Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I did it yesterday and they seemed to of bounced back great, still having problems with 2 of them but iv left the 2 main node fan leaves on, fimmed the tops and its now allowing the light to reach lower nodes.

Iv fimmed at the 9th node on some and 8th and 7th nodes, hoping this to allow to stretch to a semi level canopy, then i will top in a week or 2 from the higher nodes to level out to the stretched lower nodes so the minimum amount of main colas will be at least 14-20, once i flip i will tie any down that are higher than the other branches.

They have been getting flushed for the past 5 days with a weak solution of a&b, i had two that were clawing badly, but its only the smallest thats clawing badly right now, if i lose it i lose it i can recover yields from 3 plants with a week longer veg.

If I bought a 600W HPS and decided I wanted a 1000W bulb. Would I have to buy a new ballast and all of that or would I just have to buy the bulb? I know it’s an amateur question but I’ve only ever grown with LEDs and no virtually nothing about them (except that they are expensive to run) I sincerely appreciative any advice I can get.

If I bought a 600W HPS and decided I wanted a 1000W bulb. Would I have to buy a new ballast and all of that or would I just have to buy the bulb? I know it’s an amateur question but I’ve only ever grown with LEDs and no virtually nothing about them (except that they are expensive to run) I sincerely appreciative any advice I can get.
You would need thousand watt ballast as well, it's a bit more complicated than regular light bulbs.

Like what pe636 stated, but get a dimmable ballast so you can go from 600 through to 1000.

You would need thousand watt ballast as well, it's a bit more complicated than regular light bulbs.

Thank you! My final question is if I were to buy a kit with a dimmable and all that would I be able to buy a better bulb than what a kit offers and use it safely? For example some brand on some really big shopping website and switch the bulb with a hortilux bulb?

Thank you! My final question is if I were to buy a kit with a dimmable and all that would I be able to buy a better bulb than what a kit offers and use it safely? For example some brand on some really big shopping website and switch the bulb with a hortilux bulb?
That should be fine, just be aware running a bulb at other than its design wattage will likely result in a shorter life.

Quick few questions: I thought here was the best place :)

Who here has a Viparspectra 450w LED with the Veg/Bloom switches. wondering how close I can get a baby seedling to the light and whether or not it'll burn being on both switches "bloom" ?? Keeping in mind I have a new seedling emerging

Also BioBizz organic nutes, giving them a run (in soilless/perlite mix) im acquiring the 1L starter pack - any tips or suggestions/comments on those nutes?

Cheers guys

Quick few questions: I thought here was the best place :)

Who here has a Viparspectra 450w LED with the Veg/Bloom switches. wondering how close I can get a baby seedling to the light and whether or not it'll burn being on both switches "bloom" ?? Keeping in mind I have a new seedling emerging

Also BioBizz organic nutes, giving them a run (in soilless/perlite mix) im acquiring the 1L starter pack - any tips or suggestions/comments on those nutes?

Cheers guys
Iv been using BioBizz nutrients, i find if you go more than 2.5ml you end up overdosing them.

Just make sure you use an ec/ppm meter to make up nutrient mix and never go off the bottles recommendations with base nutrient. start light in soil and slowly build it up.

The question on the 1000w bulb. get sun master dual spec they are good. Any quality digital ballast will run MH bulbs as well. Its a lie that hps costs more to run than LED in a like for like situation. You will likely find you get better results switching to the HPS bulb unless you've had quality LED with real output. When you start spending over a 1000£/$ per light the quality and out put starts to get good in most cases. Anything that costs a few hundred bucks is supplement lighting at best in my opinion. Ive grown maybe 30k plants and tried just about everything you can think of so ive pretty much seen it all.

So im currently using 20L pots and i do fill the pots nicely with great root mass but i have a question for experienced growers who grow in smaller pots.

Can i achieve 5+oz in 10L pots with a 6 weeks veg from first node, just straight tree's, if anything i LST the top colas so its a semi even canopy?

Im always planning ahead and iv got some Northern Lights coming, planning on putting 10 plants in a 4x8 tent, 3 600w HPS lights in barn shades, following cultivators feed schedule.

Back
Top Bottom