Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

She's a cutie!

Probably be straight-up fire. :ganjamon:

I've been trying to figure out a neat little system for grinding up a variety of weed to choose from when I smoke. Kind of like a little "library". Those might work for that! Off to the dollar store tomorrow!
I keep several snaplock containers that I keep topped up with pre-ground bud, that way I can quickly choose what strain I want when packing a vape. Nothing against the folks that grind it fresh each time, in theory that sounds great but it is not practical for me and pre-ground just makes it easier.

Congrats on your ‘warm up’ harvest Carcass. Getting ready for that deliciously purple DDA.
Thanks, HH...yeah, if you blinked, you'd of missed that one...but she sure was an easy trim... :cheesygrinsmiley:
That DDa isn't very big, but what she lacks in height, she makes up for in purple..:love:

Congrats on the harvest! :yummy:
Thank you, candy- If only they were all that easy!
keep several snaplock containers that I keep topped up with pre-ground bud,
I don't like to have to grind weed whenever I want to get high either, so I pre-grind the stuff I use for sleep, about a month worth at a time, and I keep a variety of pre-ground in the plant room for me and any guests that show up- any of it that doesn't get smoked in a reasonable length of time goes into the MBM when I infuse some oil .

I have to grind on a very regular basis even with a load of containers! Lots of weed gets consumed in my house. :cheesygrinsmiley:
full

It's a supposed to be good for plants, lots of growth hormones and other good stuff in it...
@BakedARea uses it too, in fact he's the reason I started using it. He can probably give you a more educated answer than mine...
I can say that it definitely doesn't hurt anything, and the 3 plants I'm using it on have had zero problems since I started using it...but, I can't say for sure that it's the reason..
Awesome! Glad to have turned you toward using it. It's loaded with enzymes and nutrients. Everything soil microbes want to thrive. Every part of the plant will be consumed and benefit the microbiology and the plant. It is truly a win win additive in my opinion.

Here's an excerpt from a post recently.
Aloe Vera Benefits to Plants
Growth & root development
"In addition to human-use, we can apply the stellar properties of aloe vera to benefit other plants – like those in your garden! Aloe contains plant hormones that help stimulate new root growth, aid in seed germination, and can ease or prevent transplant shock. We try to water our newly transplanted seedlings with aloe vera, especially if they’re looking stressed. Another way to prevent transplant shock is properly hardening off indoor seedlings before they are planted outdoors.

As a nutrient accumulator, aloe vera is reported to contain over 75 active constituents, including amino acids, enzymes, lignins, polysaccharides, minerals, vitamins (A, C, E, and B2, 3, 5, 6, & 12) along with choline, calcium, magnesium, zinc & more. These things combined make aloe a natural, mild but potent “fertilizer” for plants. This superfood-like tonic can be used for enhancing root development, cell strength, and overall plant vitality!

Disease resistance & resilience
Aloe vera also promotes a strong plant immune system for disease resistance. It contains three very important compounds for plant health: acemannan, saponins, and salicylic acid.

Acemannan is a therapeutic compound in aloe vera that stimulates the immune system and has antiviral, antibacterial, antitumor, and antifungal properties. It also aids in wound healing. Saponins help protect the plant from harmful microbes, yeast, mold, and fungi.

Salicylic acid is involved in local and systemic plant defense responses against pathogens, by enhancing the plant’s systemic acquired resistance (SAR). SAR is essentially the plant equivalent of the human immune system. It protects the plant and increases its resistance to environmental stresses such as drought, chilling, heat, heavy metal toxicity, and osmotic stress.

Pretty rad, right?! And guess what? We can easily gift all of the good stuff inside aloe to other plants – through a soil drench or foliar spray.. I’m sure you’re eager to try now after reading all of that!"

Source Link

I was in the dollar store today, spotted these cool little 5ml. jars in the crafts section- 5 for $1.25...
the lid even has a gasket, so they're air tight and smell proof!
Seems like they might be pretty handy for seed or pollen storage...or...if you had to mail something that
you really didn't want to get crushed, they'd work for that too! ;)

You could also cure a tiny amount of weed in them...I should be able to just about fill one of them with that runt I've got growing outside...:cheesygrinsmiley:
tiny jars.jpg
Duuude! That's awesome. I need to go get some asap. I've been looking for something like this for soaking seeds too. I have a bag of film containers somewhere but these would work too. Thanks!

I keep several snaplock containers that I keep topped up with pre-ground bud, that way I can quickly choose what strain I want when packing a vape. Nothing against the folks that grind it fresh each time, in theory that sounds great but it is not practical for me and pre-ground just makes it easier.
Yes, that’s what I’ve been doing. I grind up a few buds at a time and then have a variety to choose from when I want it, refill when it’s empty. I have been using little plastic screw top containers but they’ve been lost somewhere during the move. I think they were a dollar store purchase (by my mom) so I need to venture out and see if I can find more. I would actually prefer the glass ones Carcass posted. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Awesome! Glad to have turned you toward using it. It's loaded with enzymes and nutrients. Everything soil microbes want to thrive. Every part of the plant will be consumed and benefit the microbiology and the plant. It is truly a win win additive in my opinion.

Here's an excerpt from a post recently.

Duuude! That's awesome. I need to go get some asap. I've been looking for something like this for soaking seeds too. I have a bag of film containers somewhere but these would work too. Thanks!
The aloe is good as a wetting agent also. Include it to help dry, hydrophobic soils absorb water when you fertigate. It also works to help foliars applied to the leaves stick around for a bit rather than running straight off. :thumb:

My ex-wife and her husband stopped by today (they're in Cali. for a couple weeks from Wa. State) to pick up a little care package (didn't want to bring any across the borders), and she also dropped off a little package from my son...Have you ever heard of "Cheesy Monkey's Ass?" I hadn't either, till now...:cheesygrinsmiley: That, and the Silverback are from another long-time forum member, who shall remain anonymous for now;)
Seeds from J.jpg

And they left 2 oz's heavier than when they got here...:high-five:

Quotes:
I have to grind on a very regular basis even with a load of containers!
I thought I had a lot with only 5!
It is truly a win win additive in my opinion.
It sure does seem like it, thank you very much for the info!
I've been looking for something like this for soaking seeds too.
Great Idea!
I would actually prefer the glass ones Carcass posted.
I'm going to pick up a few more, maybe move my seeds from their current state of disarray, into those little jars...hell, I might even print up some fancy little labels...
The aloe is good as a wetting agent also. Include it to help dry, hydrophobic soils absorb water when you fertigate. It also works to help foliars applied to the leaves stick around for a bit rather than running straight off.
It seems like good stuff to have in the nute arsenal!
Curious: do you have a tutorial posted somewhere for your gummy recipe? I see bits and pieces of it on your thread but haven't yet found the entirety. Thanks again for everything.
Thanks, Jon- I do, but it's going to take me awhile to find it- I'm not smart enough to save links so I can easily look stuff up later...:)
but I will find it, and I'll tag you when I do!
Meanwhile, I can post up the recipe, in case you don't have it yet..there's some pretty good explanations in there, but I'll still track down the tutorial for you! (give me a day or 2)
============================================================================

The Recipe:
(I already added lecithin to the oil in the MBM)
So now you've got the oil,and you want to make some gummies...here's how I do it...
You'll need:
1 pkg sugar free jello mix (0.6 oz size)
1pkg regular (with sugar) jello mix (3 oz size)
2 1/4 oz.packets plain gelatin
1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup water <------ you can substitute your favorite liqueur for the water,or the corn syrup, for a little less "sweetness"
1/2 cup infused oil (I infuse 1oz. mj per cup of oil)

Put all the dry ingredients in a pan, add the water and corn syrup.

Heat it on medium heat,stirring constantly,till it just starts to boil around the edges.

All the powdered stuff should be well dissolved before adding the oil...<--- Important!!

Add the oil and keep stirring till it just starts to boil again,then remove from the heat.

At this point,you're gonna say "this shit aint working-the oil is just floating on top"

So... to remedy this, you keep stirring while the mixture cools just a little- as it cools it will thicken up a bit,
and the oil will start to mix in- this is what you want.
Once all the oil is mixed in, and stays mixed in, it's time to make some gummies...

Now, you need to hurry just a little so it doesn't set up before you get it into the molds.

Pour the mix into a squirt bottle (put a glove on,it's hot) , fill your gummy molds,and stick them in the freezer.

There will be some of the mixture stuck in the squirt bottle and in the pan- you can either just wash it out, or you can eat it for a nice buzz- just don't eat too much-it's easy to end up "too high" if you're not careful.

After they set up, pop them out of the molds into a tupperware container, or anything with a lid that seals.

You can store them at room temp,but they get a little oily above 78f ,so I keep them in the freezer.

and there ya go!

*Strawberry Banana jello does a real good job of (almost) hiding the cannabis taste.

I was in the dollar store today, spotted these cool little 5ml. jars in the crafts section- 5 for $1.25...
the lid even has a gasket, so they're air tight and smell proof!
Seems like they might be pretty handy for seed or pollen storage...or...if you had to mail something that
you really didn't want to get crushed, they'd work for that too! ;)

You could also cure a tiny amount of weed in them...I should be able to just about fill one of them with that runt I've got growing outside...:cheesygrinsmiley:
tiny jars.jpg

Here's my dollar store collection:

Drug Stash.jpg

Could this be the tutorial?
Thanks so much for finding that, Boo! :love:

Actually, that one is a little better than the one I did... @jonoldstyle -here's one by my son that should tell you everything you need to know!
Here's my dollar store collection:

Cool, HashGirl! you just never know what you'll find at the dollar store- Mrs.C. uses those for some of her spices!

In fact, I stopped by there this morning to get more tiny jars (I am going to organize my seed collection)
And I found these cool water squirters- So I got one for the granddaughter, who's coming over today to play in the kiddie pool, and one for grandpa, to suck the runoff out of the pan under his indoor plant!

I've been using a turkey baster, which works fine, but takes awhile to do- the squirter holds 1.25 cups, so 2 squirters full will just about get all the runoff outa there...

squirt.jpg

squirt 2.jpg

*Credit where credit is due- @NuttyProfessor suggested using a super soaker for runoff quite awhile back, and these are the dollar store equivalent of a super soaker.

Great, now I'm going to have to pick up one of those ;) I've been using a turkey baster too, now I feel like the turkey.

I've been using a turkey baster too, now I feel like the turkey.
I had a little siphon pump I was going to use, till I discovered it didn't work, so I've been using a baster for a couple months- It gets the job done just fine, but it takes way too long.
Hopefully this turns watering the plant from a half hour job to a 15 minute job.. :)
Everybody wins!
Not quite- I should have bought 3...but I guess I could loan mine to little Nova- :love:
Kind of amazing what you can find at the "Grow Store"
Ha! When I'm looking around in there, I'm always thinking "how can I use that in my grows?":hmmmm:

Thanks so much for finding that, Boo! :love:

Actually, that one is a little better than the one I did... @jonoldstyle -here's one by my son that should tell you everything you need to know!

Cool, HashGirl! you just never know what you'll find at the dollar store- Mrs.C. uses those for some of her spices!

In fact, I stopped by there this morning to get more tiny jars (I am going to organize my seed collection)
And I found these cool water squirters- So I got one for the granddaughter, who's coming over today to play in the kiddie pool, and one for grandpa, to suck the runoff out of the pan under his indoor plant!

I've been using a turkey baster, which works fine, but takes awhile to do- the squirter holds 1.25 cups, so 2 squirters full will just about get all the runoff outa there...

squirt.jpg

squirt 2.jpg

*Credit where credit is due- @NuttyProfessor suggested using a super soaker for runoff quite awhile back, and these are the dollar store equivalent of a super soaker.
I used one of those squirters about three years ago. It worked pretty well for removing my runoff...until I stepped on it.

Congrats on the tiny harvest!

Back
Top Bottom