Blueberry Canuk & Euphoria Royal Queen - Organic Soil - CFL Only - First Grow

DIY air pruning bucket, cleaned up :

Bucket_sanded.JPG

Well, its a lot of work. Sanding (by hand or dremmel) does not work very well.
Using a utility knife, held at 45 degrees, circling around the hole is the fastest way of removing plastic shavings.
It is not a very clean job, but it'll be fine for a pot of dirt ;-)

I still have to remove 1 3/4" off the top rim (the top rim is 3 1/2" high, total bucket height is 14 1/2"). Removing this will shorten the bucket to 12 3/4", a more manageable height for my setup. They will hold 4.5 Gallons instead of 5 ;-)

My 3 gal smart pots were only 7 1/2" high. Going to 12 3/4" will require some adjustments in my installation.

5 weeks of flowering, day 66. Phoria has maybe 40-50% brown pistils. Less on Blue.

Still to go theoretically :

3 weeks for Phoria. (I may harvest her on the later side).
4 weeks for Blue. (I may harvest her sooner, she makes me very sleepy).

Pre-harvest decisions :
- In the hope of having a descendant of Blue, I'd like to either "reveg" blue after harvest, leave some branches with some leaves/buds, cut the root ball, re-pot in new soil, OR take some cuttings, try to make those root, re-veg, etc. Those are long processes, like 1 month before you see new growth, and even then everything is slow... blaaaaah. I think it's too much work and I wont have the patience.

- I could just use the 2 Euphoria seeds I have left and grow those. But I'd prefer to grow two varieties of plants side by side.
- Maybe I can order a few new seeds and grow something new along with 1 Euphoria.

Gnats : day 3 after their big comeback...

I have seen very few flying around, but there are probably 50 stuck on yellow cards. I guess they were caught almost as they emerged.

Last time, they were mostly hanging around Blue. This time they hung around Phoria. Maybe they choose the dampest of the plants to lay eggs, or maybe they emerged from Phoria. There are almost no Gnats on Blue's yellow cards.

Maybe some new gnats will still emerge in the next few days (from Blue maybe ?)... but I think this wave is pretty much over.

Everything should go smoothly for the last 3-4 weeks. Next wave of Gnats would be in 3 weeks, and it should be insignificant.

Nice I see genius I love DIY to save money it all helps the bottom line sometimes the best on the market is just not the best for the budget. Reveg is probably the easiest to pull off. Clones cut past 2 weeks in flower are hard to keep alive long enough to reveg then pop roots.

You did a good job on the bucket. Myself, I would've grabbed the drill and just started drilling and probably would have left the shavings intact...lol.

Yeah, but then you have to look at it everyday for a 3-4 months grow... and tell yourself you should have made it prettier, ahaha ;-)

BTW, I wanted a little bigger pots so in can Veg one or two more weeks and have bigger plants/buds.

I'm sure we could come up with a better/faster/cleaner way of making those holes. A hot-wire something that would melt its way thru.

Reveg is probably the easiest to pull off. Clones cut past 2 weeks in flower are hard to keep alive long enough to reveg then pop roots.

Thanks RM, I think I may try that, just for fun. BUT, I'd let the rootball as it is, would not repot, and just wait until the plant is reveged enough that I cant take a cutting and clone. Would that work ?

Exactly also a few tips I've read and used are to remove as much bud as possible to remove the flowering hormones and of course keep the leaves intact, I like to pluck the buds by hand. maybe a slightly early harvest so she isn't in her death throws, and blast her under 24 hour light. I use the same pot unless she is seriously root bound it might be better to insure she isn't root bound by doing a transplant a week before you flip to flower but by gones.
Good luck

Exactly also a few tips I've read and used are to remove as much bud as possible to remove the flowering hormones and of course keep the leaves intact, I like to pluck the buds by hand. maybe a slightly early harvest so she isn't in her death throws, and blast her under 24 hour light. I use the same pot unless she is seriously root bound it might be better to insure she isn't root bound by doing a transplant a week before you flip to flower but by gones.
Good luck

Thanks, I'll try if I can. I checked Blueberry, she doesn't have much vegetation left down the branches, except small buds, small leaves (those might be yellow/dead when harvest comes). I may only be able to keep 1 or 2 of all the branches. Is it better to keep a BIG branch or a SMALL branch, or several small branches, or does it change anything ?

I read that new growth on a re-veg started from the old buds, and that you should not remove the buds, as this is where its going to happen ?!

Re: Blueberry Canuk & Euphoria Royal Queen - Organic Soil - CFL Only - First Grow

Here's mine it was a clone that as soon as she popped roots I put her into flower, then as soon as she grew pistils into the breeding box she went I got 16 seeds from her of Lunar Landing x BlackBerry kush I plucked out with tweezers then I just put her under 24 hour light the day she popped leaves she went under the sun to harden her up a few hours a day for a week then back under the 24 hour light for the rest of the day then I potted her up and left her out. Here's the progression from the day I plucked the seeds out
420-magazine-mobile674683669.jpg
420-magazine-mobile590338872.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1494149282.jpg
420-magazine-mobile913741844.jpg
420-magazine-mobile745776381.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1771109229.jpg
420-magazine-mobile817502912.jpg
420-magazine-mobile882540646.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1215973185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile500019798.jpg
420-magazine-mobile247489136.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1780332008.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2097544552.jpg
420-magazine-mobile97325617.jpg

Thnx Pennywise! I just wanted to show where the new growth came from and that it isn't an automatic hermie, that bud was great and seedless.

Back
Top Bottom