BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Are At It Again: Outdoor Grow Season 3

A friend of mine wanted to try growing one plant this summer in his backyard, so I started a Dresden Green Diamond (photo) from Garden of Green Seeds. He came to pick it up on Friday. Here it is on day 23.
And here it is in its new location. I also gave him some FFOF soil to replace whatever he already had in the barrel, and I put some MC in a ziploc baggie for him as well.

My Pink Kush CBD auto began flowering on Day 26. Here it is on Day 30 and starting to show some purple/pink colors.

Monster Bruce Banner auto, which replaced a failed Amnesia auto is now at Day 24. Soon to go into a 7 gallon fiber pot.

Finally, to replace 2 failed Gelat.OG autos, I started this Sweet CBD auto (from Auto Seeds). It is now on Day 7.

Everything's looking great, Beez!
I like your friends planter-he's got big plans for that girl!

Gonna be a good summer.
A good summer and a very busy autumn :cool:
Such a nice friend to gift a seedling!! Looking good, happy growing!!
Thanks Dutch! I like to spread the joy. I also gave him one of my homemade pipes and some of last year's harvest. :ganjamon:
You’re a great friend! And your garden is looking healthy and vigorous.
Thanks! So far, so good. Hopefully I don't do something stupid along the way.
I like your friends planter-he's got big plans for that girl!
I told him when it comes to outdoor growing, "Go big, or don't go at all"! :p

I tried my hand at some LST for my Killer Haze and Dr. Seedsman. In the past, I've never really done anything more that a little topping and trellising. I probably could do more, but I ran out of binder clips. :rolleyes:
Killer A5 Haze:

Dr. Seedsman CBD:

Group Shot:

Hey Liquid, I gave you 6 plants, but I see 7 in the photo. What's up with that little one in the solo cup?

I found this seed while I was rolling some joints out of a mix of Sour Diesel & Trainwreck a few weeks ago. I figured I'd pop the seed and sex it. If the plant is female, I'll give it to a friend, if a male, huck it.

I had to do a bit of pruning back of some other bushes to increase sunlight.

I noticed what looked like Thrip damage on a couple of fan leaves on 4/6 of the plants. I ended up spraying Castile soap on both the tops and bottoms of the leaves. I did a second spray 3 days later.

I rearranged the plants to a better area to the yard.

Here are some close ups of the plants.

Early signs of flowering

I topped White Widow a second time (I failed to get photos). I do plan to top Alaskan Purple in the next couple of days. the plants are currently receiving 4g of MC per 1 gallon of water, no signs of nutrient burns.

Plants look great so far! That White Widow is going to be huge - I'm glad you topped it again. It'll probably need more in the future. I really like the leaf color on WW and Alaskan purple, and the autos are looking nice as well.

I'm a little disappointed in Super Critical Bud. It's a photo and at day 60, but it's not any larger than your autos, and the leaves are not as lush as WW and AP. Maybe it needs a little higher dose of MC.

I see DDa is flowering, what about the other two autos? According to my notes, all three are at 32 days.

Terrific update! Love your setup. I had to do some pruning too. Doesn’t take long for the shrubs to get out of hand.

The thrips here tend to leave tracks, not dots. Look very carefully for mites. It’s good that you already took action!

While waiting for these girls to get going, I recently finished another pipe. It's somewhat pandemic inspired. It's a personal joint holder. If you're sharing a joint with someone, and you each have one of these, you can just place the J in your holder, take a puff and pass the J to the next person. This way, no spread of viruses. :cool:

Oh yeah, I made it with my little LSD-25 auto plant that I grew last summer. I may make another one with my Lemon Potion Auto.

That is so cool. You are very talented!

Looking wonderful Luiz - thing are really gearing up with them now :popcorn: I had a whirly psychotaxi (whorled phyllotaxy) On the last Candida I grew - Lots of branches! Made for some interesting pruning sessions!

Could you post a pic of the underside of your trolleys please? And if, as I suspect to be the case, you made them yourself, would you consider popping up a guide on how you did it sometime?

oh, and

:thumb:
I was diggin those trolleys myself! :)

Plants look great so far! That White Widow is going to be huge - I'm glad you topped it again. It'll probably need more in the future. I really like the leaf color on WW and Alaskan purple, and the autos are looking nice as well.

I'm a little disappointed in Super Critical Bud. It's a photo and at day 60, but it's not any larger than your autos, and the leaves are not as lush as WW and AP. Maybe it needs a little higher dose of MC.

I see DDa is flowering, what about the other two autos? According to my notes, all three are at 32 days.

SCB is a runt, so much so I forget it's a photo, lmao. Next watering I will bump the nuits. I looked at the plants this morning before work and no signs of flowering from the other 2 autos yet.
Terrific update! Love your setup. I had to do some pruning too. Doesn’t take long for the shrubs to get out of hand.

The thrips here tend to leave tracks, not dots. Look very carefully for mites. It’s good that you already took action!

Thank you Felipeblu! I though I saw mites on some ivy we inherited from our next door neighbor (we trimmed back most of it). Mites were my first thought, but have not seen any on the plants so far (thankfully) I'll keep an eye out!! I appreciate the guidance, thank you!

The thrips here tend to leave tracks, not dots. Look very carefully for mites.
Indeed, thrips were just a guess on our part. To be honest, I've had leaves look like that on all my grows and have never found anything that might cause it. I've examined affected leaves under high magnification and have never found anything. Ultimately, we've just lived with it as it never got bad enough to affect the outcome of the plants. The only thing I've found in the past is a few critters like this, which seems to match immature thrips :hmmmm::

I was diggin those trolleys myself! :)
:welcome: BW2! Thanks for the kinds words, and I will hopefully post a guide on making them. They're actually pretty easy once you source the hardward.

Back
Top Bottom