DD Stable Of Impermanence

Sorry, I didn't mean to alarm you DD! I just connected yours with Shed's immediately. Think Celt said the same thing had happened to him and he'd topped the plant too.

Nice improv with the fan! I'm slightly worried about humidity during flower as well - very different circumstances though obviously. What kind of RH do you get in there?

Healthy happy looking bunch!

The stretch is normal, how much stretch seems to depend on the strain and its sensitivity to GA3.

Of the 2 runs I made with GA3, the treated limbs on the Blue Dream stretched about 2x the untreated and she produced beautifully using just one plant.

The Pineapple Chunk, on the other hand, stretched like mad and seemed like she would grow herself to death and only produced 9 seed that I felt might be viable. The pheno of PC I had is a contrary bitch to grow on a good day and seems to be difficult to reverse. I learned some things from that grow so even though she didn’t produce for me, I don’t consider it a failure.

So here are some conclusions and plans for future reversals using GA3:

- suggested ppm for reversing plants with GA3 is 100 to 200ppm but too high and the plant will not. initiate flowering

- 150ppm worked for Blue Dream but seems to delay flowering in the PC. The PC took 5-6 weeks to produce viable pollen.

So for future seed production, with unknown strains, I will take multiple clones (4 to start) and treat each with different concentrations of GA3 (100, 120, 140 & 160 ppm) and see how the nut bearers react. Pollen will be collected, dated and labelled as to the ppm used. Seed bearing plants will be grown separate and pollenated at a later date.

With summer grows on the go, outside, I have nothing going inside but when I return to the indoor grows this fall, it is my intent to do some experimenting with various GA3 concentrations which I will journal here for others to learn from with me. I have no issues with grows going south on me, IF I can learn something from them :)

I didn't mean to alarm you
I’m a consenting adult and difficult to shock ;) I’m strapped in, as it were, for the ride and finding the whole thing fascinating so far.
What kind of RH do you get in there?
Mm. It isn’t flash. It creeps back up into the seventies before I empty the dehumidifier each day. With the dehuey it gets to the low fifties - still not great, but more preferable for sure. A larger capacity tank on the dehumidifier might help and I just now had an idea about using a piece of hose pipe to an auxiliary tank so I’m glad you asked. Brainstorming, see. Great minds and stuff.
Before/as well as drilling a hole in the dehumidifier tank I have some thinning of foliage to do. The big Isabelle is overdue. I also thought of covering the pots with cling film, piercing a few holes for oxygen, but trying to stop evaporation in the room as the CBD comes on. Or a mulch, but I don’t want to be bringing bugs in.
can tell you exactly how much the change in your pocket comes too just from the rattle !
:high-five: Nice one :p
The stretch is normal, how much stretch seems to depend on the strain and its sensitivity to GA3.

Of the 2 runs I made with GA3, the treated limbs on the Blue Dream stretched about 2x the untreated and she produced beautifully using just one plant.

The Pineapple Chunk, on the other hand, stretched like mad and seemed like she would grow herself to death and only produced 9 seed that I felt might be viable. The pheno of PC I had is a contrary bitch to grow on a good day and seems to be difficult to reverse. I learned some things from that grow so even though she didn’t produce for me, I don’t consider it a failure.

- suggested ppm for reversing plants with GA3 is 100 to 200ppm but too high and the plant will not. initiate flowering

- 150ppm worked for Blue Dream but seems to delay flowering in the PC. The PC took 5-6 weeks to produce viable pollen.

So for future seed production, with unknown strains, I will take multiple clones (4 to start) and treat each with different concentrations of GA3 (100, 120, 140 & 160 ppm) and see how the nut bearers react. Pollen will be collected, dated and labelled as to the ppm used. Seed bearing plants will be grown separate and pollenated at a later date.

With summer grows on the go, outside, I have nothing going inside but when I return to the indoor grows this fall, it is my intent to do some experimenting with various GA3 concentrations which I will journal here for others to learn from with me. I have no issues with grows going south on me, IF I can learn something from them :)
Thank you for nutting all this out and coming up with a plan. I appreciate your nice clear instructions and the logical way you work things out.
It will be interesting to see whether you find, for example that indica/sativa dominance has a bearing on optimal concentrations.
I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Thanks for your help, kind sir. Your ability to explain things clearly really helped me get past the notion it was too complicated.
Thanks for checking in.
:meditate::surf: :yummy:

Mm. It isn’t flash. It creeps back up into the seventies before I empty the dehumidifier each day. With the dehuey it gets to the low fifties - still not great, but more preferable for sure. A larger capacity tank on the dehumidifier might help and I just now had an idea about using a piece of hose pipe to an auxiliary tank so I’m glad you asked. Brainstorming, see. Great minds and stuff.
Before/as well as drilling a hole in the dehumidifier tank I have some thinning of foliage to do. The big Isabelle is overdue. I also thought of covering the pots with cling film, piercing a few holes for oxygen, but trying to stop evaporation in the room as the CBD comes on. Or a mulch, but I don’t want to be bringing bugs in.

Those are all great ideas!

I like the idea of covering the soil. I wonder if some nice flat rocks would also do the trick, or even a layer of perlite or pumice. Didn't think about this in connection to RH, but of course!

Hey 420. I hope you’re all as good as can be. Better, even? At least, we made it to another weekend :high-five:
There was this discussion around at @syenite’s whare where various claims for blame were laid and Koro was having none of it. Anyway I’m old enough and ugly enough to use a pair of pliers. Just because I need someone to tape the handles to my hooves doesn’t make it their fault how I use them.
A week ago.
She was one of those clones from the second or third cut down a branch so she has two mains not one.
I took her support off yesterday as she is strong enough now that the bends are healing.
As the tips all reach a level I’ve been snacking on them (what? Donkey) so she should find lots of ways to go up.
She’s been helping me to deal with her fungus gnat infestation by not dying long enough for me to get the diatomaceous earth on the top and underneath. There has been no sign of them for a few days. One of the AP’s had them as well.
Here’s our Hulklato lad again, getting rangier.
And the spogs are finally out of the way.
They were never pretty, but another ounce or two in the jar is not to be sneezed at.
The next Isabelle is 50” tall, just starting week 4. Roots just popped on a cut the other day too, so happy to avoid another reveg.
Alright. Thanks for checking in on the Stable this morning. I hope your gardens are green. Have a good rest of your day.
:rollit:

Nice job on that canopy! :cool:

I'm glad the DE is working well. I believe I've seen one lonely fungus gnat this whole time emerge from my DE-amended mix.

I imagine him/her barrelling out from the trenches, "Let's get 'em lads!!!", and not until well into no man's land realising there ain't anyone else following...

"Boy Hulklato" sounds like a new Marvel character.

Congrats on stringing up the Isabelles. They have beautiful flowers eh?

Nice info here. Certainly an area of interest for many of us I reckon. Tag me in for that please bud.

I’m a consenting adult and difficult to shock ;) I’m strapped in, as it were, for the ride and finding the whole thing fascinating so far.

:high-five: Nice one :p

Thank you for nutting all this out and coming up with a plan. I appreciate your nice clear instructions and the logical way you work things out.
It will be interesting to see whether you find, for example that indica/sativa dominance has a bearing on optimal concentrations.
I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Thanks for your help, kind sir. Your ability to explain things clearly really helped me get past the notion it was too complicated.
Thanks for checking in.
:meditate::surf: :yummy:
The pipe from Dehumidifier tank to a hose instead of the tank is often an option and the drip valve should have a connection to do that on. This is how I got round constant switching off when full on mine. Drilling a hole and piping away will do the same if the tanks drip valve doesn't support it. Good thinking brother. Before I knew I could do it with mine , I had similar dilemma so thought more about leaving the drip tray out and taping the "tray present" switch down to allow it to run without it as a start amd wanted to run it into a bigger res. Water went straight back into my soil pots so a nice little eco system developed. I do think a dehumidifier is a great help. It is something we all seem to avoid mentioning to newer growers through fear of scaring them with the additional costs but in reality , if your indoors they become an essential bit of kit. Love what your doing here mate.

Why use pliers for supercropping? Not enough grip in your fingers? (Sorry if that is the case!)

For me personally I like the consistency and convenience pliers give me, especially for really young/tender branches (which are easy to snap entirely), and for really woody branches (which are hard to pinch sufficiently). It also seems easier to get the precise angle that I want.

I get it for the woody branches. And the uniform consistency is a good reason, I guess. This year I supercropped very soft young tender branches, like butter between thumb and forefinger. :)

I get it for the woody branches. And the uniform consistency is a good reason, I guess. This year I supercropped very soft young tender branches, like butter between thumb and forefinger. :)

Haha the strange thing is that my breakage of these young branches was caused by my being too timid. So the pliers ensure the dirty work is done. :laughtwo:

Why use pliers for supercropping? Not enough grip in your fingers? (Sorry if that is the case!)
I just found it helped to control the crush in the woodier stem. Without doing it sort-of carefully they’d have snapped.
The benefit of a hard and fast supercrop over LST is that you can just put your plant where you want it to be, then you can both just go about your day.
I’ve been using supercropping (and insulation tape ;) ) quite a bit in veg lately.

Thanks for stopping in.
Happy sabbath, heathens.
:love::peace:

What'd I miss?

I'm impressed so much of your grow but most with the frost on the Candida and the Alaskan Purple!
They should take a metaphorical leaf from the fungus gnat book. Learn to coexist more quietly with the host.
That would be very nice of them. Instead my aphids gorged on my DDA leaves, like Dionysus in Fantasia!
Week Planner
Love that, but can you do it in flowchart form?
Our twentieth plant harvested.
:yahoo:
I was able to assure them I was on the turps.
LOL!
the veg tent.
Gorgeous. :thumb:
We are day three of five today for spraying a Hulklato for a sex change. It will be three weeks before we know whether I mixed the GA3 correctly. We may know beforehand if she stays a she and doesn’t stretch madly.
My Candida is 3'7" from the top of the 1 gallon pot and shows no signs of either sex, 28 days into flip. :eek:
I was going to do this first with Candida
Good choice to let me do that experiment. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I’m still amazed by the sweet almond oil based topical pain treatment you got me started on.
[remembers to put sweet almond oil in the Amazon cart]
I've also been keeping an eye on Shed's Candida.
:ciao:
Boy bits ahoy, sailor.
:goodluck:
A landracist?
LOL!
Did you happen to see Shed's one where it had stretched so much the plant wasn't able to Amazon Prime stuff to the top growth?
:excellent:
suggested ppm for reversing plants with GA3 is 100 to 200ppm but too high and the plant will not. initiate flowering
Like mine!
For science!
Here’s our Hulklato lad again, getting rangier.
:goodluck:

Good to see our favourite outbuilding round the traps again, Shed.
Since you ask, my friend.
Pain and weight loss got the better of me and I had to trade my lifestyle in on a disability.
I'm impressed so much of your grow but most with the frost on the Candida and the Alaskan Purple!
:cheesygrinsmiley: Shed, I am so grateful for your help in this candida.
like Dionysus in Fantasia!
:thedoubletake:
Bring on the meds, I mean mynads, I mean...
Love that, but can you do it in flowchart form?
Yes, probably.
:high-five:
My Candida is 3'7" from the top of the 1 gallon pot and shows no signs of either sex, 28 days into flip. :eek:
Ow!
Good choice to let me do that experiment
I didn’t have enough mature clones. Soon.
Like mine!
For science!
What concentration did you mix your’s at?
:nerd-with-glasses::love::hmmmm:

Pain and weight loss got the b
Oof! I'm so sorry for the loss of your job and the itis in your pancreas. Doesn't NZ have nationalized health insurance like most civilized countries? I hope the cannabinoids are of some assistance to the never no pain sitch.

Excellent irony pun btdubs!
What concentration did you mix your at?
I don't actually know, but I believe the Celt put it in the less than 180 range?
I've noticed aphids love DDA, repeatedly :thedoubletake:
That makes it true on three coasts: East, West, and west coast of Australia! I wonder if it happens in the heartland. :hmmmm:

I don't actually know, but I believe the Celt put it in the less than 180 range?

If I remember correctly, because Shed’s scale only measured to 10ths of a gram, we worked it out so he’d be in the 150-200ppm range. To get any finer a range, a scale measuring to 100ths is needed or do a 10L mix.

When I did my mixes, I would be in the 140-160 range which worked excellent for the Blue Dream, but for the Pineapple Chunk, I believe it was too high causing a severe delay in pollen development. I still have some pollen from her, collected around week 7 or 8 that I am going to test on one of my outdoor girls whenever they actually start forming bud.

For me personally I like the consistency and convenience pliers give me, especially for really young/tender branches (which are easy to snap entirely), and for really woody branches (which are hard to pinch sufficiently). It also seems easier to get the precise angle that I want.
I like to slowly crush and roll with thumb and finger until malleable enough to push the bends to a full tilt. Exactly same principle but you can feel the tissues giving way better. I feel like Uri Geller spoon bending when I do it. Lol. My current soil girls are fighting back even from that too , I put em down and in defence they are vertical next day.lol they are starting to respect my authority a little now and at least and are going past the knuckle before heading skyward.

Back
Top Bottom