Blueberry X Haze - Ebb & Grow

Day 30, day 3 of flower. Well the 30hours dark went well, I saw up to 2-1/2" on one plant, and about 2" growth on the rest. I started with the bloom nutes, and raised my PPM to 1400. I noticed a tiny bit of burn on the tips of leaves, but I think they like the new nutes. One thing that I keep running into, is what looks to be a Magnesium deficiency. I added Cal Mag to my RO water before putting in nutes, and put 7.5ml per gal. It says 5ml for normal, and 10ml for accelerated. I put 5ml a week ago, and it was week so I added more and got no new signs. This week I added 7.5 and am starting to notice it again. It is kinda a yellow striping through the leaves. (I will take pics tonight). After seeing the striping on 2-3% of the leaves, I added another 2ml per a gal of Cal Mag. I have read that Canna Aqua has issues with Mag deficiency's, but I am concerned that it may be a lockout instead of a lack of mag. What is the best way to know? I will post pics in about 5 hours, I'm at work, and the girls are sleeping.

The plants fantastic from what I can see.....if your flushing weekly I dont think its lockout. Also another thing to check is (and this a lil messy, get some towels) when the controller is flooded pull a line out and make sure it flows right away. If it doesnt you are holding garbage in that line. Use an air compressor to blow the line clean. I have run into this with my last setup. I dont think you have a problem but it wouldnt hurt.

I am totally torn, normally you tell me to do something, and.... I do it, but I have heard numerous people say the "Blue Dream" will triple on you. At 24" I am already taking a gamble, if I go to 35", I see a disaster brewing. I think because this is my, first hydro, first time with this strain, I will leave the "tree growing" to you until next run. I also have a question, currently I am running 24/7 lights, and 7X30min floods. What flood schedule would you recommend for flower?

keep the schedule the same

The plants fantastic from what I can see.....if your flushing weekly I dont think its lockout. Also another thing to check is (and this a lil messy, get some towels) when the controller is flooded pull a line out and make sure it flows right away. If it doesnt you are holding garbage in that line. Use an air compressor to blow the line clean. I have run into this with my last setup. I dont think you have a problem but it wouldnt hurt.

I actually cleaned out most the lines, and the buckets when I added the other 1000watt. I noticed a little bit of sediment in the bottom of the outer bucket, it looked like it could have been a bit of crap from the hydroton. I have checked to make sure all the lines are filling properly, I really think its the Canna nutes. I have read a few places about them lacking magnesium, I am just scared of adding too much and locking out Calcium. One other thought I have is, could cold cause striping on some of the leaves? since I switched over to 12/12 the plants have expierenced colder weather. Nothing under 60F but it was 80F before.
On another note, I found a awesome article about how "House and Garden" is made by the chemist who made "Canna". Apparently, he made it cheaper and better. (extreme simplification lol) Long story short, I am going to finish this run with Canna (because its already bought) and switch to House and Garden. Thanks for your advice as always Pit. Also, I really hope the snowcap Romulan wins... I have tried Strawberry cough, and it was not my favorite.

I actually cleaned out most the lines, and the buckets when I added the other 1000watt. I noticed a little bit of sediment in the bottom of the outer bucket, it looked like it could have been a bit of crap from the hydroton. I have checked to make sure all the lines are filling properly, I really think its the Canna nutes. I have read a few places about them lacking magnesium, I am just scared of adding too much and locking out Calcium. One other thought I have is, could cold cause striping on some of the leaves? since I switched over to 12/12 the plants have expierenced colder weather. Nothing under 60F but it was 80F before.
On another note, I found a awesome article about how "House and Garden" is made by the chemist who made "Canna". Apparently, he made it cheaper and better. (extreme simplification lol) Long story short, I am going to finish this run with Canna (because its already bought) and switch to House and Garden. Thanks for your advice as always Pit. Also, I really hope the snowcap Romulan wins... I have tried Strawberry cough, and it was not my favorite.

I met with Steve whose the owner of Humboldt...the distributor for H&G. He told me the same story about Canna. Down to which bottles of Canna to get which is the origianal mix...story is the current Canna is watered down.

how the hell did I miss your journal. Getting great advice from great growwers. DamnI'm late as hell to the party. But I'm here. Nice ladies brother. And those are some bushes you got going. And as far as H&G go..Theres not really anything that can really compare to it at the moment. Or at least i havent been able to find something better.

how the hell did I miss your journal. Getting great advice from great growwers. DamnI'm late as hell to the party. But I'm here. Nice ladies brother. And those are some bushes you got going. And as far as H&G go..Theres not really anything that can really compare to it at the moment. Or at least i havent been able to find something better.

Its about time!! I have read most journals on here, and you are on everyone's. I was wondering if mine was boring or something. Super happy to have you here, I have read through a lot of your journals. I especially like your breeding journal, good stuff!!

Day 33,
The girls are growing fast!! It has been really cold here, (for California) been lots of ice on windshield, so I have had a heater in with the girls. I noticed after changing nutes/light schedule that the new growth has been a bit lime green. It has gotten better over the last 2 days, I think it was a bit of shock. Upon Pit's advice, I will be tossing some Botanicare sweet in.

Its about time!! I have read most journals on here, and you are on everyone's. I was wondering if mine was boring or something. Super happy to have you here, I have read through a lot of your journals. I especially like your breeding journal, good stuff!!

lol..Thanks for having me. Its my pleasure being here on your thread.Thanx man, I got way to many journals to keep up with, but with so much going on here on 420, just cant get enough. Great growwers and great vibe. THose Ebb-n-Gro kits look sick. Still tryin to convince myself to get one, but I know it will sit there for half a few months before I can even start to use it.And your blueberryhaze just sounds good.

Day 33,
The girls are growing fast!! It has been really cold here, (for California) been lots of ice on windshield, so I have had a heater in with the girls. I noticed after changing nutes/light schedule that the new growth has been a bit lime green. It has gotten better over the last 2 days, I think it was a bit of shock. Upon Pit's advice, I will be tossing some Botanicare sweet in.

Update, I added the Botanicare sweet, and most the color came back to the tops of the plants. I was looking around, and I found an article about how some Sativa's are really sensitive to cold temperatures. I have my lights running during the night, so it stays mid 70's. Unfortunately 4 days ago I didn't run the heater during the day, and it got mid 50's in there. I came in, and the new growth was a fluorescent green yellow. I think I may have slowed down the growth a little, but the last 2 days I have seen over 2inches of growth on most the plants. So all is good atm..... Res change on Saturday night.

DAY 35 / DAY 6 FLOWER

Things are looking better since cold shock. I went inside tonight, and took off a lot of lower branches. Here are a few Pics, I pruned after lights came on.

PIC212.jpg

PIC_14.jpg

You can still see some yellowing on the new growth from the cold, but it's better than a few days ago.

A little off topic.... I was checking out all the strains on Pit Vipers seed poll, and before I knew I spent 300$

Barney's Red Diesel Seeds 5
TH Seeds Heavy Duty Fruity Seeds 10
Seedsman Seeds Skunk No 1 Seeds 10
Reserva Privada Purple Wreck Seeds 6 (this guy fell behind on the polls, and sounds amazing, had to get it!)
So, next grow will be from seeds!

Back
Top Bottom