DobeWan's Perpetual Adventure 2.0: The Reboot

Lots of love for Chemdawg and it’s awfully tempting. My reasoning behind potentially 2 Kush strains is that they’re usually best for me medically.

I’ll have a closer look tonight and let you know.

Toast, I can confirm, the Chemdawg seeds ARE tiny. The Green Crack seeds, also from Humboldt, look like monsters next to the Chemdawg seeds.

No worries though - my Liberty Haze seeds were tiny and that thing is growing big.

I guess Chemdawg is a grower, not a shower! :laugh:

That was so crazy, I just posted the Chemdawg description in Grandpa's journal, it specific says it's gonna f*ck with your perception. ;) So make sure you go see a movie or do something that will be engaging. With all the being said, Kosher Kush & Chemdawg. Keep in mind, chemdawg could be a powerful topical as well for pain. Great experiment to try out. :) You always have to grow a kush every time to handle your tummy troubles I can relate to. :) IMO

Pretty clear Chemdawg is the consensus. Ase informed me tonight that he's going to do his "best of" grow next, which includes Chemdawg, so that about seals it. I'm going to drop my seeds the same day as him for another fun round of comparison.

So my lineup to drop on February 11 will be:

White Widow, from Seedsman, the 6 week old I have tucked away under a couple of T5HOs in the veg tent, so I guess I'm not actually dropping anything. I'm not giving her much light or water for now (intentionally) - just 2x at 78W total to keep her going, and she's still in a 1 gallon pot so I'm only feeding 500-750ml a day. She's going to be a massive bush by the time a spot opens in the flower tent for her. I love the wonderful uplifting high of White Widow, and I find its indica side isn't a powerhouse against my IBS symptoms but it's capable and I can have it and be at least somewhat functional.

Pink Kush, from Reeferman. Pink Kush is a strong indica, with a unique physical high - it's extremely strong, to the point that it's had me stumbling off to bed more than once. It's a fantastic medical strain, top of class for my IBS. G2HM, you got it - this is the Violator Kush slot. The bomb medical strain I'm very familiar with; the reason I'm growing my own. The few IRL friends I can talk cannabis with are big fans of this strain. I'm very excited to grow it.

Green Crack, from Humboldt. Green Crack is a 60/40 sativa-leaning hybrid, and in the phenos I've tried, I've found it to have an invigorating sativa high that really makes me energetic. I vaped Green Crack in the spring when I was setting up my grow space initially - for me it was a "get stuff done" strain. Great for weekend mornings when my wife is out with the kids! I'm very much looking forward to doing household chores this summer with the company of Green Crack, although my expectations of it helping my IBS are low if I get a sativa-leaning pheno. If I get an indica-leaning pheno, perhaps it'll be better suited. But I expect to grow 1 plant each round that isn't IBS-focused, as a lot of other strains can't benefit my health. Green Crack should help with stress, which is a fantastic medical benefit as well.

Chemdawg, also from Humboldt. Humboldt's Chemdawg is a 60/40 indica-leaning hybrid, and as PW alluded to, is their take on maybe the most influential mothers in modern cannabis. Humboldt says theirs originates with Chem 91. I tried Chemdawg for the first time about a month ago and have since been rationing my 5g LP purchase, saving it for weekend evenings when I have some time to play video games or listen to music. Vaping it for the first time reminded me of the first time I got Sour Diesel from my "guy" years ago. I had never smoked anything like it, and the high was amazing. I was once again blown away by the deep diesel flavour and the amazing high of Chemdawg. I can't wait to grow more, and to have it for late summer concerts and festivals. Indica-leaning hybrids are also usually good fits for helping my stomach settle without putting me to sleep.

As if it's not clear, I'm pumped to grow these, and to share the grow with you guys. To be continued in a little over a week...

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming!

20180201-all-42V-001.jpg

Amnesia x OG | Violator Kush
---------------------------------
Liberty Haze | Royal Gorilla

I was busy tonight, so no time for training, and things look a little unruly - but in great shape. I'll likely defol whatever they need to lose tomorrow night, and then largely leave them alone for the next week until the flip, which will be next Saturday.

AxOG and LH have reeled in VK in terms of size, but VK has been spending its time building super tight node structure on its more mature tops. I can't wait to see how hefty the flowers get if she stays short. I tried to get shots of a couple of tops to illustrate, but it was tough with all of the veg growth so tightly packed.

20180201-VK-42V-001.jpg
20180201-VK-42V-002.jpg

RG is still the runt, but the tops that came up to the canopy have all come in nicely, so she'll be ready to rock too.

I'm getting excited to flip, I can't wait to take these through flower.

Thanks everyone for following, I'll do one of my big photo updates on the weekend so you can see how they're set up for the final push in veg.

Haha ok cool so maybe they arent selling premature seeds. Glad i asked.. guess they are just tiny seeds then. My black dog seeds were the same next to the chemdawgs. Seed size doesnt matter its what comes out of it that counts! Thanks dobe...

No problem. It's cool how a few of us will be running similar stuff this year, it'll be fun to compare notes as we go.

That was so crazy, I just posted the Chemdawg description in Grandpa's journal, it specific says it's gonna f*ck with your perception. ;) So make sure you go see a movie or do something that will be engaging. With all the being said, Kosher Kush & Chemdawg. Keep in mind, chemdawg could be a powerful topical as well for pain. Great experiment to try out. :) You always have to grow a kush every time to handle your tummy troubles I can relate to. :) IMO

That description is a good one - I was just saying in my write up how I ration my small stash of it for when I'm about to sit down to some video games or something fun.

I've resolved that I'm getting the Magical Butter Machine when funds allow, and maybe I'll make it a 420 / spring harvest gift to myself... and to my family's health!

Dam, I got some Chemdawg and no room at the moment...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

All these Chemdawg grows... would be great to have you joining the party...

The Chemdog crosses are my favorite strains hands down

That time I tried Sour D for the first time that I described above - one of my most memorable experiences with cannabis. My first time trying a Chem cross and I was blown away. This is going to be a fun one to grow for sure.

Not sure where the Chemdawg would fall into my lineup, so will have to pass but for sure will be taking notes. Please drop me a kick in the arse with links to the journals so I can follow along.

Big night tonight, with the plants getting a big defoliation.

I went least thoroughly with Royal Gorilla, the baby of the bunch at 39V. I went further with Amnesia x OG and Liberty Haze, at 41V. And I went all out with the mature Violator Kush, at 43V.

Here's how things looked before starting:

20180202-all-43V-001.jpg

And the end shot:

20180202-all-43V-002.jpg

My overall goal is to shape the canopy I envision in flower. I want to get rid of growth further down the stem that is irrelevant to my goals, like old fans and useless tops, and I want to get the tops I leave in place access to the light. There's an element of trial and error and experience in knowing what to and what not to take. I think about how I want the stems to look in flower - clean on the bottom 1/3, roughly, with a space in direct light in the canopy for each top - and I defoliate to support that.

Violator Kush was the first I tried to defoliate. I made an initial paltry attempt:

20180202-VK-43V-001.jpg

20180202-VK-43V-002.jpg

And gave up to go defoliate the others. The density of the veg growth was crazy. It was just too hard to get it going and I thought I might wait and defoliate later.

I moved on and did Royal Gorilla:

20180202-RG-39V-001.jpg

20180202-RG-39V-002.jpg

Not a ton of tops but those that grew in grew in nicely. I had to do very little defoliation and just have those obvious fans left to take, which I'll do in the next couple of days. I'm still pessimistic about her yield relative to the others, given her size. But aside from maybe a slight amount of heat stress, she has grown healthy and should produce good bud in flower.

Next was Amnesia x OG:

20180202-AOG-41V-001.jpg

20180202-AOG-41V-002.jpg

I think in some instances I left growth that might have been better taken off now and forgotten about, but I'll move quickly on tops that look set not to reach the canopy in the next few days. I guess I'm an optimist for now. I'm pretty sure I stunted at least one branch by giving it too much abuse in LST. None of the other plants show any damage from the LST, but AxOG seems easily damaged by it. Still, I'm happy with where she is.

Then was Liberty Haze:

20180202-LH2-41V-001.jpg

20180202-LH2-41V-002.jpg

Her structure is fantastic, but interestingly I've seen some quirky growth - odd tops trying to grow in weird places, extra fan leaves in odd places, and I had a 3 headed node. I'm not too worried though, she's got a frame to succeed in flower.

Finally I felt ready to retry Violator Kush. Such a slow process to get everything clipped and arranged nicely, but worth it given that I think she has a lot of growth ready to hit the canopy as it is, and should bush back in before flip. I'll be interested to see how she bounces back from such a large amount of leaves taken.

20180202-VK-43V-003.jpg

I look forward to seeing how these fill back in as the canopy continues to take shape.

Great lineup for sure. I like the green crack, very energetic uplifting stuff, and pink kush was also nice.

Gotta say Dobe this is one of my favourite journals to pop into. Great writing and photos, good people, and always picking up something new.

Thanks UA, I really appreciate the compliment! I strive to provide something that's worth the click in my journal, so I'm glad that it's working for you!

Back
Top Bottom