Atreum Lighting Sponsored Grow Tent, Featuring GG4 S1, Slurricane IX & Many Others!

Please select your Top 3 seeds you would like to see Phantom grow under Atreum Lighting's ARA-6 LED

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for stopping by @The Celt! I'm currently growing Zkittles by Black Skull in another tent of mine. All 4 plants are frosty, 3 have sweet candy scents with 1 plant being very strong and pleasant. I placed a fairly large order with our sponsor @Dope-Seeds.com this summer and picked up a variety of Black Skull seeds plus I received a pack of OG Kush as freebies, which I'm also growing in my other tent. I'll stop by to check out your grow!

Hang them low and dimmed way down?
Hang high and full blast?
I like to hang my LEDs as low as possible without losing coverage. This is more of an issue in my other tent with (2) 240W QBs, 20-22" is about as close as I can get without losing coverage at the corners. The ARA-6 bar style light should help me bring the lighting within 12-16" of the canopy and still maintain coverage at the corners. I'll adjust the output using my lux meter as you suggested.

FYI my tent is 4.5'x4.5' for anyone not familiar (I liked the tent and price so much I bought 3).

Also here are a few PAR Maps provided by Atreum from their site.

20210102_210233.jpg

20210102_210258.jpg

20210102_210323.jpg

20210102_210335.jpg

Note that these reading were performed in an open area, not in a reflective tent like most other light manufacturers. Adding in the reflective sides of the tent, coverage will only get more uniform near the edges.

Lastly, I will be mounting the 600W Meanwell driver outside of my tent. Heat isn't much of an issue here in the winter when growing in my addition I don't heat, that stays around 65F min. During the summer and the in rest of my house during the year, the extra heat from the driver can heat up the tent to 95F, at least for my existing (2) 240W Meanwells (already moved them outside the tent they are in). With the driver located outside the tent, heat will never be an issue.

I like to hang my LEDs as low as possible without losing coverage. This is more of an issue in my other tent with (2) 240W QBs, 20-22" is about as close as I can get without losing coverage at the corners. The ARA-6 bar style light should help me bring the lighting within 12-16" of the canopy and still maintain coverage at the corners. I'll adjust the output using my lux meter as you suggested.

FYI my tent is 4.5'x4.5' for anyone not familiar (I liked the tent and price so much I bought 3).

Also here are a few PAR Maps provided by Atreum from their site.

20210102_210233.jpg

20210102_210258.jpg

20210102_210323.jpg

20210102_210335.jpg

Note that these reading were performed in an open area, not in a reflective tent like most other light manufacturers. Adding in the reflective sides of the tent, coverage will only get more uniform near the edges.

Lastly, I will be mounting the 600W Meanwell driver outside of my tent. Heat isn't much of an issue here in the winter when growing in my addition I don't heat, that stays around 65F min. During the summer and the in rest of my house during the year, the extra heat from the driver can heat up the tent to 95F, at least for my existing (2) 240W Meanwells (already moved them outside the tent they are in). With the driver located outside the tent, heat will never be an issue.
Looks pretty similar to my lights for PPFD.
Strip lights are definitely the way to go.

How's dimming work on those lights? Is it just in the driver under the plug or does it have a dial switch
It came with a potentiometer for the driver. :ganjamon:
I’m growing the strawberry banana grape right now. So I had to pick it! Lol
Well, I need to check that out! How do you like it so far? It was one of those strains that when I saw the name, it spoke to me "buy me Phantom."

Update....

The Slurricane and Black D.O.G. have been transferred into Solo cups filled with Jiffy Seed Starter mix (red arrows in photo) then placed inside the veg tent along side a handful of other projects.

20210108_190950.jpg

The GG4 has cracked and a small taproot started, it will get transplanted tomorrow. The mystery seed has cracked and going slow, it was the last seed to sink too.

I can't wait to veg these plants and have them beastin' under the ARA-6 light.

Back
Top Bottom