Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

Question two is this: If I use female pollen from plant A to pollinate plant B, what is the outcome likely to be? Should still be feminized seeds, but have you created a cross at this point if using two different strains?

In this scenario the seeds will be feminized, and yes you have created a cross of two different strains.

Can you combine two autoflowers in this way and would they retain their ruderalis gene in this scenario?

As Penny said if you start with two fem auto strains (different) and spray one "plant a" and use the pollen to dust "plant b" the resulting seeds will be a cross of "plant a" and "plant b" and they will be auto flowering plants and of course fem seeds.

Buy a bottle of CS spray, drop a gorilla auto seed, and in about 30 days you'll be applying the CS trying to make pollen. I've not mentioned this, but it is not a success every time. Some strains are very difficult to get to make pollen sacks and you may have to try a few times. It usually works though if you are dilligent and apply the CS twice a day.

Thanks for the info Beez, I understand more right now about the process than I did this morning. Thank you! So what if I have one plant... it’s my last autoflower seed of a particular strain. How do we make seeds?

Top the autoflower at the 4th node. Select a branch on which to apply the CS. I brush it on, most spray it on. The stuff I buy is 50ppm and the leaves on the plant don't like having it sprayed on them. Anyway, you apply it in whatever manner you prefer and keep doing it until you see a good number of pollen sacks at which time you can stop applying the CS spray. If you want a ton of seeds then collect the pollen and hand pollinate the plant hitting every bud with pollen. Or do nothing to help the pollination process and you will end up with a good number of seeds. The first auto I sprayed I did nothing after the pollen sacks appeared. I ended up about 120 seeds. And I am pretty sure I quit applying the CS too early and didn't have the amount of pollen sacks I now would want.

That’s fantastic man! I don’t need 100 seeds but the power to make seeds for those strains you just know you want to run again is awesome.
When I buy auto flower seeds from Mephisto, they sell 3 packs and usually throw in a couple freebies. So I always end up with one seed that is leftover cause I run 4 plants at a time.

I’m going back to photoperiods so I can work on my cloning game a little. I can see myself doing some CS experiments in my veg chamber.

Top the autoflower at the 4th node. Select a branch on which to apply the CS. I brush it on, most spray it on. The stuff I buy is 50ppm and the leaves on the plant don't like having it sprayed on them. Anyway, you apply it in whatever manner you prefer and keep doing it until you see a good number of pollen sacks at which time you can stop applying the CS spray. If you want a ton of seeds then collect the pollen and hand pollinate the plant hitting every bud with pollen. Or do nothing to help the pollination process and you will end up with a good number of seeds. The first auto I sprayed I did nothing after the pollen sacks appeared. I ended up about 120 seeds. And I am pretty sure I quit applying the CS too early and didn't have the amount of pollen sacks I now would want.

I would be happy if I could even got another 20-30 seeds from my autos ! That would extend my personal seed storage quite a bit! I am definitely interested in seed making in the very near future!

I would be happy if I could even got another 20-30 seeds from my autos ! That would extend my personal seed storage quite a bit! I am definitely interested in seed making in the very near future!

There is absolutely no harm in trying this Dutch! The worst thing that could happen is the sprayed / applied branch does not produce pollen sacks and you've wasted some CS and lose that branch (you don't smoke or make oil from the sprayed branch) but that's it. The rest of the plant grows as normal.

How long do you usually keep the pollen and how do you store it?
So far the longest I've kept stored pollen was about 90 days. I keep it in one of these. It has a screw on lid. I put a bit of rice in to absorb any moisture. I screw the lid on tight and put the plastic thing into a ziploc bag and into the fridge.

Not much to report today. The two cuttings I took a week or so ago are doing fine. No root to the edge of the solo cups yet but it takes a while for them to grow out that far.

The two subjects of the Colombian Gold seed making project are both doing well. The one I think is a boy looks a little more like a boy today. Here are photos of the girl with her little buds starting.

Here is a photo of the young lad.

He is stretching nicely, the female not so much.

This gal will be harvested toward the end of this coming week. She is the Hawaiian Mayan Gold plant. She's ready, I'm ready to have her out of the tent.
Here is a photo of her on 11/1

Here is a photo of one of her buds...still on the plant

Here is the test nugget I harvested several day ago. Not quite dry yet but getting close.

Back
Top Bottom