You and newty use some hardware. Those are some big staples. I will look fornsome next time i am in lowes or depot.

I built a wire fence outside to protect animals from getting into my raised beds. These were supposed to be used to make sure they didn't just scoot under the fence. I think I got a pack of 200 and it was way more than I needed. Was looking for something to tie down my plants because traditionally most people use hard pots and can drill holes to attach things to. In fabric pots it's tougher so I saw these laying on the floor and decided to try them out. I do like the addition of the rubber soft ties as they give a little more but if I don't use ones at least this big the plants are so strong and just rip them right out of the ground the next day. Hell, sometimes they still rip these ones out but at least it doesn't seem to happen as much.

Day 4 Flower Tent A - Day 54 Flower Tent B

The girls in Flower Tent A are transitioning to flower nicely. They all have that fresh green starting to pop out of nodes signifying solid growth rates. I expect they will start to stretch kick it up a notch in a couple days. They are all staying about the same height and nice and even so I am really happy with them at the moment.

White Rhino back left. Super Iced Grapefruit front left. Purple Envy front right. Chemdawg back right.

The girls in Flower Tent B are beginning to sag. All of them. The colas are packing on weight and just keep getting bigger. The one that is sagging the most is the Critical Cheese. I think it will finish first and I will likely start flushing it in a couple days. The Anubis and BlackJack will be next together and I think the Tutankhamon will be the last to get flushed and that might be a whole week after the other two. I took some cola shots and you can see what I am talking about in those pictures.

The Whole gang.

Tutankhamon still with a lot of white hairs and the buds are just starting to swell. Haven't checked the trichs yet but I bet they are almost all clear.
Anubis is about tied with the BlackJack.
BlackJack looking almost ready. Some amber hairs and some still white. Not as developed looking as the Critical Cheese which will mean it will need a little longer.
Critical Cheese is the furthest along. I will check the trichs tomorrow and determine if I should start flushing or feed for a couple more days. My guess is that she is ready to get flushed.

Beautiful in there

Isn't it always??? LOL I love looking at the grows going on and learning from them. I look at some of the members grows and I am just amazed by the results. Then I look at your thread with 6 million things going on at once, all the plants, and I have to tell myself that this could go south if I give in to the addiction. I need to go at the pace I feel comfortable legally and keep it there. God I hope they legalize the dang plant here before I die.

Isn't it always??? LOL I love looking at the grows going on and learning from them. I look at some of the members grows and I am just amazed by the results. Then I look at your thread with 6 million things going on at once, all the plants, and I have to tell myself that this could go south if I give in to the addiction. I need to go at the pace I feel comfortable legally and keep it there. God I hope they legalize the dang plant here before I die.

I'm glad you like coming around here Sam. I agree that there are a lot of good journals going on now and great places to learn from. I know that I am especially impressed by most of the coco growers here now.

I'm glad you like coming around here Sam. I agree that there are a lot of good journals going on now and great places to learn from. I know that I am especially impressed by most of the coco growers here now.

I do like keeping tabs on what you're up to. The other members are helpful too. I don't want to rush the summer along as we are still stuck in winter but I can't wait to try some new things out when I have some time come August.

Growing in coco intrigues me. It's about as easy as it gets for the simple reason that it is hydro without all the other stuff that can go wrong. As a grower you focus more on the plants response to what your input is. Next grow I have a laundry list of stuff to try. Great people on this forum.

Morning @Asesino85, uptodate on this journal, but haven't attempted the older ones so howdy.
I'm a fan of light addicts flux, haven't tried it yet as my journals all over the place, more confused than I am...lol

But I came across your favourite pupils thread @DobeWan and followed the trail back to you...:high-five:

Anyway can't grow anymore due to an upcoming operation which is mainly 6 months recovery in the missionary position but part of that rehabilitation involves a bit of walking and standing each day as I'm not allowed to sit for close on 3months.....

But the wicked news is my old grow box I broke her down and reworked it so I could keep busy and new life helps healing post op.
Dimensions are 1 1/4 ft wide, 2 feet deep and 4ft high,and 400w actual CFL, I normally grow outside now only bout cpl months now.Usable head space is 3 1/2 ft and 2 comp fans and a usb fan for inside if necessary.

Good news sir is with that blank canvas of a box I'd like to try my hand at your quadlining and I'd like to become an honorary student if you are up for a challenge Sir. Asesino85.

Would those dimensions appeal to you kind sir....as I'm going to die of boredom in recovery...lol

Morning @Asesino85, uptodate on this journal, but haven't attempted the older ones so howdy.
I'm a fan of light addicts flux, haven't tried it yet as my journals all over the place, more confused than I am...lol

But I came across your favourite pupils thread @DobeWan and followed the trail back to you...:high-five:

Anyway can't grow anymore due to an upcoming operation which is mainly 6 months recovery in the missionary position but part of that rehabilitation involves a bit of walking and standing each day as I'm not allowed to sit for close on 3months.....

But the wicked news is my old grow box I broke her down and reworked it so I could keep busy and new life helps healing post op.
Dimensions are 1 1/4 ft wide, 2 feet deep and 4ft high,and 400w actual CFL, I normally grow outside now only bout cpl months now.Usable head space is 3 1/2 ft and 2 comp fans and a usb fan for inside if necessary.

Good news sir is with that blank canvas of a box I'd like to try my hand at your quadlining and I'd like to become an honorary student if you are up for a challenge Sir. Asesino85.

Would those dimensions appeal to you kind sir....as I'm going to die of boredom in recovery...lol

Morning Smeegol and glad to have you join up! I don't think you need to go through any of my old journals. This has some of the most updated stuff in it, that's why I started it. The old ones do have really good pictures and information if you want to do some reading but all of the essentials are here.

Dobewon has dove in the deepest for using both my feed schedule and training methods. There are many others that are manipulating their nutes to give their plants boosts at certain times with their own brands but Dobe I think uses basically the same bottles as I do. Newty I think will make that jump when her nutes ran out. If it wasn't for them being my first guinea pigs, I may not have shared all this stuff with everyone. My biggest fear when I started "teaching" on these forums instead of just researching is that someone would try my ways and it would screw up their entire grow. I'd feel really bad. Now I sit back in shock a little bit as I see some people using my feed schedule and a lot of people using my quadline training.

I'm glad to hear you want to try the quadline out. LA's guide to fluxing was one of the first journals I read. Then I came across Dirt McGerts journals of fluxing and loved it. Also Mono's trying to grow a kilo threads were amazing too. But the one thing I wanted to do was cut down on veg time. All of the fluxing took months of veg to get where they wanted before flip. Their plants turn out better looking than mine in the end but I'll take it for only having to veg 5-6 weeks. The popular thing to do back when I joined was flux or just do some LST/supercrop later on as the plant grew big. I've always said quadlining is just a hybrid style of training. It starts earlier and gives a much stronger base to a plant than 4-way LST and it cuts the veg time down to less than half of what I normal flux takes. That is mainly due to having 4 main support branches instead of just the 2.

I think quadlining would be perfect for your grow box. You are going to want to keep the plants pretty low with not a ton of height for your box so quadlining should accomplish that very well. I think your counterpart in LOTR Bilbo just started in with the quadline as well. Now all I need is a Frodo and a Gandalf and I'll show the whole damn shire how to quadline! Plenty of marijuana references in those movies. In all seriousness though, if you need any help just holler and I'll make my way over to your journal at some point. Good luck on your recovery from your operation and I look forward to seeing what you can do with the quadline!

Good evening Ase, ( may I call you that ) my apologies as I did neglect to mention that after the op ( thumbs up) goes well, even with my limited ability I would be honored to have you as mentor.... I'm actually to be honest a real noob as I've only done 1 grow in this box and chopped uuuuhhmm 10+ weeks early as I didn't have the faintest clue.....:rofl::rofl:

Been growing outside bout 4 months now have an OGK close to harvest who I started inside awhile back harvest is 5/5/18 and rely on rain mostly but getting real frosty ( so excited ) ...
Unfortunately your feeding regime I couldnt hope to do as I'm not sure of half the stuff used is available in South Africa. Maby online I could yes but I don't have that time on my hands sadly as my op is classed as med emergency and my docs been out of reach due to annual leave ( office shuts down, everyone has same holiday times) he's back to tomorrow... CAUDA EQUINA SYNDROME if you interested..........

What I'd have available is fresh ewc/perlite, and for nutes I've got bio Bizz grow and bloom which I've never used yet as my grows haven't worked out........:rofl: In my boxes x2....lol

Good evening Ase, ( may I call you that ) my apologies as I did neglect to mention that after the op ( thumbs up) goes well, even with my limited ability I would be honored to have you as mentor.... I'm actually to be honest a real noob as I've only done 1 grow in this box and chopped uuuuhhmm 10+ weeks early as I didn't have the faintest clue.....:rofl::rofl:

Been growing outside bout 4 months now have an OGK close to harvest who I started inside awhile back harvest is 5/5/18 and rely on rain mostly but getting real frosty ( so excited ) ...
Unfortunately your feeding regime I couldnt hope to do as I'm not sure of half the stuff used is available in South Africa. Maby online I could yes but I don't have that time on my hands sadly as my op is classed as med emergency and my docs been out of reach due to annual leave ( office shuts down, everyone has same holiday times) he's back to tomorrow... CAUDA EQUINA SYNDROME if you interested..........

What I'd have available is fresh ewc/perlite, and for nutes I've got bio Bizz grow and bloom which I've never used yet as my grows haven't worked out........:rofl: In my boxes x2....lol

Well all my information is in the beginning part of this journal and I am mainly a coco grower with some soil experience. Never done that style or used those nutrients but I am sure there are plenty of people on here that have. I will be able to help out with suggestions based on what I see and I can for sure help you come training time. When you get going feel free to ask questions and I'll be sure to keep an eye out and hand out suggestions as I see fit. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you can do.

Ase check my thread out. I tried an experimental flush this weekend and I know this kinda stuff is controversial but was kinda surprized by the results. It definitely warrants more investigation on my end along with better documentation next time I do it.

Ase check my thread out. I tried an experimental flush this weekend and I know this kinda stuff is controversial but was kinda surprized by the results. It definitely warrants more investigation on my end along with better documentation next time I do it.

Already read it ;). When I say I keep tabs on some of you.. I mean it! I think that the flushing with a flushing agent and plain water is a bit much but with a top down feed system like drain to waste you just need to need to flush with extra of your current feeding and it will flush the old stuff out the bottom and fill it with new stuff. I do this every once and a while when I make a new batch of nutrients. Most of the time I give them one pitcher full but every couple weeks I give them 3. It clearly has lots of feed water draining out the bottom and I know that is the older stuff. I always see great growth after I do this. Not saying that flushing with an agent and regular water is wrong, just a little bit of extra work that I don't think is 100% necessary. There are lots of companies that tell you to do a regular flush once a week with just regular water. I've found with my feed schedule that I don't get a ton of salt buildup. When I do I give them a big flush with about half ppm feeding but 3 times the volume of water and they really respond nicely like yours did. I try to line up when I do this with the different phases of growing. When aggressive veg hits I really pump up the Nitrogen and do it then. I also do it when I switch to 12/12 lights (transition phase) and use 1-1-1 NPK nutes. I do it again when I am starting to boost PK and I do it when I flush so about 4 times in total.

Back
Top Bottom