BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Are At It Again: Outdoor Grow Season 3

Hi Beez! Here's to a swift recovery! :passitleft: Watching that cob. Have a great day and stay stoneder.

Hi Everyone, sorry about being afk for awhile. I had my hand surgery a couple weeks ago and got the stitches removed yesterday :yahoo: With limited use of my right hand (fortunately, I'm left-handed), it was too much effort to type and mouse, so I just took a break from it all.

The cobb is looking pretty good, but still too wet. I've been airing it out an hour or so most days and have brought the humidity down from 95% to about 70% now.
I haven't tried it yet, but I am getting tempted more each day. :drool:
best wishes to your recovery! As a reconstructed wrist owner balloons, silicone squeeze balls and pools are essential butbest wishes to your recovery! As a reconstructed wrist owner balloons, silicone squeeze balls and pools are essential but :adore:bet your on that path already. All praise the rubber bands and the PT team. :adore:

best wishes to your recovery! As a reconstructed wrist owner balloons, silicone squeeze balls and pools are essential butbest wishes to your recovery! As a reconstructed wrist owner balloons, silicone squeeze balls and pools are essential but :adore:bet your on that path already. All praise the rubber bands and the PT team. :adore:
^^^ thats awesome not even going to edit that^^^ damned phone froze up on me annnd boom double double lol

That took me a while to get through, but “it must be a side effect of the marijuana poisoning” :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here’s to a speedy recovery, beez!
:passitleft:

Hope the hand's healing well amigo.

What was the final total yield for this year? (apologies if I missed it, but not going to wade thru the previous posts :lot-o-toke:).

Happy season of short days. Grow on!

Thanks for the well-wishes, Everyone. The recovery is going well and I'm using my hand more each day. :circle-of-love:

What was the final total yield for this year?
Thanks for the reminder as I haven't shared that yet. Between my son and I, we grew 11 autos this season. All were pretty small, but a very nice variety in the end, and yield totaled about 7 ounces. Here's the auto summary:
Autos Summary.jpg

We also each grew 3 photo period plants. @Liquidintel wanted to stay small, so he kept his in 10 gallon pots and fed everything with the Megacrop nutrient. I put 2 of my plants into 20 gallon pots and the other into a 10 gallon pot, thinking it would stay smallish. I fed my plants with a multi-part liquid nutrient system from Emerald Harvest. To my surprise, the plant in the 10 gallon pot yielded about as much as the ones in the larger pots. All totaled, we yielded a little more than 4 lbs of cured buds. Here's the summary:
Photos Summary.jpg

I added a "grams per gallon" calculation (I believe I got this idea from @Amy Gardner) and a "grams per day" calc (I got this idea from @InTheShed). I'm not quite sure what it all means in the big picture, but my plants yielded more than my son's plants, and the Gorilla Breath (10 gallon pot) was the clear winner in the g/gal catagory, while the Killer Haze was the winner in the g/day catagory.

One item I think I forgot to mention earlier was that someone in my son's neighborhood must also be growing. Two of his outdoor plants - White Widow and Alaskan Purple - were full of seeds! No evidence of hermie, so they must have been pollinated by a neighbor's male. Would be interested to know who the father is. :laughtwo:

I want to mention that the day after my surgery, my son came by to hang with me for a little while. I was telling him that the doctor had prescribed Norco (an opioid) for the pain relief, but was gonna try to avoid taking any (other than the one I took the night of the surgery). We decided to make a batch of CBD/CBG gummies.

Before the surgery, I made a batch of CBD coconut oil at an estimated strength of 10mg/ml. Quick question here: I use "refined" coconut oil because I like the taste better, but I know many folks use "unrefined". Is there a difference in performance, or is it just a personal preference thing? :hmmmm:

We used that batch of oil to put into the jello mixture and then I added 80mg of CBG isolate to the mixture before putting it into the molds. The gummies came out to about 4 mg CBD and .5mg CBG per gummy. I must say between eating a couple of those 3 or 4 times each day and occasionally hitting the bowl of CBD, I was relatively pain free for the rest of my recovery. I did not take another Norco after that first night. :yahoo:

I don't have any hard data that says the CBG made a huge difference, but I really liked the results with the batch of candies that contained it. I'm making another batch of gummies today with both the CBD and the CBG. :peace:

Hi Beez! :ciao: Good to see you healing up and posting. Glad to see that you are putting all that hard work to good use! I'll have to grow a cbd strain next summer. Keep getting better brother and stay stoneder.

Glad you're healing up nicely, Beez!
Is there a difference in performance, or is it just a personal preference thing?
I don't know the answer to that- I use the refined stuff because I really can't stand the taste of coconut...
Refined and unrefined do have an identical nutritional profile, but that's about all I know about either one...
I don't have any hard data that says the CBG made a huge difference,
I don't either, but it sure seems like the CBG enhances the effects of the CBD- I'm planning on adding the CBG isolate to my CBD gummies from now on- at 100mg per batch, it's only apx $2.50 worth of CBG per batch, so it's not going to break the bank ...

Glad you're healing up nicely, Beez!

I don't know the answer to that- I use the refined stuff because I really can't stand the taste of coconut...
Refined and unrefined do have an identical nutritional profile, but that's about all I know about either one...

I don't either, but it sure seems like the CBG enhances the effects of the CBD- I'm planning on adding the CBG isolate to my CBD gummies from now on- at 100mg per batch, it's only apx $2.50 worth of CBG per batch, so it's not going to break the bank ...
Hay where are you getting your CBG

Back
Top Bottom