CBD Joy: A Community Garden Experience

Hi All,

Not much to report on our two CBDutch plants. We are waiting for harvest day.

Here are two pics. Both plants are just over six feet tall.

20170920_164117.jpg

20170920_164059.jpg

Peace. :peace:
Are they CBDutch Treat plants???

Hope so, I love mine, is a great smoke and great medication

Good luck with them

They are CBDutch!

Here's how they looked when moved outside. You will have to look at post #117 to see the pics, I couldn't get the pics to load.

Dutch 1 was 47" tall and Dutch 2 was 44" tall. That was July 21, 2017. They were not looking too great and had outgrown the tent. They are now 135 days old and both are over 72" tall.

HG & FP's Summer 2017 Grow - Freedom - CB Dutch Treat - Durban Poison

They are CBDutch!

Here's how they looked when moved outside. You will have to look at post #117 to see the pics, I couldn't get the pics to load.

Dutch 1 was 47" tall and Dutch 2 was 44" tall. That was July 21, 2017. They were not looking too great and had outgrown the tent. They are now 135 days old and both are over 72" tall.

They look great FP! So glad you're going to get a harvest. .. you & HG must be too!

Pulling up a chair for the learning! I may be a little late, but CBD has become my new passion. There is a store that sells CBD products and we have seen such a huge difference in anxiety levels in my son and his fiancé. The owner of the store stated that the reason there is both THC and CBD in the plant is for the CBD to counteract the paranoia/anxiety that THC can cause. However, for years people having only been trying to increase the THC portion and in many strains that ratio is out of balance causing individuals to crave more bud/oil to get more CBD, but smoking more just causes the individual to be more out of whack and the cycle continues. When my son puts additional CBD in with what he is smoking then he craves less and consequently smokes less but gets more value. This was the nail in the coffin for me to decide to grow. I want to know what my family is putting in their bodies, eliminate as many chemicals as possible and be able to make our own CBD products. Sweet Sue - Reading your posts really make me excited for my journey to begin!

Before prohibition most cannabis was almost equal in THC and CBD. This is how nature designed the plant, and in this balance the body has its most natural response to cannabis. We manipulated the gene pool for profit. People wanted to feel good and THC does just that. More THC meant more money for the grower. It got a little out of hand.

For most physical ailments a balanced ratio is the best starting point. Then you can play with ratios to get the effect you want. More pain, add more THC, but add more CBD at the same time. Keep the ratios as close to the balance you seek. It works like that with all disease. The standard in canna meds is to offer the patient a CBD-rich formulation with as much THC as the patient can tolerate.

CBD not only tempers the euphoric effects of THC, it extends the effective therapeutic window. That means you won't feel as high, but you'll feel the positive effects longer when you have the cannabinoids in proper ratio.

It's all new to most, if not all of us. So good to have you learning with us. It pleases me that my passion helped start your journey. :hug:

Hi Sue - interested in the outcomes of this shift. I'm wondering if you'll notice a shift in the quality of the meds, moving out of soil to the bottled nutes. Are the nutes you use with your hempys organic?

Good luck for the inspection - and even more so for the harvest!

Sorry Amy, I got waylaid for a number of days there. Sometimes it get gets to be busier in my world. As you know, the inspection went off without a hitch, and the harvests have been one after another. :laughtwo: Ain't life grand? :slide:

No, the nutrients I'm using are not organic. I thought that would bother me, but it doesn't. I'm happy to be growing the best plants of my short career.

Growing perpetual is an interesting challenge. It takes a few laps around the track to settle into what works in your grow areas, with your lights, and your nutriemts, and your cloning time, your training style, and your watering routines. Change one of those things, (veg lights, cloning time,etc.) and the flow of plants changes.

I enjoy the challenge of trying to get the plants flowing correctly well, tweaking the system, and then adapting to the changes. 18 months ago, I started in a 3x6' veg and 3x6' flower after growing in an 8x8' veg and a 4x8' flower. I felt I could maintain production and improve consistency in the smaller environment, by using Doc Buds nutrients. While this is mostly true, the smaller veg area led to me downsizing from 10 gal to 7 gal fabric pots, and the new need to store and cook large amounts of soil caught me by surprise.

Things were just settling in when a combination of cloner failure, an undetected veg light failure throwing my veg plants into flower, and an inattentive grower put a big kink in the assembly line. Adapting and refining keep me interested, so I don't have to keep chasing the newest seeds, the newest lights and the newest potting techniques to stay interested in growing. - But lots of folks thrive off trying the newest, oddest strains. I saw someone recently post a photo of a strain that sounded like Old Pig Blueberry Cinderella and Ihad to say, as nice as the plant looked, I'm glad I'm not chasing around after the newest batch of $150 seeds.

That said, I'm not immune to trying new things: I recently tried out some COB LEDs, I am planning to grow a Carnival in hempy (the family loves that strain - thank you), and if ever get an excess of soil, I probably slide an autoflower into the perpetual stream.

You'll recover and be stronger than ever Rad. The kit is pretty foolproof, as my grow demonstrates. :laughtwo: The cloner mishap was unfortunate. Might you be persuaded to dispense with equipment and try TOAST's produce bag method? Just about every one of us who've tried it swear by it.

I hated to see you lose the sativa pheno of the CBD CC. Maybe you'll have the canna gods smile on you again. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Update Day 17: Critical + CBD (auto)

needless to say, i'm stoked :surf:

P9190117.JPG

But the thing that amazes me the most the last few days ... is that she has a lovely aroma already. The DIY grow box is in my bedroom (for easy maintenance access) and sometimes I leave the curtain open when I'm going to be out for a while, to give her some fresher air. A couple of times I thought I must have imagined the smell, or thought I'd left the vaporiser on... then yesterday, when I smelt it again, I thought 'dang it - just stick your nose down there and check'. Lo & behold! A lovely smell coming off her already! I'm looking forward to th aromatherapy in my room as she matures.

Thanks everyone here who advised me about watering - I haven't watered her for ages and she's happier every day :thumb:

I never understood why anyone would think cannabis doesn't smell in veg. Manipulate them a little and they smell the entire apartment up. :laughtwo: Your little darling is keeping you good company in the bedroom. That's so sweet. :battingeyelashes: I know how wonderful it is to have plants in the bedroom. :green_heart: I was considering moving the tents into the living room though, so I could sleep without the sound of the fan, but then I sleep soundly, so why bother. Lol!

OK - here's my DIY 'Tiny Closet'!

if anyone asks, its a vanishing cabinet :winkyface:

vanishing_cabinet.png

vanishing_cabinet_3.png

if you look inside that little opening and look up, you see this: the top is repurposed pegboard (just a little ventilation!), those metal spikes poking through are the curtain hooks...

P9190112.JPG

now, looking down

P9190113.JPG
P9190114.JPG

and from the front, with both curtains open and the special green glasses over the lens...

P9190115.JPG

This was totally inspired by SweetSue's first grow journal. :thanks:

:Namaste:

Your tiny closet rocks girl! :high-five: Well done. Makes you proud every time you gaze upon it, doesn't it? Taking charge of your health your way, and doing it with style.

Amy Gardener said:
The measuring stick isn't square but I know the ones you mean. The one you see folds down 4 times into a quarter of it's length. I bought it cause my father used to have one and I loved it as a child - then when I started doing woodwork a few years ago I just had to get one in his honour!

Ramblings... anyway...

Where are the other CBD happy growers? How are your CBD rich beauties coming along?

I have one of those rulers around here somewhere. It was Dale's bought in memory of his grandfather. :love:

I'm one of those happy CBD growers, here to show off my darling. :battingeyelashes:

I sent my CBD Critical Cure in soil home with Jgrowlove, since I overran the grow with plants and had no room to grow her out. I'm transitioning away from soil into hempy, and this is my first CBD Critical Cure in perlite. All of my soul specimens were trained to fill the real estate by staking and bending. What I wanted for this girl was a pot that was broader across the top to allow me to continue training in the way I'd had such success with.

Yesterday was her day to be transplanted.

IMG_257123.JPG

This pot was shorter than the one shed grown into, so I had to tear her roots apart to get her in here. You'd never know it happened to look at her today.

IMG_257227.JPG

She'll have at least another month in this pot, I believe. I have no doubt she'll make use of every inch.

IMG_257319.JPG

IMG_257424.JPG

All ready to take center stage. :laughtwo:

They are CBDutch!

Sweet! :high-five: Will there be enough time to flower them out before cold decends?

The measuring stick isn't square but I know the ones you mean. The one you see folds down 4 times into a quarter of it's length. I bought it cause my father used to have one and I loved it as a child - then when I started doing woodwork a few years ago I just had to get one in his honour!

My wife has a couple of the square measuring sticks and I have a 6-fold folding ruler.

When I tried sewing as a teenager, I liked the folding ruler because there was always a little place to tuck it away.

For working with lumber, I prefer the flat metal rulers. I have a 6 foot wood ruler, but the glue finally gave out a couple of months ago, so it's in 3 long pieces. I had the glue out this last weekend, but the ruler was tucked behind a stack of window molding from the Living Room. I'll repair it sometime soon, but getting the Living Room floor and walls refinished is a higher priority.

My favorite gardening ruler is a 30" metal ruler that counts from 0 to 30" on one side and from 15" to 0 to 15" on the other side. I bought it for measuring perspective when charcoal drawing 10-15 years ago. I just like the size :)

My wife has a couple of the square measuring sticks and I have a 6-fold folding ruler.

When I tried sewing as a teenager, I liked the folding ruler because there was always a little place to tuck it away.

For working with lumber, I prefer the flat metal rulers. I have a 6 foot wood ruler, but the glue finally gave out a couple of months ago, so it's in 3 long pieces. I had the glue out this last weekend, but the ruler was tucked behind a stack of window molding from the Living Room. I'll repair it sometime soon, but getting the Living Room floor and walls refinished is a higher priority.

My favorite gardening ruler is a 30" metal ruler that counts from 0 to 30" on one side and from 15" to 0 to 15" on the other side. I bought it for measuring perspective when charcoal drawing 10-15 years ago. I just like the size :)

Ha! A ruler fetish. I might have one of those too... I have 4-5 rulers (including a metal one for finer woodworking .). When I was building stuff (before illness changed my habits) I used to love having the folding one always in my pocket - something about the folding (imagine a 6-fold!!! .) ... I've been thinking about making a few measuring sticks at the lengths of the optimum distance for my light (18", 24" etc.). Might make it easier to do a quick check, the folding ruler is a little cumbersome in the growbox...

Ha! A ruler fetish. I might have one of those too... I have 4-5 rulers (including a metal one for finer woodworking .). When I was building stuff (before illness changed my habits) I used to love having the folding one always in my pocket - something about the folding (imagine a 6-fold!!! .) ... I've been thinking about making a few measuring sticks at the lengths of the optimum distance for my light (18", 24" etc.). Might make it easier to do a quick check, the folding ruler is a little cumbersome in the growbox...

I have an 18" string hanging from each HPS light hood.

If you run a HUGE amount of light, like a lot of folks do, you can just stuff the light at the top of your grow area and leave it there. No need to level your plants or adjust the distance, just put them under bucketfuls of light and forgetaboutit - like how the sun works :)

I have an 18" string hanging from each HPS light hood.

If you run a HUGE amount of light, like a lot of folks do, you can just stuff the light at the top of your grow area and leave it there. No need to level your plants or adjust the distance, just put them under bucketfuls of light and forgetaboutit - like how the sun works :)

Mmm yes, why my next adventure is going to be under said sun! .

In the meantime... perhaps a dangling string... .

Hey Sue,

I have some concern about the buds. We have endured a record setting spell here in The Hammer and I'm hoping they fatten up before harvest.

Moving them into the forest was a gamble, so anything we get will be a bonus.

Couldn't resist...
Day 25: true leaves! and decent node spacing i think... I missed the topping window but it's my first auto, so best let it take it's own shape anyway I think. will train it a bit is it's looking to become uneven. she's about 19cm high now

P9270138.JPG
P9270136.JPG
P9270134.JPG

:surf:

Oh and Sue, Rad, Canna et al, I totally haven't watered her for 16 days now. Looks happy doesn't she? :thanks:

Mmm yes, why my next adventure is going to be under said sun! .

In the meantime... perhaps a dangling string... .

I use the beaded strings for this purpose. I just love the way they glisten and throw the light in so many directions. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Like Rad suggested, I prefer to mount the lights up high and let the plants grow to them, but that's not always the way it works out. I have a number of different risers I use to keep everyone where they need to be in relation to the light. I keep thinking one of those mega Jenga games would be perfect.

Hmmm..... I have a bunch of 2x4s that I could cut down to size and give me exactly what I need. I can have Hash Hound bring over his saw and make an afternoon of it. :hmmmm: Not a bad idea, that. Ha! This explains why I haven't been able to get rid of those stored 2x4s. :laughtwo: It amazes me sometimes how efficiently the cosmos works on my behalf. Lol!

Hey Sue,

I have some concern about the buds. We have endured a record setting spell here in The Hammer and I'm hoping they fatten up before harvest.

Moving them into the forest was a gamble, so anything we get will be a bonus.

A bonus touched by the magic of growing under Sol herself. The essential oils of outdoor plants have an energy you won't get indoors, at least not yet. Given the advances going on in lighting I wouldn't be surprised to see indoor grows mimicking the potency of the sun-grown specimens.

Couldn't resist...
Day 25: true leaves! and decent node spacing i think... I missed the topping window but it's my first auto, so best let it take it's own shape anyway I think. will train it a bit is it's looking to become uneven. she's about 19cm high now

P9270138.JPG
P9270136.JPG
P9270134.JPG

:surf:

Oh and Sue, Rad, Canna et al, I totally haven't watered her for 16 days now. Looks happy doesn't she? :thanks:

Yes she does, and you feel free to post as many pictures of your lovely charge as you desire. :hug: My autos often don't get much water at all during the first month. You want her to get so dry that she begins to wilt before you water again. It's difficult the first few times to let that happen, but it benefits the root development.

Love the sign post...lol....

So do I. :laughtwo:

I use the beaded strings for this purpose. I just love the way they glisten and throw the light in so many directions. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Like Rad suggested, I prefer to mount the lights up high and let the plants grow to them, but that's not always the way it works out. I have a number of different risers I use to keep everyone where they need to be in relation to the light. I keep thinking one of those mega Jenga games would be perfect.

Hmmm..... I have a bunch of 2x4s that I could cut down to size and give me exactly what I need. I can have Hash Hound bring over his saw and make an afternoon of it. :hmmmm: Not a bad idea, that. Ha! This explains why I haven't been able to get rid of those stored 2x4s. :laughtwo: It amazes me sometimes how efficiently the cosmos works on my behalf. Lol!

A bonus touched by the magic of growing under Sol herself. The essential oils of outdoor plants have an energy you won't get indoors, at least not yet. Given the advances going on in lighting I wouldn't be surprised to see indoor grows mimicking the potency of the sun-grown specimens.

Yes she does, and you feel free to post as many pictures of your lovely charge as you desire. :hug: My autos often don't get much water at all during the first month. You want her to get so dry that she begins to wilt before you water again. It's difficult the first few times to let that happen, but it benefits the root development.

So do I. :laughtwo:

I know, lol, it was only going to temporary - did it for fun when I planted the seed. But then I became fond of it myself, so it stays. .

I love your hanging beads Sue! They give a playful, magical air to your grow spaces (joyful even .).

After Radogast's comment about the hanging measurers I was thinking I could use the craft beads from Herbies to make some for myself. I'm doing that today. It's morning for me and I'm supposed to be having a day of rest after a couple of big days of appointments the last 2days. I think a little craft beading will be fine.

I'm totally trying to let it get to wilting before I water it .
About 10-15days ago my friend here said 'ooh it's looking droopy I think you should be watering it'... I thought mmm, 'droopy' can be from roots too wet too... felt under the pot, still wet, didn't water. Over the next couple of days she was praying to the light like I hadn't seen her before and then she's looks better every day. We had some hot weather and I had a time managing the environment - it got warm and dry in the closet - but a little spritz into the air and onto the walls every few hours did the trick. I'm managing to keep the temps between 22-26deg and the RH 45-50%. Sometimes the RH drops a lot but never for long (cause she's in my room, I 'monitor' the environment all the time .).

I'm nervous to hang the light high because she might stretch too much. It's a pretty low end light so not sure it would 'cut it'. I figured I'd stick to the manufacturer recommendation for now ...

Off to find those beads ... and my vaporizer (essential crafting accessory)!

I'm nervous to hang the light high because she might stretch too much. It's a pretty low end light so not sure it would 'cut it'. I figured I'd stick to the manufacturer recommendation for now ...

Stretch is an interesting thing. I used to worry about tight internodes in veg, but they actually don't seem to make a difference in the amount of stretch. At this point, I'm much more interested in creating a structure and shape in veg. - I don't have the perfect shape in my brain yet, but I'm working on it for some of the strains that respond.

Today I put this girl into the flower area. I don't think it matters one bit whether she was 12" tall or 20" tall.

20170926_111434-1.jpg

Hey folks - haven't stopped by in a while, but I thought I'd share the current pics of my Candida girl. She's at 33V. Might flip her in the next couple of weeks.

veg-20170927-CD-33V-001-1050x700.jpg
veg-20170927-CD-33V-002-1050x700.jpg
veg-20170927-CD-33V-003-1050x700.jpg

Hey folks - haven't stopped by in a while, but I thought I'd share the current pics of my Candida girl. She's at 33V. Might flip her in the next couple of weeks.

veg-20170927-CD-33V-001-1050x700.jpg
veg-20170927-CD-33V-002-1050x700.jpg
veg-20170927-CD-33V-003-1050x700.jpg

Very nice structure and leaves to make you gasp in appreciation. Well done DobeWan. :bravo: She looks like she's ready to strut her stuff.

Stretch is an interesting thing. I used to worry about tight internodes in veg, but they actually don't seem to make a difference in the amount of stretch. At this point, I'm much more interested in creating a structure and shape in veg. - I don't have the perfect shape in my brain yet, but I'm working on it for some of the strains that respond.

Today I put this girl into the flower area. I don't think it matters one bit whether she was 12" tall or 20" tall.

20170926_111434-1.jpg

Hey Radogast,

Moving that girl to the flower area looks like hard work. Of course, I thought you would be taller.

Your secret is out Rad. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom