Colorful Sunset Sherbet Clones DWC

Week 6 update.

Changed the water last night. Really feels good to finally have this whole process perfected. Only costs us about 30gal and all the plant sites and res are noce and clean for the next week.

Humidity is starting to turn into a problem. April showers and all :rolleyes: so i picked us up a 25L dehumidifier. Going to tie it’s drain line into the waste drain for the res. That way it can drain continuously and we wont have to empty the bucket. That’ll be going down in the next couple days:slide:

The plants are doing great and fattening up daily. Bleaching is still and will always be an issue. But the pistils are exploding regardless and the calyxes are starting to swell and stack.

Smell is starting to turn into another issue. They STINK. Right through the filter and on to the outside. Which is no good. Looks like an inline filter is in our imediate future. Someone in town has to have one in stock. Fingers crossed!

~Stats~
Ph: 6.0 but climbs every day to about 6.2-3
Ppm is around 1550ish. A little higher this week.
air temp lights on 72*f
Air temp lights off 65*f
Rh lights on 65% spiking to 78% on bad days.
RH lights off is 70% on good days now and 85+ On bad ones. Way way too high.
bumped the res temp down to 63*f to see how they respond.

Onto the pics
5817240B-8EDF-4F58-8295-64D15FA02EBC.jpeg

1698A615-621A-4753-8A99-A3751AC5E558.jpeg

0036D5B7-70D4-4ADD-80DD-71DFFF4769E8.jpeg

23607253-8661-42B1-B007-D8F62265266E.jpeg

FF97E6E0-5472-4F9B-8411-592CB45619C6.jpeg

741B17CD-82D3-4090-9D24-B6EBA0547B72.jpeg

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for stopping by :thanks::passitleft:

Time for an date with some normal light photos. it was an eventful evening for sure.

Had to top off the tank with 3 gallons. Ppm had also dropped to 1000 before the top off. So we added back the nutrients for 4.5 gallons instead of the 3 to make up for the food eaten over the past few days. Brought the numbers right back up to where they were.

The clip on fan i had in the back decided to let go of the pole. It was placed in the least accessible part of the tent when it fell so we really cant tell if it took any branches down with it. Needless to say that fan was removed from the class for bad behavior. Took a 10’ inspection camera and peeked over the canopy to see if there was any obvious damage back there. Wont really know for sure until its time to chop so there’s no sense in sweating it now. Live and learn. No more clip on fans. And honestly, getting kind of tired of the limitations of a tent all together.

Anyways lol. Here’s some frosty pics and some expected bleaching. Enjoy! :p

B0091388-16FC-4653-A160-E67645DFEBEC.jpeg

667D56E5-2891-4FEF-86D1-97825C4AD2C0.jpeg

929C94E1-CD29-4C76-ABE0-D26616CECE93.jpeg

AC4FBE61-4B01-4560-80C4-126DFAA2EAFF.jpeg

9C8C4A01-FB85-49AE-BF42-327AC91CC959.jpeg

D5E9B118-0DBF-4370-A378-3E501A34EB5F.jpeg

59E65409-9594-44E9-98FB-1A76FBC018F9.jpeg

3A7A15BE-8941-4A2D-BAF8-FAF9ABE6C647.jpeg

Happy Friday everyone! :passitleft:
Just seeing this update. Yeah, man, you got bleaching for sure. You can see the leaves at the top of the bleached buds are also yellowing. Says to me to raise your light or dim it a bit. Not sure, but that's what it looks like to me. Getting frosty in there!

Just seeing this update. Yeah, man, you got bleaching for sure. You can see the leaves at the top of the bleached buds are also yellowing. Says to me to raise your light or dim it a bit. Not sure, but that's what it looks like to me. Getting frosty in there!
The yellowing you see is definitely from the bleaching. The tops around the sides are a nice lush green still. Nothing i can do about it but let her ride. The light is zip tied to the ceiling and doesnt dim. I really think this strain just does this and requires a lot more space to grow effectively.

The yellowing you see is definitely from the bleaching. The tops around the sides are a nice lush green still. Nothing i can do about it but let her ride. The light is zip tied to the ceiling and doesnt dim. I really think this strain just does this and requires a lot more space to grow effectively.
Yeah they're stretchers for sure. More than double in size now from when you flipped?

Yeah they're stretchers for sure. More than double in size now from when you flipped?
Probably closer to triple the size from day one of 12/12 haha. They officially stand 5’8” from flat ground. But they’re in 5gal buckets sitting on 5 1/2” risers.

Week 6 update.

Changed the water last night. Really feels good to finally have this whole process perfected. Only costs us about 30gal and all the plant sites and res are noce and clean for the next week.

Humidity is starting to turn into a problem. April showers and all :rolleyes: so i picked us up a 25L dehumidifier. Going to tie it’s drain line into the waste drain for the res. That way it can drain continuously and we wont have to empty the bucket. That’ll be going down in the next couple days:slide:

The plants are doing great and fattening up daily. Bleaching is still and will always be an issue. But the pistils are exploding regardless and the calyxes are starting to swell and stack.

Smell is starting to turn into another issue. They STINK. Right through the filter and on to the outside. Which is no good. Looks like an inline filter is in our imediate future. Someone in town has to have one in stock. Fingers crossed!

~Stats~
Ph: 6.0 but climbs every day to about 6.2-3
Ppm is around 1550ish. A little higher this week.
air temp lights on 72*f
Air temp lights off 65*f
Rh lights on 65% spiking to 78% on bad days.
RH lights off is 70% on good days now and 85+ On bad ones. Way way too high.
bumped the res temp down to 63*f to see how they respond.

Onto the pics
5817240B-8EDF-4F58-8295-64D15FA02EBC.jpeg

1698A615-621A-4753-8A99-A3751AC5E558.jpeg

0036D5B7-70D4-4ADD-80DD-71DFFF4769E8.jpeg

23607253-8661-42B1-B007-D8F62265266E.jpeg

FF97E6E0-5472-4F9B-8411-592CB45619C6.jpeg

741B17CD-82D3-4090-9D24-B6EBA0547B72.jpeg

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for stopping by :thanks::passitleft:
Missed the part about the stink. Lmao!!! I love the stink. But obviously it needs to be controlled. My autos are stinky already too, but you'd never know so far until you opened the tent. I use a six inch filter with the Australian high end charcoal. They work very well. AC Infinity makes a great one to go with their fans. And you can put it anywhere, it doesn't have to be hung. A filter and a cheap exhaust fan out a bottom port would probably do you just fine.

I'm getting sick of the tent thing too already. I want a dedicated grow room that is big and entirely climate controlled. Like everyone wants I guess. Heh.

I had to make a climate decision too. Today I am buying (ouch) a 10,000 BTU air conditioning unit. I really don't want to, but I can't keep the auto tent below 84 with all the lights on in the daytime after like 10 am. They're all budding now, and I want those numbers to be more like 68-72. Only way I can do it is to cool down the garage itself and operate with the garage door closed all the time. This problem also illustrates the difference in quality of tent between Gorilla and everything else. There's no comparison. The Gorilla is so thick and well insulated that I can literally create just about any environment I want. The climate stays pretty consistent regardless of the outside weather. Granted it's further back in the garage from the garage door where the heat is, but still the whole garage gets equally hot. The auto tent is a Topolite cheapie. It works fine but the walls and insulation are much thinner, the zippers let out pinholes of light (thus the autos in this tent), and it is WAY more subject to the outside environment. I will never again get another tent that is not a Gorilla.

Getting a little tired of spending money on this grow. And I can't wait to see my electric bill with 20,000 BTU's going with three AC units. Christ.

Probably closer to triple the size from day one of 12/12 haha. They officially stand 5’8” from flat ground. But they’re in 5gal buckets sitting on 5 1/2” risers.
Guess it's a bit late now, but would it be at all possible to eliminate the 5 1/2" risers? That might solve the light issue.

Missed the part about the stink. Lmao!!! I love the stink. But obviously it needs to be controlled. My autos are stinky already too, but you'd never know so far until you opened the tent. I use a six inch filter with the Australian high end charcoal. They work very well. AC Infinity makes a great one to go with their fans. And you can put it anywhere, it doesn't have to be hung. A filter and a cheap exhaust fan out a bottom port would probably do you just fine.

I'm getting sick of the tent thing too already. I want a dedicated grow room that is big and entirely climate controlled. Like everyone wants I guess. Heh.

I had to make a climate decision too. Today I am buying (ouch) a 10,000 BTU air conditioning unit. I really don't want to, but I can't keep the auto tent below 84 with all the lights on in the daytime after like 10 am. They're all budding now, and I want those numbers to be more like 68-72. Only way I can do it is to cool down the garage itself and operate with the garage door closed all the time. This problem also illustrates the difference in quality of tent between Gorilla and everything else. There's no comparison. The Gorilla is so thick and well insulated that I can literally create just about any environment I want. The climate stays pretty consistent regardless of the outside weather. Granted it's further back in the garage from the garage door where the heat is, but still the whole garage gets equally hot. The auto tent is a Topolite cheapie. It works fine but the walls and insulation are much thinner, the zippers let out pinholes of light (thus the autos in this tent), and it is WAY more subject to the outside environment. I will never again get another tent that is not a Gorilla.

Getting a little tired of spending money on this grow. And I can't wait to see my electric bill with 20,000 BTU's going with three AC units. Christ.
We have a pretty good filter in there now. It's a 6" x 24" Phat Filter and weighs 29lbs. rated at 500cfm with an AC infinity fan pulling through it on speed 9 out of 10. I think it's just a stinky strain. The clones stank before they even rooted. I'm gonna add an inline filter to the other side of the exhaust line for the fan to push through. This should also act as a muffler for the opening on the outside. This will also be filter #4 we have tried to contain this strain's stank.

How are you doing with RH? That's our real killer here and I'm sure you have your troubles with it as well. I've been reading a lot on how RH affects air temps. High RH can make the AC's job at cooling the air more difficult since it also has to cool the moisture in the air as well. How is the RH in the garage itself? Not inside the tents, but in the room the tents get their air from. If the garage air were dryer, it would make the AC's job at cooling air going into the tents more efficient. I'm about to put these theories to the test this week.

Guess it's a bit late now, but would it be at all possible to eliminate the 5 1/2" risers? That might solve the light issue.
Cant tell you how many times we've considered doing that lol. But the system is full of roots from 4 monster plants and all the buckets being more or less permanently attached to each other. It would take more sets of hands than i would have room for the bodies in this closet to lift everything while another person slides all the risers out and moves the scrog net down.

A small army of 3 year old's would be the perfect size for the job, but i think we would have better luck getting our cats to figure it out :laugh:

We have a pretty good filter in there now. It's a 6" x 24" Phat Filter and weighs 29lbs. rated at 500cfm with an AC infinity fan pulling through it on speed 9 out of 10. I think it's just a stinky strain. The clones stank before they even rooted. I'm gonna add an inline filter to the other side of the exhaust line for the fan to push through. This should also act as a muffler for the opening on the outside. This will also be filter #4 we have tried to contain this strain's stank.

How are you doing with RH? That's our real killer here and I'm sure you have your troubles with it as well. I've been reading a lot on how RH affects air temps. High RH can make the AC's job at cooling the air more difficult since it also has to cool the moisture in the air as well. How is the RH in the garage itself? Not inside the tents, but in the room the tents get their air from. If the garage air were dryer, it would make the AC's job at cooling air going into the tents more efficient. I'm about to put these theories to the test this week.

Cant tell you how many times we've considered doing that lol. But the system is full of roots from 4 monster plants and all the buckets being more or less permanently attached to each other. It would take more sets of hands than i would have room for the bodies in this closet to lift everything while another person slides all the risers out and moves the scrog net down.

A small army of 3 year old's would be the perfect size for the job, but i think we would have better luck getting our cats to figure it out :laugh:
LMAO! Wow, stink city. FOUR filters and it still stinks? My GOD. Now I'm worried about mine! Lol.

Rh is surprisingly manageable so far. I have the photos around 68 degrees and 45% Rh when the wake up in the morning, and if I keep garage door closed and house door open, I don't even have to use the AC on the photo/Gorilla. It warms up to 84-85 and about 60% Rh at the hottest part of the day, but I've found these strains really like it warmer, so I've been letting them live at 85 for about four hours a day. If it goes over 85 I switch the AC on and that brings it back immediately to the mid 70s. All of that I'm really happy with in veg, and I have five fans in there so the air is moving like crazy (without the plants getting any direct "wind" per se) and that cools it down a lot too. However, for budding, when I want it 30-40% Rh ideally, I have a dehumidifier that comes today. It's small enough to sit on the frame of the screen in a corner, which is also where I installed a fan already. That way I will be dehumidifying the climate zone where the buds are when the time comes. And yes, I am getting the third AC unit today to cool the garage and yes, there's no doubt that it will make the other AC units jobs easier and maybe unnecessary at all in the Gorilla/photo tent.

The problem is the auto tent, cuz of the thin canvas and cuz it's directly next to the garage door. When the sun hits the garage it's over. The whole door gets hot as shit. And that heat then travels through the air about five feet and hits one side of the auto tent square on, and the rest as it heats the garage. With the house door open and the garage door closed it's manageable for the autos, but just BARELY. I'm talking 83 degrees best case scenario from noon til the sun goes down. That's with the AC on HIGH. And all the plants are either budding or in preflower. I considered moving the attejiere (sp?) with the AC unit on it CLOSER to the tent, so that the length of hose the AC air is traveling through before entering the tent was way less. I could trim about two feet of length with a lot of pain in the ass work. But I didn't think that would allow me to get into the low 70s to bud these guys and colder even at night to bring out their colors and odors. Thus, the solution of the larger AC unit to cool the garage itself. If it works well enough I will go back to full spectrum on the blurples instead of the reds, cuz obviously I want that more. But it adds too much heat. The reds only are way cooler. So if that works, great. If not, also great. They get enough full spectrum from the new light alone to bud fantastically, so if they just stay as supplemental reds I can live with it. We"ll see. I am hoping I can make the garage 68 degrees. That would be ideal. The house inside is around 76-78 degrees and around 55-60% Rh, so with the big unit and the door to the house now just cracked for the rest of the grow, it should work out great. Costing me, but I'm so happy with this entire grow and already thinking it's epic (lol) that I am simply unwilling to compromise anymore and if that means the last $250 piece of equipment, well, then it does. And it is! I'll let you know how it goes this evening.

I have 14 nieces and nephews, but they're long past three years old and they're all too big already. Sorry, can't help you with your midget army.

:goodluck:

LMAO! Wow, stink city. FOUR filters and it still stinks? My GOD. Now I'm worried about mine! Lol.

Rh is surprisingly manageable so far. I have the photos around 68 degrees and 45% Rh when the wake up in the morning, and if I keep garage door closed and house door open, I don't even have to use the AC on the photo/Gorilla. It warms up to 84-85 and about 60% Rh at the hottest part of the day, but I've found these strains really like it warmer, so I've been letting them live at 85 for about four hours a day. If it goes over 85 I switch the AC on and that brings it back immediately to the mid 70s. All of that I'm really happy with in veg, and I have five fans in there so the air is moving like crazy (without the plants getting any direct "wind" per se) and that cools it down a lot too. However, for budding, when I want it 30-40% Rh ideally, I have a dehumidifier that comes today. It's small enough to sit on the frame of the screen in a corner, which is also where I installed a fan already. That way I will be dehumidifying the climate zone where the buds are when the time comes. And yes, I am getting the third AC unit today to cool the garage and yes, there's no doubt that it will make the other AC units jobs easier and maybe unnecessary at all in the Gorilla/photo tent.

The problem is the auto tent, cuz of the thin canvas and cuz it's directly next to the garage door. When the sun hits the garage it's over. The whole door gets hot as shit. And that heat then travels through the air about five feet and hits one side of the auto tent square on, and the rest as it heats the garage. With the house door open and the garage door closed it's manageable for the autos, but just BARELY. I'm talking 83 degrees best case scenario from noon til the sun goes down. That's with the AC on HIGH. And all the plants are either budding or in preflower. I considered moving the attejiere (sp?) with the AC unit on it CLOSER to the tent, so that the length of hose the AC air is traveling through before entering the tent was way less. I could trim about two feet of length with a lot of pain in the ass work. But I didn't think that would allow me to get into the low 70s to bud these guys and colder even at night to bring out their colors and odors. Thus, the solution of the larger AC unit to cool the garage itself. If it works well enough I will go back to full spectrum on the blurples instead of the reds, cuz obviously I want that more. But it adds too much heat. The reds only are way cooler. So if that works, great. If not, also great. They get enough full spectrum from the new light alone to bud fantastically, so if they just stay as supplemental reds I can live with it. We"ll see. I am hoping I can make the garage 68 degrees. That would be ideal. The house inside is around 76-78 degrees and around 55-60% Rh, so with the big unit and the door to the house now just cracked for the rest of the grow, it should work out great. Costing me, but I'm so happy with this entire grow and already thinking it's epic (lol) that I am simply unwilling to compromise anymore and if that means the last $250 piece of equipment, well, then it does. And it is! I'll let you know how it goes this evening.

I have 14 nieces and nephews, but they're long past three years old and they're all too big already. Sorry, can't help you with your midget army.

:goodluck:
Nice and sorted out. Sounds like you got it under control with one more unit. One more lol. LAST one. Man does that sound familiar lol.

We aren't running all 4 filters lol. One was tossed a while back, another was used for a few months and was swapped for the current filter when it failed to work. That change made things better, but still not contained. An inline filter would be the least invasive way to add a second filter to the tent without having to re-work everything completely.

Nice and sorted out. Sounds like you got it under control with one more unit. One more lol. LAST one. Man does that sound familiar lol.

We aren't running all 4 filters lol. One was tossed a while back, another was used for a few months and was swapped for the current filter when it failed to work. That change made things better, but still not contained. An inline filter would be the least invasive way to add a second filter to the tent without having to re-work everything completely.
Oh, lol. I was gonna say, that would have to be the stinkiest, dankest bud ever grown to overpower FOUR filters. Now it makes sense. Well shoot, two ought to do it, yes?

Oh, lol. I was gonna say, that would have to be the stinkiest, dankest bud ever grown to overpower FOUR filters. Now it makes sense. Well shoot, two ought to do it, yes?
We really hope so lol :nervous-guy:

Little mid week update. Been busy as all get out with life lately. If it’s not one thing, its something else. But the ladies are plugging away :yummy:

Finally ducted the AC into the tent. Managed to drop canopy temps by about 8* with the light on. Now they sit at 69* lights on, and 60* lights out.

The spring heat and humidity is here also. Humidity has been spiking pretty bad about every other day. Time to set up the dehumidifier with the very limited space we have. Its going on a scrap wood stand behind the res over the drain lines and feed pump. The tank will drain directly into our stealth drain via a T fitting added into the res drain line. No draining buckets or moving water :slide:

Bleaching is still an issue, that i’m honestly not really trying to fix at this point. Theres no room and everything developing under the bleach looks frosty and healthy anyways. If we lose a little potency on the very tips of a few buds, no big deal. There are PLENTY more in there. Pictures really don't do any justice in this little tent.
Enough rambling, onto the pics :passitleft:

91AC93B9-821B-477E-80A8-5B476382ED08.jpeg

you can see the AC inlet on the right there below the light.

4EBC6DA5-C936-48B6-AA5E-F7747FDAC945.jpeg

F8A5EE64-5554-48A3-BD79-A311685F9154.jpeg

AFD7F770-0B06-4803-8E00-B52473C541B1.jpeg

this is the drain line. you can see the ball valve used to drain the res and the T fitting for the dehumidifier. Drains right through the wall to the left there into the gutter drain

2AF36531-4901-4DB2-8555-366ADE66C79E.jpeg

this is the janky lookin stand i made for the dehumidifier. Its not pretty, but its solid and doesnt wobble at all.
F495D4C1-93B7-49B2-BF97-04E0A6490DB2.jpeg

“daytime” temps. #1 is below the canopy, #2 is in the canopy under the light, and #3 is in the ceiling above the light.

Happy Thursday everyone! We almost made it :slide:

Looking fantastic :high-five: That cooler temp difference should hopefully bring out some nice color as well!
Thanks @Rexer. That is the goal to bring out some colors. These clones were as purple as a plum when they were taken so we know they have it in them.

if the color doesnt come soon we may experiment with dropping the chiller temps down even further to see if it helps. It’s set at 64*f right now.

Little mid week update. Been busy as all get out with life lately. If it’s not one thing, its something else. But the ladies are plugging away :yummy:

Finally ducted the AC into the tent. Managed to drop canopy temps by about 8* with the light on. Now they sit at 69* lights on, and 60* lights out.

The spring heat and humidity is here also. Humidity has been spiking pretty bad about every other day. Time to set up the dehumidifier with the very limited space we have. Its going on a scrap wood stand behind the res over the drain lines and feed pump. The tank will drain directly into our stealth drain via a T fitting added into the res drain line. No draining buckets or moving water :slide:

Bleaching is still an issue, that i’m honestly not really trying to fix at this point. Theres no room and everything developing under the bleach looks frosty and healthy anyways. If we lose a little potency on the very tips of a few buds, no big deal. There are PLENTY more in there. Pictures really don't do any justice in this little tent.

this is the drain line. you can see the ball valve used to drain the res and the T fitting for the dehumidifier. Drains right through the wall to the left there into the gutter drain

this is the janky lookin stand i made for the dehumidifier. Its not pretty, but its solid and doesnt wobble at all.

“daytime” temps. #1 is below the canopy, #2 is in the canopy under the light, and #3 is in the ceiling above the light.

Happy Thursday my friend. Beautiful set up i love ingenuity. :goodjob:
Ladies have filled in nicely.

Happy Thursday my friend. Beautiful set up i love ingenuity. :goodjob:
Ladies have filled in nicely.
Thanks @Bill284 :thanks: This closet will always be a work in progress lol. Im hoping to squeeze some color out of them and join your purple thread. Should look cool with the bleaching if we can make it happen:yummy:

Thanks @Bill284 :thanks: This closet will always be a work in progress lol. Im hoping to squeeze some color out of them and join your purple thread. Should look cool with the bleaching if we can make it happen:yummy:
Don't worry if they don't turn purple post a couple nice shots. Beautiful buds are beautiful buds, I don't mind what color they are.
Bill

If you insulate that AC ducting (between the AC and the tent you will get two or three or four more degrees of cooling out of it. I know cuz I've used this setup three times now. Otherwise it's gonna drip anyway.

Back
Top Bottom