Auto Fun At Ganjagrandaddies

Wow 1 vote. I was happy with a nomination. Lol with the competition what it is ,that was a good result. Cigs are the worse mate good luck , I am way too weak willed and use the weed as a crutch for tobacco use a little too tbh. Would live to quit them. My soul is with your quest mate. Very inspiring. Thank you.
I have enjoyed some nice auto harvests but do need the potency and huge colas of photoperiods again now. I am about to run some fast buds autos in this new fc3000 light and then hope to go back to the bigger plants and more training options. Will be using the last 18hr run to get a long veg on some hopefully. Tag me in if you get another on please
Yea sir! There is some amazing competition in those contests. It was fun!

Thanks GGD!! I’m proud of how far I’ve got! 12 days is nothing to shake my finger at. Like I said though, I’ve got a long road ahead!!

In honesty I cant smoke a cig unless its menthol now. Hate the taste of that poisonous inhale. I use about 1/3 of a cig in a joint now so the taste is always weed heavy . Did use an anti smoking pill from the Dr a few years back but the craving returned as soon as the pills stopped. Also had a crazy effect on my system with horrendous nightmares that were way too lucid. Was originally an anti depressant that had side effects to smoking enjoyment sobthwy re marketed it. Also caused a major "donkey punch" with orgasm which sealed its fate...... true story. Keep up the good work and willpower mate.

I’m here :)
And always bring the sunshine T. Been busy with the trimmer with a lot better results now. I let it sit a day too long after I chopped but it just meant the fan leaves had drooped in places and a littlenmore annoying to work with. I did a 1st run with it and am pleased with the results of that so far. Not too much chopped off at all this time and a really nice look for their drying which will pull the smaller sugar leaves in as well. I still have half to run another turn but am still separating and trimming the small bits that the machine will eat alive.lol . I am surprised how little has been collected in the trim bowl too and it is perfectly chopped for a ice hash run. Win-win I think. I did find a few mold spots that had to be pulled out and cleared but in all I am happy with the Gorilla Cookies and they are so damn stick icky too. I will finish the trim later and get them in the drying rack. Happy days.
20211002_171539.jpg
20211002_171425.jpg
20211002_171342.jpg
20211002_171212.jpg

20211002_171539.jpg

20211002_171425.jpg

20211002_171342.jpg

Looks like it smells delicious.

NTH
It has a really odd nail polish hit to it with fruit too. Should lessen as the cure comes but really different. Thanks mate. Update on route.

What’s your average harvest, GGD?
With these autos and current light use of about 450w. each plant is averaging around 3oz and I am able to keep a flow of plants for a 4 weekly harvest of at least 5 per harvest. Been a nice steady stream so far but do miss the big yields of photoperiods. I if I really tried I could possible get slightly more but the time to train ect and the effort needed is a stretch too far at moment. Autos do tend to yield less than photos so I knew a perpetual was the only way to enjoy . Be lucky

Well folks , that's that on the last of the current ladies in flower. I took the two Northern lights ladies and the Grandaddys mimosa out for their 48hr dark periods yesterday. I did find a couple of bud rot infections on the northern #1 and noticed damn SPIDERMITE had started to web up on the top of one cola. I caught it just right and before it could get any foothold but I hate seeing that horrible webbing and knowing what comes next if left !!!! A very surprising find with all the heat issues and gnats from before too. I am very impressed with how well the viparspectra xs1500 performed during this run and never expected the solid , deep colas on 2 plants in such a small unit. I am hoping the yield of these 2 do it justice as the light formed some amazing looking buds together with the genetics.
Despite the rot issues , the Northern lights are looking beautiful, even the mutant #2 has given up some really nice looking colas on her lanky frame. They have a really nice sweetness to them as I moved them out and i am looking forward to trying this classic now. #1 has some really nice long colas to her which are a nice orange and white colour up close . I think she will be in the 3oz range hopefully when dried and possibly 2oz from her mutant sister.
The Grandaddys mimosa is a totally different looking girl to the other plants that were in this run. She has been putting out chunky looking buds from the second week in flower and showed early promise that has come to fruition i think now. The buds are rock solid and like hand grenades....she smells fruity sweet with the lemon of her Male pollen dad in there too. My initial fears of the high bud to leaf ratio has been allayed now thankfully as they are swallowing up the leaves in the way of any bud growth.. Plan is to put them straight into the bud bowl trimmer for their trimming as soon as they come out of their dark periods . The trimmer has proven extremely efficient with wet trimming as I finished up the rest of the Gorilla Cookies trimming last night. The end result was more than satisfactory. The plants were a couple of days off the stalks so a lot of the fans had collapsed and some of the bigger sugar leaves flattened to the bud from resting in the cardboard box. Once I had removed the floppies , the bigger buds were dropped onto the mesh and the very small or not too leafy were hand trimmed.
I did 15 turns each way at a medium pace to get the results I thought looked good. The loss in trim was very good and what had fell through was perfectly prepped for some ice hash making next week with the trim from the last 3 to add to it. Now I know how to use it , it will make trim jail a thing of the past. I now have the sticky -icky ,stinky nugs all drying in a drying net. Time to bring in the dehumidifier now too as the cold brings moisture for our island.
I am also more than happy with the upcoming Zamnesia girls too. I have been very busy with the move around and prepping 2 x100L living organic soil beds to do under the new Mars light. The fc3000 should give perfect coverage for the 2 Nft tanks side by side and house 3 plants each tank. I have added ecothrive charge , life-cycle and gave them both a soaking with a biosys tea too. The mix is los and my own composted soil coco mix from last year so i am hoping to not add anything but water and ecothrive amendments to them. I do think I will support with a little Megacrop when flowering kicks in as they will be autos in the beds to finish off my perpetual auto fun and move back to some photoperiods again.
The Amnesia haze have all been trained a different way and now they are situated on the side of the grow room , I will need to keep them managed lower to avoid overgrowing the height restriction. I did consider moving them to the middle of the space as before but I also want to do a run for the new light with enough height and space to fit the trays comfortably.
They are just starting week 4
# 1 was fimmed and is a beast of a girl already. Her rectangular sister #2 is topped and bushing out really well with some help from tent pegs to keep her going horizontal.
#3 who was a more natural method of growing is on par with the others but has the 5th still held down to keep it active and busy.
The Girl scouts are behaving nicely with the lst too. Not as big as the hazes but definitely responding well to the bending over on #2 and topping of #1. Both look nice and green with no signs of issues so far so fingers crossed they will continue in this vane now they are showing female hairs at their bracts. I dont think they will take much time to completely reach the edges of the pots at all now . With the addition of the stretch period starting, they will probably need a lot of bends and shaping to keep them under the lights.
I also dropped some Gast Buds seeds in to germinate for the upcoming light test and grow. 2 days and we have 2 so far poking their heads up . Happy days if not a little busy.lol
Be happy growmies. Enjoy the many pics. Been a while compiling this one.

[GALLERY=media,

[GALLERY=media, 1843752][/GALLERY]

Glad I stopped by. Beautiful grows and harvests bud. Good luck on the smoking. I'm with you. Hate non menthol try to smoke weed rather than cigarettes, only like 5/6 a day but I was a pack a day smoker before my baby. Worst though was that I was an adamant non smoker in my soccer days. Hate that I still smoke. Like you said, the stress of life just gets a grip on you and cigs are an easy way to calm down...good luck with smoking cessation and the girls. Btw, I have an Amnesia Haze about 2 weeks from harvest. Took me back seeing your veggie

Glad I stopped by. Beautiful grows and harvests bud. Good luck on the smoking. I'm with you. Hate non menthol try to smoke weed rather than cigarettes, only like 5/6 a day but I was a pack a day smoker before my baby. Worst though was that I was an adamant non smoker in my soccer days. Hate that I still smoke. Like you said, the stress of life just gets a grip on you and cigs are an easy way to calm down...good luck with smoking cessation and the girls. Btw, I have an Amnesia Haze about 2 weeks from harvest. Took me back seeing your veggie
Welcome aboard the madness. The thought of not having the fags is scarier than the horrible taste though. Lol
Thankfully they seem to be loving the taller 30l pots depth . I am hoping to keep them managable for height and seeing how bushy they are training out is promising. I do love the strain as a smoke when it has been around but never grown it out so had to try properly , even if an auto.lol will come take a look to see what is coming my way. Lol

Mites suck. Sorry bro. Good looking trim. Im looking into silicone brushes. I can't not dry trim lol
I have missed the best way to dry already.lol . Handy for speed but did get an odd pleasure having to scissor a few as I went along. I was watching the brushes on a video , very interesting concept and ideal for those sugar leaves at the stem. I got some weird gloves as a freebie with my drying net. The right hand has plastic claws for picking into the leaves , attached to the fingers. Lol. like a cheap freddy Krueger Halloween costume glove but has an odd useable appeal too.

Awesome harvest bro!! Congrats on a successful grow!! Many more to come!!
As ever , a very welcome comment brother. It has finished very nice but needs the nail polish potency to cure out a little .phew , so gassy and noticable at just dried . Smokable but hits the taste buds a little bitterly and overpowers the fruity sweet hit. Not harsh but over-flavoured if that makes sense. Similar with limonene heavy strains too , once the citrus dies off the real flavours come out, so I am confident it will temper better. I am looking forward to this girl now too
20211007_123024.jpg
20211007_122837.jpg

So dense I had some bud rot tucked away that thankfully in total was about a Q in total lost but sorted now thankfully and the dehumidifier is on alert now too. Lol
Be well brother

Hi fellow 420 kith 'n' kin , been a busy few days with trimming up the last of the mimosa and Northern lights

and getting a new light set up with the l.o.s beds and new seedling going but thankfully it is all fitting together nicely now. I have managed to fit the sp3000 and the new Fc 3000 side by side and covering 6 plants each light. With a total wattage draw of 600w ( approx) I will be very lucky to squeeze it in before the major energy costs hike. I am glad I went l.e.d now for sure. Lol

The Grandaddys mimosa and the 2 northern lights had their rides in the bowl trimmer and have produced some nice looking buds to dry and left me with a full net . Sadly my sense of taste and smell have been robbed by good old British flu so I cant comment on the smells from the room at all.... I have now changed the rooms air movements and fan use to incorporate the new diffuser which works brilliantly. A few days with no exhausting air out became obvious by the build up of warm air in the room so I sorted the exhaust using the other intake fan. Air is a little more pleasant now thankfully. I was gutted to lose bud to the dreaded bud rot but by not being able to use the dehumidifier effectively due to various stages of the plants in flower/veg , did leave me open to this issue . I only found a little here and there but gutting all the same. I washed the bigger buds in a mix with the silver roots product to sterilise any pathogens left behind before the trim. All drying nicely in the rack and hopefully ready in a few more days time.
The Zamnesia run is coming along well now with all 5 and the critical showing female hairs at their bracts now. I would say at day 34 , they are flowering now... They have all responded really well to their varied training methods and are really taking some nice size and shapes together
Amnesia #1 is an absolute monster of an auto with so much growth it is like a giant cabbage already. With her stretch about to kick in and her huge fimmed main , I want to leave her as natural as I can to see which mains fight to the top of the canopy. She will need some defol for sure before her final push in flowering and i suspect way before that too at about day 21 F. Her limbs are thickening up quite fast too so I think she has some plans for her yield too. #2 is also now really bushy with plenty to play with for her mains and needs staking out daily to keep her happy .
#3 Had taken a very similar appearance to #1 with a huge Bush forming . Inam staking her also as she grows until incan tie them off at the pots edges safely. As they are about to burst into a stretch now , I am hopeful that I can get them anchored down to really use the stretch for just cola building length. Rhe strain can grow some very fat colas if got right. Fingers crossed.
Girl scout cookies are a bit smaller than the other girls but this is strain over environmental factors so no issues at all they are spreading out nicely with the addition of stakes and in only 1 day , they quickly grew past the ones I set them to. They both have really productive secondary stems that will be exploited to our benefit now we can see them. Keeping g the main tips held longer will allow these to begin thinking they are the main and receive some extra attention from the root system and auxin. Keeping them short and stocky is again the intention. With a limited height to play with on this side of the grow space , I need to keep on the ball with these vigorous monsters or risk a jungle of sweaty , mould supporting plants...
Critical cheese had topping by accident and has been slowly adapting to less limbs. I dont want a lanky pointless lady so am trying to encourage her to get on board with her stable mates and get sideways!!!. Time will tell. I am finding the 30L taller pots to be useful for cramming plants under the light better and judging by the last harvest , taller doesnt effect overall yield . It will be interesting for me to see how the 2 new 100L beds compare with the plants being in unison under soil. With space for each plant , I dont think competition for nutrition will be am issue at all and a more symbiotic relationship should hopefully form between the 3 in each bed.

With that all off my chest, ibid you all a good evening until next time be well growmies

Back
Top Bottom