Conradino23 Keeps On Keeping On Outdoor & Indoor Using LOS/High Brix Methods

I'm getting there now :thumb:

Canada is getting very interesting as we move toward legalization on October 17. I think all sorts of hidden product may bubble up to the surface. I just came across this which sounds very interesting:

Jamaican Sess
An old favorite here in the GTA, Jamaican Sess has long been a staple of West Indies culture and is rarely seen outside of the 6ix.
Old heads may remember Sess from the hazy days before hydroponics ruled the scene, they may even remember the Sess holdouts who refused to smoke the newly grown electric produce. Hailing directly from the sunny tropical hillsides deep in Jamaica, these landraces of old school sativa's are harvested, compressed into bricks and sealed with Jamaican rum into barrel's for the markets abroad.
The result is a uniquely uplifting smoke, that is earthy and natural in taste- making it perfect for new smokers, social gatherings and those looking for that blast from the past. Sess will typically arrive as a small dark chunk, with flakes appearing more like leaf pipe tobacco than the green hydroponic buds we are all familiar with today.
The best way to prepare Sess is to use a pair of scissors to cut the chunk into smaller flakes that can be rolled into a joint or smoked in a bowl. We do not recommend using a grinder for the product, seasoned users opt to use specially designed razor blade tools to allow them to cut through the dense chunk of sticky bud.
Sativa: 100%

Yes they do bud!!

A few things I've learnt about spider mites so far... they'll attack every plant in your grow room starting from the bottom leaves, where there's little light and the leaves are more delicate. They actually prefer to lay eggs on the tiny leaves around the popcorn buds.

Daily inspections are crucial. If you can find the eggs and remove them all by hand, you stand a chance of winning. Adults have to be killed all, especially females (I still can't say which ones they are).

They hate water, especially cold. Just spraying a lot of it will flush them out, when they can be killed.

I didn't think about it before, but you might get your plant in the shower before she gets deep into flowering and give her a cold water treatment. It should work like a dream.

I also think getting her outdoor and exposing to the sun later might finish the whole problem, cause they hate sunlight too.

And important lesson is to change your shoes and clothes before you check on your plants if you were outside. And never flower them before you get rid of them completely... my timing was bad this time, I had to flower everything I had to finish before mid August, but I'll never make this mistake again :passitleft:

I couple years ago, someone showed how to bag up the pot and dunk the entire plant underwater. You can leave it there for like 15 minutes before you pull it back out. Apparently, the critters Really hate that. :bongrip:

Sound advice! I never thought about using cold water on the bastards.

:thumb::surf::passitleft:

Yeah it's the best thing I've managed to come up so far... even better than pyrethrin treatment.

I couple years ago, someone showed how to bag up the pot and dunk the entire plant underwater. You can leave it there for like 15 minutes before you pull it back out. Apparently, the critters Really hate that. :bongrip:

This is a great idea although I'd have to get a bathtub to do it :)

I feel for ya... I've dealt with mites many times over the years. It's next to impossible to get rid of mites if you have any plants that are well into flower. The trick is not getting them. I've been using a neem product over the years, and I tried it on budding plants and all it did was knock the population down alittle and leave a foul taste on your product. Now if all your plants are in veg,, afew sprayings with azmax been working for me, before I bring any plants in the flower room. I treat anything that is going in that room as if it is infected.

I'm gonna make sure to clean the grow room thoroughly before I start another run. I think it's another way to cover your ass.

And while we're at infested plants, here's SS! She looks like shit, but I can't do anything about it. She's developed a rotting mango smell recently and she's going down in about 3-4 days :thumb:

:Namaste:

I'm gonna make sure to clean the grow room thoroughly before I start another run. I think it's another way to cover your ass.

And while we're at infested plants, here's SS! She looks like shit, but I can't do anything about it. She's developed a rotting mango smell recently and she's going down in about 3-4 days :thumb:

:Namaste:
I love that overripe mango smell. My Zamedelica and Malawi both get that smell close to finish.

Everytime I water my veg plants and early flower they get hit with Doc's leaf wash. It's a mixture of neem and karanja oil. Once they start putting on decent buds I try to hit them with a high pressure foliar spray every 3-5 days (destress. It's a mixture of micro nutrients without any oil base) It is keeping them in check, but I haven't been able to fully get rid of them. I think I'm going to have to get all my flowering plants down at once and clean my whole flower room. Easier said than done... Good luck man.

I love that overripe mango smell. My Zamedelica and Malawi both get that smell close to finish.

I get it all the time, cause that's myrcen expressing itself, but she's getting this rotten/sour hint now, which is pretty cool. I just trimmed my tester and it smells exactly like mybud from last year, earthy and sweet.

Are we now going to have to figure out how long a mite can hold its breath so we know dunk was long enough? ...

Dunno, but how long can they hold it after all? :)

Smoked some SS tester yesterday. Trim only actually, cause I'm still finishing to dry the bud in the jar, but does she deliver! Got stoned very nicely! This one is even more relaxing than the pheno I got last year and a quality high even with mites and all the damage she took. She's still bulking up and maturing trichs, so I'll probably take her after the weekend.

I don't think I'll ever go back to this seed, but something tempts me to buy regs from Black Label, which is supposedly the original line. We'll see :hmmmm:

And some pics of WQ I took today. She should be ready in 10-14 days from the look of her :thumb:

:rollit:

I just combined that with neem and seemed to work really well. Hadnt thought of trying to keep it under the water for that long.

All I did was fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and about 7 tablespoons of Neem oil. I used a large flat piece of foam with a strip cut that I can slide around the stem. It holds all the dirt in place. Going to do another round of dipping today. Haven't seen anything in the last few times I looked, but I am not taking any chances.

used a large flat piece of foam with a strip cut that I can slide around the stem. It holds all the dirt in place.
I read about you doing that in your thread recently and then saw this other version mentioned here. I love synchronicity!

That’s a great innovation Van, I’ve popped that one in the notebook! :thumb:

Hey C! I’m pleased to see that the little blighters aren’t dampening the quality of your bud too much. Must be cause it’s such superb quality to begin with
:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom