Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Never listen to what seed companies say about yield, if your environment, lighting ect is tip top then you can produce good yields but it also goes down to wether or not you train your plants or how long you veg them for, i ran northern lights for the first time in a 4x4 and they state 575-625 i got just over 700g and i pushed a lot to even get that.

I know that, they have been clawing for the past 2 weeks yet there on a weak solution, there not bright green yet there showing N toxicity.

Ignore the 2 in the middle dry i had just transplanted them and watered after the photo had been taken.

If you’re watering to run off and your at 600-700ppm it shouldn’t be a problem. Just remember that some strains are very sensitive to nutrients especially nitrogen.

I have a question concerning seed companies claim on yields. I have a 4 foot by 4 foot tent and am curious how does that mathematically relate to "400 - 500 gr/m2"
Its worked out by sog style single colas with 2 week veg under 1000w or equivalent lighting in perfect conditions, assuming 4 x 4 would be 16 plants :)
So divide 400 by 16 = 25grams per plant

So divide 400 by 16 = 25grams per plant
that should be easely doable provided you use clones in 1g potsand set them straight into flower.
16 seedlings in a 4x4 is going to be a nightmare to manage that, maybe nine are controllable if you start them in 12/12 right from the start, if you use autos or veg for a month id suggest MAX 4 plants in a 4x4

here is a pic from a grow i follow by Ripe1 he has 2 weeks seedling +2month veg so far on these 4 plants (photo) (100 days)
full

if im not mistaken they are recently flipped but even then they are gonna be a handfull to manage , so far he is doing a wonderfull job and has a nice healthy garden !! kudos Ripe1!

Just to show you the number of plants are relative to what ye plan to do with the tent

By chance, is there a good thread around relating to DIY COBs? I'm looking to swapping out my HIDs, but on a budget if possible.

So OGC here waiting for some amber here damn waiting game .

Smell is so wonderful puts a smile on face every time I open tent to feed . Unlike the leafs Toronto Malle leafs nhl hockey team who are about to get blown out in 5 I call. The curse for Toronto lives on . Boston is a bunch of dirty bastards though FYI upset fan .

So OGC here waiting for some amber here damn waiting game .

Smell is so wonderful puts a smile on face every time I open tent to feed . Unlike the leafs Toronto Malle leafs nhl hockey team who are about to get blown out in 5 I call. The curse for Toronto lives on . Boston is a bunch of dirty bastards though FYI upset fan .

Oops meant to post on show us your bud candy thread lol

Im 7-8 nodes in already, am i to late to FIM them?

Planning on fimming them and defoliating them down to get tighter inner node stacking, or should i FIM now and then defoliate a week later?

You ask if you're too late as the plant is 7-8 nodes. What do you mean by that? After all topping and fimming can be done on healthy plants throughout veg (the earliest I would top is at 4-6 nodes) - as long as you give the plant a chance to recover before the next fim/top, defoliation or switching to 12/12. Assuming you are in veg, go ahead and fim/top the plant but give it at least 7 days to recover before you do any heavy defoliation. Plants should only be topped or fimmed if they are growing vigorously and then need 6-10 days to recover. Defoliating AND fimming at the same time will be too stressful for the plants.

Im 7-8 nodes in already, am i to late to FIM them?

Planning on fimming them and defoliating them down to get tighter inner node stacking, or should i FIM now and then defoliate a week later?

Never too late, just give them enough time to recover properly before flip to make it worth it. If it was me, Id remove first node stems and top it down to 3rd stem giving u 4 main branches. They should have a decent root system to recover quick in coco remove as much or little as u like, its never too late to remodel a plant in veg , if u got time.

Defoliating AND fimming at the same time will be too stressful for the plants.
I do light defoilation periodically sometimes almost daily depending on regrowth, even on same day as topping, in coco I never had a plant not recover in 10 years. Its when you get to the flip u need to be most careful in my opinion, its easy to mess things up then and stunt the plants bud producing power

Back
Top Bottom