First off nice work! Looks super. I'm using your chart now btw.
Wow! There is another reason for me to be on this site!?! Wuuut?
You bettcha, I just started voting a little while ago and wow has it exploded! So hard to choose some of these pictures this month!! Such a nice place for eye candy. Plus I like to check out how they got thier monsters!!!
Thanks for the voting reminder.
Best buds to you!
:peace::goodjob:

First off nice work! Looks super. I'm using your chart now btw.
Wow! There is another reason for me to be on this site!?! Wuuut?
You bettcha, I just started voting a little while ago and wow has it exploded! So hard to choose some of these pictures this month!! Such a nice place for eye candy. Plus I like to check out how they got thier monsters!!!
Thanks for the voting reminder.
Best buds to you!
:peace::goodjob:

Thanks Lowded. I hope you have really good success with my feed chart. I think it works pretty well but I’ve only used it with my General Hydroponics nutes. A few people are using my schedule with other nutes though and seem to be having better results than they were getting.

Those contests are really fun and it is hard to vote. It’s only going to get harder too as everyone keeps progressing at such a fast rate and getting such nice plants! The way I learned how to grow was to look at the top couple guys and follow their journals. Seems to be a good recipe for success!

Like Scrog but no limitations on access to the plants. I rotate mine every night.

They’re looking awesome Ase. Do you have a favourite at this point? Seems like Critical Cheese will be your big yielder but I know Blackjack was the early leader. They all look big and frosty.

I know we’ve spoken about it before, but maybe you could post up how you determine when to start flush, and when to harvest? I’m at the point where I’m starting to get milky trichomes on some of my plants.

It has been a real eye opener to compare how I was able to largely stay in the ballpark with you in veg under LED vs my experience now under T5s. Yours are so far ahead of mine. It’s at the point for me where I’ll likely veg for whatever time it takes under the LEDs in the flower tent before I flip to make sure they’re where I want them to be going into flower.

Hi ase. Beautiful journal and girls! Thanks for this example of grow style. I'm loving the scroglessness of it.

The screenless scrog! That was the whole goal with training so I’m glad you noticed! Much appreciated on the compliments on my journal and grow. I’m just here trying to pass on information so everyone that wants to can grow like this. I’m glad you like my style!

The screenless scrog! That was the whole goal with training so I’m glad you noticed! Much appreciated on the compliments on my journal and grow. I’m just here trying to pass on information so everyone that wants to can grow like this. I’m glad you like my style!

I like a plant then can hold its own weight. I told someone the other day I did not even think of it as a style until I seen yours and @DobeWan 's grows. Mine are close to yours and Dobewan's.

Like Scrog but no limitations on access to the plants. I rotate mine every night.

They’re looking awesome Ase. Do you have a favourite at this point? Seems like Critical Cheese will be your big yielder but I know Blackjack was the early leader. They all look big and frosty.

I know we’ve spoken about it before, but maybe you could post up how you determine when to start flush, and when to harvest? I’m at the point where I’m starting to get milky trichomes on some of my plants.

It has been a real eye opener to compare how I was able to largely stay in the ballpark with you in veg under LED vs my experience now under T5s. Yours are so far ahead of mine. It’s at the point for me where I’ll likely veg for whatever time it takes under the LEDs in the flower tent before I flip to make sure they’re where I want them to be going into flower.

The Critical is my current favorite with the BlackJack right behind it. Favorite smell is the Tutankhamon which is super lemony and I love that citrus weed smell. The Critical looks to be the heaviest at the moment but they are all big so it’s tough to tell which one will yield the most right now.

I have some T5 lights and have never even used them. I’ve just always had pretty good success with my LEDs so haven’t tried experimenting much there. Although Derby’s DIY lights I think will be on the docket for me to look into building for one of my tents. I’m going to do a bunch of research now that my computer is up and running. It’s about the only thing I want to play around with at this point as everything else seems to be working really well.

There is a chef who had one of the best resteraunts in the world and he shut it down to change the resteraunt. People thought he was nuts as he sold out the place every night and won a bunch of awards. I need to be like that guy and not get complacent thinking this is the best I can do but it’s hard to change things when they are going so well. So I may experiment with one thing at a time and I think I decided I’ll do that with lights this year. I don’t want to change too many things or it will be hard for me to associate the differences with the changes. I may do LED in veg because that does seem to work awesome and then maybe cobbs for flower.

It’s funny you say that - I’m seriously looking at going that same route and might even pull the trigger in the very near future. The results have me convinced and there’s no way I resolve this veg light issue without new lighting, and I’ve been leaving my tent open due to heat and my wife hasn’t been happy with the resulting smell.

As great as these traditional LEDs have worked out, I’m all about experimenting and refining and to me this is one other piece.

I like a plant then can hold its own weight. I told someone the other day I did not even think of it as a style until I seen yours and @DobeWan 's grows. Mine are close to yours and Dobewan's.

I just wanted the perfect bowl shape without it taking forever in veg to do so. Like you said as well it’s nice to have plants that can pretty much hold their own weight. Light distribution is great and air is able to flow so I think it is a style that checks off all the important things in flower.

It’s funny you say that - I’m seriously looking at going that same route and might even pull the trigger in the very near future. The results have me convinced and there’s no way I resolve this veg light issue without new lighting, and I’ve been leaving my tent open due to heat and my wife hasn’t been happy with the resulting smell.

As great as these traditional LEDs have worked out, I’m all about experimenting and refining and to me this is one other piece.

I specifically have used all LED because any other light would increase my temps too much. My plants stay between 67-78 with the lights on and the tents closed.

Derby’s lights seem great and if they don’t increase the heat then I’d really look hard at them for your situation for sure. I need to get a light meter though and see what my LEDs really give me and then I’ll go from there with my decision.

Oh and I’ll get a post up on the flushing thing soon for ya. Sometime in the next few days.

Girlfriend update! I think she just finished week 3 in flower. You literally can't see the floor of the tent. These likely won't stretch anymore so they are a great size. We did a defoliation today and cleaned up the lower stuff and I forgot to take an after picture but here is what they looked like before! Kinda looks like a screenless scrog right? She did very well in her training but is hesitant about the defoliation and cutting off lower branches, like most people who do it their first times are.

Truthfully she has done 99% of this on her own. I give her a recipe to mix up for the week for feeding and then the defoliating this time was my first real help. I'm anxious to see how she will do in the end as these looked far better than my first time did.

Great looking tent. You have to love the packed foliage. You just keep hitting it out of the park with these grows.

Day 37 Veg Tent A - Day 43 Flower Tent B

Just a quick update as I did some more training and defoliation today. The veg girls are aggressively growing and I will be flipping them likely on Thursday. I will be out of town this weekend and I will either flip before I leave or right when I get back. It'll either be 41 days of veg or 44 days veg. I'll make that call depending on how they bounce back from today. I like to say I have them trained the way I want so I won't touch them until flip (I do this every grow), but I always end up doing something else. I'll do another update when I feel they have bounced back. It should be quick and is always fun to see how they respond during this stage as it is fast.

The White Rhino is growing really fast now but is still staying compact.

The Tri-line Purple Envy seems to be great. I'm actually really liking her shape. Something different than I am used to. Still getting the same training as all of the others.

The Chemdawg is still looking great.

The Super Iced Grapefruit look incredible. It's the front runner right now.

Lastly, I took a quick shot of the Flower girls but it's lights out time so didn't want to disturb them too much. The Anubis buds are reminding me of the Ayahuasca Purple buds I grew in my 2nd grow ever. Like little dense golf balls. The other 3 are filling out really well.

Nice little tri-line:)

I'm becoming partial to the Tri-line this round because it's different. Since it is the Purple Envy it should have some fat colas in flower. I don't know if you remember my last Purple Envy that had mold problems because I left a fan off for weeks but those colas were huge. I hope this one follows suit.

Wow! The flower tent looks tasty! :)

It smells tasty too! Just a few weeks left!

Looking great Ase! How is that Blue Dream from your last harvest coming along? How is that smell?

The smell is still very prominent when I open the jars. Smells just like it did before I chopped it. Everything about the Blue Dream has been great. However, the Crown Royale puts me on the moon. I haven't really tried them all completely separate as my first hit of the day (to get a real gauge) but I the Crown is going to be the winner in terms of my favorite of the bunch. So far Blue Dream during the day has been great and Crown Royale at night. Haven't tried to Super Iced Grapefruit of the Green Crack yet.

Back
Top Bottom