Colorful Sunset Sherbet Clones DWC

Water change update :headbanger:

Week 5 has begun. Somewhere along this journal my count went off a bit but this will be the start of week 5. Same as week 4 just with higher carb amounts and doubled the dose of purpinator from 6ml/gal to 12ml/gal.

Air temp is 73 light on and mid to low 60’s lights out.

RH has been nice and low in the 50’s lately but I’m sure that’ll change this week at some point.

Ph is still being held at 6.0 give or take .1

ppm is 1450ish. Its high but no burning :yahoo:

Also had to supercrop 3 tops over the weekend. 2 made contact with the glass and one grew right up into the bottom of the fan. They’re starting to get heavy as they cant sit at 90* without bending further down :p

they’re getting real frosty and sticky. Gonna have to start wearing gloves in there :yummy:

F04267A8-43AD-46FA-A9AA-4230A2E01638.jpeg

0A08D8C3-8221-49DB-B048-436426F2CDBF.jpeg
244045BC-6C58-405E-B441-65F9A6952A40.jpeg
EEF56D64-9197-43A1-AA07-0111F930BF1A.jpeg
75F5D609-57FA-46A3-BCA9-6652C9FCDBEF.jpeg
7F446DE0-F11B-4FFD-B125-7556393DD082.jpeg

I hope everyone had a great weekend! :meditate:

17E215DD-859F-460A-881E-FB480FC4473B.jpeg

Those girls are stacking up :yahoo:

Also, love the Supercrop Those will be some awesome looking branches come harvest
Thanks @Modest Grower there may be a few more who end up bent over by the time its all said and done. Depends on how close they wanna fly to the sun :cool:

Week 5 has begun. Somewhere along this journal my count went off a bit but this will be the start of week 5. Same as week 4 just with higher carb amounts and doubled the dose of purpinator from 6ml/gal to 12ml/gal.

RH has been nice and low in the 50’s lately but I’m sure that’ll change this week at some point.

Also had to supercrop 3 tops over the weekend. 2 made contact with the glass and one grew right up into the bottom of the fan. They’re starting to get heavy as they cant sit at 90* without bending further down :p

they’re getting real frosty and sticky. Gonna have to start wearing gloves in there :yummy:

Looking great my friend. Can you get some natural light pics, we can tell better how she is doing.
Bill

Whoa, Michael, looking GREAT! You're starting to get some of those big fan leaves frosting a little even. NOICE. The buds look great man, and they look pretty tight, like those little buds are close enough that they're all gonna grow together and make one big cola like we all want. And my GOD you have a lot of buds in there!! Lots of leaves too! Health everywhere. Super sweet man. They've just got to be done growing vertically by now, don't they? And MH, was it hard for you to supercrop? I know you were trying to not do that and you had to but for me it's so hard. I'm scared. You know? Never done it and I'm afraid I'll screw it up and it won't heal in time or whatever dumb thing I worry about. Just wondering if there was trepidation involved for you?

Impressive stuff my man!

Looking great my friend. Can you get some natural light pics, we can tell better how she is doing.
Bill
Thanks @Bill284 I'll see what i can do tonight.

There is definitely bleaching on the tops in the center right under the light :D But it is really just some yellowing at the moment and hasn't caused any brown or crispy leaves . . yet :rolleyes: lol. The tops closest to the light, also appear to be the frostiest

There is definitely bleaching on the tops in the center right under the light :D But it is really just some yellowing at the moment and hasn't caused any brown or crispy leaves . . yet :rolleyes: lol. The tops closest to the light, also appear to be the frostiest
Just don't let it go until the bud tops themselves bleach out and become white. It looks cool but it's not. I had one or two on my first grow cuz like a rookie I totally underestimated the stretch and had to scramble. Lol.

Lots of trichomes on sunny buds, but going into light is an issue. The odd burnt top cola is not great looking but in grand scheme of things not a big problem.
Just cost of doing business. We need light on rest of plant so occasionally we have to make a sacrifice. Don't fret about a main being burnt, as long as rest of your girls are rocking in the sunshine. Just keep supercropping anything that gets close.
Bill

like those little buds are close enough that they're all gonna grow together and make one big cola like we all want. And my GOD you have a lot of buds in there!! Lots of leaves too! Health everywhere. Super sweet man. They've just got to be done growing vertically by now, don't they? And MH, was it hard for you to supercrop? I know you were trying to not do that and you had to but for me it's so hard. I'm scared. You know? Never done it and I'm afraid I'll screw it up and it won't heal in time or whatever dumb thing I worry about. Just wondering if there was trepidation involved for you?
Thanks @Jon :high-five:

I wish they would produce one big cola, but this strain doesn't seem to do that sadly. Or at least it didn't on our last run and these are clones of that plant. But what she does produce, is frosty and dripping with resin. And after pouring through our last journal, i think they will likely keep growing upward ever so slightly up until the day of the chop. Or at least that's what she did last round lol. Funny how a 8 month hiatus and a pound of stinky will make you forget little details like that :lot-o-toke: I was definitely scared bending the first top. The one under the fan got it first to see how she would respond. by the next day the top was pointed at the light again just laying on its side :slide:So the other two in the glass got the bend as well. Now all 3 are turning upwards from their new recliners.

Just don't let it go until the bud tops themselves bleach out and become white. It looks cool but it's not. I had one or two on my first grow cuz like a rookie I totally underestimated the stretch and had to scramble. Lol.

Haha did that to the last plant. Honestly, i couldn't tell a difference from the bleached bud from the others. At least in terms of taste. Potency, who knows, there's never a "one hit" sesh in this house lol.

Lots of trichomes on sunny buds, but going into light is an issue. The odd burnt top cola is not great looking but in grand scheme of things not a big problem.
Just cost of doing business. We need light on rest of plant so occasionally we have to make a sacrifice. Don't fret about a main being burnt, as long as rest of your girls are rocking in the sunshine. Just keep supercropping anything that gets close.
Bill
I agree :high-five:. Any top that kisses the glass is getting the bend. But as for the damage already done, I'm not sweating it one bit. Already making preparations to harvest in stages on this one to give some of the lower buds a little more time under the light. There are certainly a ton of tops not getting their daily dose of photons in this tent.

I agree :high-five:. Any top that kisses the glass is getting the bend. But as for the damage already done, I'm not sweating it one bit. Already making preparations to harvest in stages on this one to give some of the lower buds a little more time under the light. There are certainly a ton of tops not getting their daily dose of photons in this tent.
Great plan my friend. I've done it on occasion.
Bill

Thanks @Jon :high-five:

I wish they would produce one big cola, but this strain doesn't seem to do that sadly. Or at least it didn't on our last run and these are clones of that plant. But what she does produce, is frosty and dripping with resin. And after pouring through our last journal, i think they will likely keep growing upward ever so slightly up until the day of the chop. Or at least that's what she did last round lol. Funny how a 8 month hiatus and a pound of stinky will make you forget little details like that :lot-o-toke: I was definitely scared bending the first top. The one under the fan got it first to see how she would respond. by the next day the top was pointed at the light again just laying on its side :slide:So the other two in the glass got the bend as well. Now all 3 are turning upwards from their new recliners.

Haha did that to the last plant. Honestly, i couldn't tell a difference from the bleached bud from the others. At least in terms of taste. Potency, who knows, there's never a "one hit" sesh in this house lol.
I love it. I'll kiss the feet of the next person who brings me "one hit" weed. I believe it exists, but it's not at my house. Lol.

I love it. I'll kiss the feet of the next person who brings me "one hit" weed. I believe it exists, but it's not at my house. Lol.
I can honestly say I've never had one hit weed either. At least not for a very long time. Dabs on the other hand have had me clinging to reality more times than i can count.

Time for an date with some normal light photos. it was an eventful evening for sure.

Had to top off the tank with 3 gallons. Ppm had also dropped to 1000 before the top off. So we added back the nutrients for 4.5 gallons instead of the 3 to make up for the food eaten over the past few days. Brought the numbers right back up to where they were.

The clip on fan i had in the back decided to let go of the pole. It was placed in the least accessible part of the tent when it fell so we really cant tell if it took any branches down with it. Needless to say that fan was removed from the class for bad behavior. Took a 10’ inspection camera and peeked over the canopy to see if there was any obvious damage back there. Wont really know for sure until its time to chop so there’s no sense in sweating it now. Live and learn. No more clip on fans. And honestly, getting kind of tired of the limitations of a tent all together.

Anyways lol. Here’s some frosty pics and some expected bleaching. Enjoy! :p

B0091388-16FC-4653-A160-E67645DFEBEC.jpeg

667D56E5-2891-4FEF-86D1-97825C4AD2C0.jpeg

929C94E1-CD29-4C76-ABE0-D26616CECE93.jpeg

AC4FBE61-4B01-4560-80C4-126DFAA2EAFF.jpeg

9C8C4A01-FB85-49AE-BF42-327AC91CC959.jpeg

D5E9B118-0DBF-4370-A378-3E501A34EB5F.jpeg

59E65409-9594-44E9-98FB-1A76FBC018F9.jpeg

3A7A15BE-8941-4A2D-BAF8-FAF9ABE6C647.jpeg

Happy Friday everyone! :passitleft:

Oh yeah, they're getting bleached. I've had it happen, it looses the potency:( (only on bleached spot).

During the last week,if you want you can snip the bleached portion(s) off- it may trigger some back building in the bud, I've done it and it didn't harm anything. it's just a chance to clean it up and hope it gets a bit bigger.

All in all you're headed for a sweet harvest!

Oh yeah, they're getting bleached. I've had it happen, it looses the potency:(

During the last week, you can snip the bleached portion(s) off- it may trigger some back building in the bud (it's what I do/did).

All in all you're headed for a sweet harvest!
Haha they are indeed. I kind of knew it would happen. Even if we kept the LED in there, with how tall they have gotten, there's no avoiding it now. Supercropping the biggest tops has helped but the ones in the center there have too much going on around them to lay them over. They'll get harvested first, and then the others around them will be left to finish out with a better view of the bulb. Thanks for stopping by Rex! :thanks:

Haha they are indeed. I kind of knew it would happen. Even if we kept the LED in there, with how tall they have gotten, there's no avoiding it now. Supercropping the biggest tops has helped but the ones in the center there have too much going on around them to lay them over. They'll get harvested first, and then the others around them will be left to finish out with a better view of the bulb. Thanks for stopping by Rex! :thanks:
I hear ya, you're obviously on top of this and doing great :high-five:

Happy Friday, things are looking frosty! They really have stacked up since the last update and are packing on the frost.I can't comment on potency for any that may fly too close but I do agree they can end up being some of the fattest ones if you trim off the bleach. Just personal experience

I hear ya, you're obviously on top of this and doing great :high-five:
Thanks man! :passitleft: Just some good ol pant seat driving over here :D. Just letting the universe have her way with these girls :meditate:
Happy Friday, things are looking frosty! They really have stacked up since the last update and are packing on the frost.I can't comment on potency for any that may fly too close but I do agree they can end up being some of the fattest ones if you trim off the bleach. Just personal experience
Thanks @Modest Grower I have mulled the idea of cutting out the bleach. But with them being so close to the light, we're afraid It would just open up more bud to the bleaching since it wouldn't reduce the distance from the light more than an inch at most. The app we're using to measure the light maxes at 3000umol and hits that ceiling about 2 inches below the tops of those bleached buds. It's no apogee meter, but it gives us a reference at least.

It should serve for an interesting experiment for those who want to watch at the very least. And if the potency is harmed, so be it. Couldn't be worse than some of the junk we've loaded into our pipes in the past :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom