Blueberry Canuk & Euphoria Royal Queen - Organic Soil - CFL Only - First Grow

These are the most up-close shots I could take. (I miss my old camera with its macro mode).

Euphoria :

Euphoria-70.jpg

Blueberry, 3 photos :

Blueberry-70a.jpg

Blueberry-70b.jpg

I guess trichomes are neither opaque nor amber. But it's hard to tell...

In theory, i'd have 17 day sleft for Euphoria and 24 days left for Blueberry.

What'd'ya think ?

Two others, with my old cam I managed to make work !

Blue :

Blueberry-70c.jpg

Euphoria :

Euphoria-70b.jpg

SO Frosty! Wow! The last picture shows the color of Euphoria's trichomes. They look pretty clear to me. It's harder to tell with Blue. They sort of look milky, but it could just be the photo.

Decided not to buy a pocket microscope !

I just looked into different "scopes" backwards, to varying degrees of success.

Result : A 25mm telescope eyepiece did the job fine ! Saw all clear trichomes ;-)

I tried a 9mm... bigger zoom but too twitchy.
I have several eyepieces in different focal lengths that I might try.

I finally found a Macro mode on my phone. not so bad, but not a lot of zoom...

Macromode_28-07-20171.jpg

I think it works just fine. Is that the macro alone or macro through the eyepiece. I have a 100mm macro lens for my digital SLR that I think is going to work just fine. Work with what your momma gave ya lol

I think it works just fine. Is that the macro alone or macro through the eyepiece. I have a 100mm macro lens for my digital SLR that I think is going to work just fine. Work with what your momma gave ya lol

That last photo was with my Samsung phone only, in Macro mode.

I have a "better" camera with macro mode, but it gave less impressive results, surprisingly.

In any case, Macro mode thru an eyepiece does not work well.

Standard mode thru eyepiece works and gives more zoom, but it is harder to get right.

Tales of the holy bucket : LST chain.

Hey it's a bit slow in here... last two weeks of flowering for Euphoria, lots of falling leaves, not much else.

I thought I'd post something just to keep the thread alive ;-)

Here's the latest photo of my prototype air-pruning-bucket :

Bucket_Chain.JPG

On this first grow, I found out that the plant grows larger than the pot, witch can make LST puzzling. My next plants will Veg longer, and I may top or super-crop more than the first time, to have more tops and keep the plants even shorter. It'll be very bushy.

A SCROG has absolutely no appeal to me, but I wanted more versatility and make LST easier; I enlarged my pot to 18" diameter. That should give me plenty of room to LST, and the chain links are perfect to attach anything, it will not move, slide, etc.

Next step, sometime soon, will be to cover the inside of the bucket with landscaping fabric.

I'm a bit worried about Blue and Phoria's foliage. Both plants lost almost all their fan leaves, the rest continues yellowing.
But what worries me more is the bud leaves, they are getting pale AND purplish/brownish veins. Blueberry, I can understand more, but Phoria shouldnt have that color. Maybe its not dramatic with 10 days to go for Phoria and 17 for Blue...

Euphoria :

Euphoria-76.jpg

Euphoria trich close-up :

Euphoria-76b.jpg

Blueberry :

Blueberry-76.jpg

Blueberry close-up :

Blueberry-76b.jpg

I don't see amber trichomes, but milky, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom