Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Now I'll expect a present! or at least a cake-
Well since I don’t have your address, I’ll have to just buy something, wrap it, and open it for you. :cheesygrinsmiley: Ooor, I’ll make a cake, send you the picture and then eat it for you! Yep, I’m super helpful like that.:high-five:

What are you waiting for? Ske-daddle!!
She should be here all day Monday, so I don't have long to wait!

Ooor, I’ll make a cake, send you the picture and then eat it for you! Yep, I’m super helpful like that.
That sounds good! I hope you like white cake with chocolate frosting& birthday sprinkles! :)

Great news on your negative test. :woohoo:

So you call your doctor on Monday? Has he already given you any kind of idea of how soon you’ll be able to get your first shot? I sure hope it’s sometime this coming week. I get my second shot on Tuesday.

And the odd part is that she remembers things that happened 90 years ago but if it happened 15 seconds ago, she has no recollection...

The old stories are true, but she just makes stuff up about the present, not sure where this stuff comes from...example- she's convinced that her 90 yr old neighbor lady at the home is running a prostitution ring out of her room, and the young ladies that (used to) visit her are all her hookers...(they're her daughters, apx 60 yrs old) :rofl:

Oh, and I got some good news this morning...(Woo-Hoo!)

That was kind of a pain in the ass, but better safe than sorry.
When you think about it though, Carcass. That makes perfect sense because she has held those memories for 90 years. Interesting fact, the last thing you lose when it comes to communication and the advances of dementia is tone. I am a bit of a dementia whisperer. I very seldom have a patient who won’t accept their medication from me, in fact I am often called to help when it comes to non compliant aggressive patients. Last night we had a man who was escalating and I said just let him sit with us in the nurses station. That way he gets 1:1 supervision and he won’t have a hangover from PRN medication, which are a great quick fix, but usually exacerbate delirium once they wear off.

When it comes to stories like that, the person suffering with dementia is just trying to piece together what’s going on, so they have a truth. Imagine waking up, not recognising one person, but everyone knows your name, who your husband was, foods you like, music you were fond of, but you have no clue where you are and why you are locked in. Most common one is “I own this place”. I much prefer your mums. Proves she must have lived a little to come up with that particular truth ;)

And I am positively stoked you’re negative.

My dad had some amazing caregivers at his place, and even though he didn't recognize them from one minute to the next, he knew their kindness and treated them the same. And even though I couldn't be there when he passed in May because of the lockdown, they were, and that makes me feel much better about not being with him.
That’s just lovely.

I have cared for many a dying patient. You get one shot at birth and one shot at dead, no pun intended lol. How a loved one dies can bring peace or torture to a family.

The week preceding my fathers dead was absolutely torturous and it haunted me for probably 5 years after his death. It did however inspire me to become a nurse and be the change I want to see when it comes to caring for patients and being the families advocate.

For you, I’ll find a way to suffer through it.
:high-five::love:
So you call your doctor on Monday?
I do! Then they call the vaccination mgr., she calls me, and we set up an app't....
That's how it's supposed to go, anyway- although I must admit, they seem to be pretty well organized...
so we'll see how it goes tomorrow!
And now I do too!
I hope you like French Vanilla ice cream...:)
Proves she must have lived a little to come up with that particular truth ;)

And I am positively stoked you’re negative.
She has some other made-up stories- I just listen, because you're right, they are her reality...

Thank you for that insightful post, Trala!

I'm stoked too, although I feel a little silly for overreacting...still better safe than sorry, though:cheesygrinsmiley:

he knew their kindness and treated them the same.
My mom is one of the nicer patients in the home, so the caretakers get along very well with her- she does get a little grumpy on shower day (3 times a week since covid) but they give her a pass on that...
It did however inspire me to become a nurse and be the change I want to see when it comes to caring for patients and being the families advocate.
And it sounds like you're doing a great job- Thank you for all you do!
Is that your shed?
No, that's just a pic he found on the internet. (I've seen his answer before)
I'm thinking his actual shed is quite a bit nicer than that one, (although I'm just guessing now)

It did however inspire me to become a nurse and be the change I want to see when it comes to caring for patients and being the families advocate.
The passing of your father has positively changed the lives of many, and for that I'm sure he would be very proud. :love:
@InTheShed i have been wondering for a long time. Is that your shed
As carcass mentioned, it's a pic I found on the Internet when I first joined here.
she does get a little grumpy on shower day
My dad hated showers (2x a week) and turned them into actual boxing matches with his big buff caregiver! But when they were done and he was dressed he thanked the guy profusely for getting him so clean. :)
No, that's just a pic he found on the internet. (I've seen his answer before)
Indeed, thanks!
I'm thinking his actual shed is quite a bit nicer than that one, (although I'm just guessing now)
It's much sturdier and weatherproof, but about one eighth the size!

I'm so happy you got your result and it was good news! Your wife had symptoms too, right? How is she feeling, and did she get tested?

Then they call the vaccination mgr., she calls me, and we set up an app't....
That's how it's supposed to go, anyway- although I must admit, they seem to be pretty well organized...
so we'll see how it goes tomorrow!
Good luck today!!

Good Morning, Beez!
Your wife had symptoms too, right? How is she feeling, and did she get tested?
She didn't get tested- we figured if I were positive, she'd have it too, so my negative result
would also cover both of us.-She's doing fine now, her symptoms didn't last as long as mine..well, I'm fine now too, except for a little cough, which is probably aggravated by my pot/cbd smoking.. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Good luck today!!
It went great, I get my first shot tomorrow morning at 9:30, and the second one is scheduled for 3/23@9:30am
I was on hold for about 40 minutes, which isn't really that bad for calling in on a Monday morning- I've waited an hour and a half in the past...listening to possibly the worst "on hold" music on the planet...:oops:

The passing of your father has positively changed the lives of many, and for that I'm sure he would be very proud. :love:
It would be nice, coz he certainly was anything but proud of me while he lived lolling.

Good Afternoon, 420!
No grandkids today (we visited Nova yesterday) so I might as well do a Monday Update!

This Super Silver Haze is just plugging right along...She's starting to turn some interesting colors (I usually just get yellow or brown) so she's pretty close to the end...almost all her trichomes are cloudy now, and I'm just waiting on a bit of amber before she makes the ultimate sacrifice..
She's 117 days old now, flowering for 68, so 2 days shy of 10 weeks...she's still drinking the pot dry every
2.5 days or so, so she's not quite ready to give it up yet....

The Saugaview®:
1614022772412.jpeg

And a little different view with the top down:
1614023002451.jpeg

And a couple peeks in through the door:
1614023104212.jpeg

1614023196640.jpeg

And a look at a bud or 3...
1614023331873.jpeg

1614023531501.jpeg

1614023571302.jpeg

She's still fed 4.5g/MC, 4ml Silica Blast, and .5g Bud Explosion- she never has been very hungry, seems very happy with what I consider a low dose for a flowering plant...

Here's a silhouette shot:
1614023834007.jpeg

And that's about all that's going on with her today, she'll be ready to harvest as soon as I see some amber trichomes, but that may be awhile- there's not even any amber on the sugar leaves yet...

One more thing, since I'm in here...
I received my order from one of our sponsors- @OregonHempFlower on Saturday- I ordered some more CBG isolate, and while I was ordering something, I decided to give one of their "Delta 8 Moonrocks"
a try.
The Moonrock is a CBG nug , covered with Delta8 THC oil, and then coated in CBD isolate and CBG kief.

Here's a pic- They tossed in a gram of cbd isolate free of charge, and you can't beat that!
1614024518957.jpeg

Now...maybe I'm the only person on this forum who didn't know that Delta8 THC gets you high,
but now I know it definitely does!

It's like a Delta9 high, but without the anxiety and paranoia that sometimes accompanies it.
There's also not a lot of psychotropic effects- but there is a little, and it's nice.

The body high is exceptional...it seems to me like delta8 thc might be just the ticket for pain relief, because it actually gives your whole body that "warm,fuzzy feeling" :) without getting you too stoned.
I wasn't in pain, so that's just a guess about the pain relief...but my impression is that it would benefit
someone with chronic pain issues- it just makes you feel good!

The moonrock is kind of gooey, so it smokes like hash- a LOT of smoke from just a tiny bit of it- that 1 gram nug will probably last me a month or more...

That's about all- I just wanted to mention the delta8thc thing for those that might be interested...

I'll keep you posted on the state of the trichomes...historically, they seem to take awhile to amber up
under my cheap light, so we'll see if the SSH is any different than the last couple plants have been!

Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support!
And please, continue to stay safe out there...:peace:

That's great, I was hoping someone would give me a reason to order some moonrocks!
They have a 30% off coupon right now and signs you up for a moonrock giveaway, too. I got a bit of Delta 8 flower to see if it's worth checking out further. Sounds really interesting, and another part of cannabis many people don't ever experience. I'll be growing a CBG auto in my big tent next, along with running that Barney's Farm wedding cake again.

Nice looking lady there, Pops.
Some amazing things continue to happen in that box.
Are you force feeding her some of that Terpinator stockpile you have?

Gorgeous look Super Silver Haze Carcass
Thanks for the kind words, Stunger!
along with running that Barney's Farm wedding cake again.
I don't blame you- that Wedding Cake was amazing- probably the best I've ever smoked...
Nice looking lady there, Pops.
Thanks, Son! Yeah, they're usually getting ugly at this point, but she's really growing old gracefully :)
Are you force feeding her some of that Terpinator stockpile you have?
Hell, I was hesitant just to give her a little Bud Explosion...:)
I may try a little Terpinator on my next grow- although I've only got 2.5 gallons of it left....

That delta8thc really surprised me- I think it's a high that your mom might enjoy-it's different in a real nice way.

Back
Top Bottom