip before I pull them.

You’ve taught me that environment and planning is really the most important thing as well as my experience, if I didn’t have that I would have just threw these monsters out the window. Instead, I switched gears and started to figure out what they needed. #rollwithit

I think all those factors come into play with the size of the plants. Last grow i grew the jock that was supposed to be tall with their northern lights that was supposed to be short and everything ended up about the same height at the end. The nirvana plants seem to have a similar but slighly different structure. They do stretch for a while after the flip though.

This grow with the train wreck and cheese next to a nirvana girl scout cookies sort of confirmed it for me. The train wreck is a big girl as is the cheese. The GSC is catching up though after the flip.

I think all those factors come into play with the size of the plants. Last grow i grew the jock that was supposed to be tall with their northern lights that was supposed to be short and everything ended up about the same height at the end. The nirvana plants seem to have a similar but slighly different structure. They do stretch for a while after the flip though.

This grow with the train wreck and cheese next to a nirvana girl scout cookies sort of confirmed it for me. The train wreck is a big girl as is the cheese. The GSC is catching up though after the flip.

I like to think my training is a big factor in keeping plants all the same height. That's the whole point of it anyways. Maybe if you just let them all grow without doing anything they follow their specs more but I don't know. I've never not topped and trained a plant. There have been a couple strains like the Purple Kush or Blue Dream that got really tall even with the training but most end up the same height and it really helps when running multi-strain grows.

You’ve taught me that environment and planning is really the most important thing as well as my experience, if I didn’t have that I would have just threw these monsters out the window. Instead, I switched gears and started to figure out what they needed. #rollwithit

Exactly. I think the one on the right will be just fine. Not so sure about the one on the left, I think it will be pretty small. Autos seem to keep growing in flower unlike photos so who knows! I am very interested now to see what happens because its an experiment and I love experiments! Always something to learn. Thanks for being the guinea pig ;).

Love it! Love a good bounce back!

#lovecoco

Me too. You think I'd be used to seeing sad plants after stressing them out from my training and defoliation over the last couple years but it still never is fun to look at. The bounce back is always a nice reminder that these things enjoy a little adversity. They always come back so much better and stronger.

Me too. You think I'd be used to seeing sad plants after stressing them out from my training and defoliation over the last couple years but it still never is fun to look at. The bounce back is always a nice reminder that these things enjoy a little adversity. They always come back so much better and stronger.
I think allot of growers do a disservice to their plants by just doing leaf tucking only. You need to get in there and get rid of some of that foliage so the plant has more co2 available. It always comes back stronger. I'm talking indoors only lol

Back
Top Bottom