Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

There are a few companies that sell R.O units that re-mineralize the water with Cal-Mag. I plan on looking into this after I move, but here is one that is being sold at one of the big box stores...link.

Hi duggan, i just traded a friend for a hydrogardner pro ro system. Doc said it sounds good as long as it does'nt add salt. So far i think it does'nt. Waiting for a e-mail from the company that makes it. You can check it out at....theperfectwater.com, when the home page pops up click products. Page down and the third unit you see is the one i have. Hav'nt had a chance to use it yet, but the system looks great. Check it out bro....:)

That's a nice unit, 1dube57...that was the one I looked at months ago, but couldn't remember the company or the link. I like it more than the one I left a link for because it reduces the wasted water considerably. :thumb:

Let us know how you like it, once you have it all set up and some time on it...

I sure will shrike, what i like is you just hook it up to your garden hose and make your water as you need it. Very cool no fancy hook ups. Filters are a little pricey. I can deal with that as long as i'm not running to krogers every 4 damn days to get 20 gals of ro water.

I sure will shrike, what i like is you just hook it up to your garden hose and make your water as you need it. Very cool no fancy hook ups. Filters are a little pricey. I can deal with that as long as i'm not running to krogers every 4 damn days to get 20 gals of ro water.

With those units you guys...does the water stay on all the time, or only when needed?What i mean i guess is...how long to run a few gallons through one? Well...i'm BAGGED ,too much MK Ultra. Nite,Nite.

I'm really only worried about chloromines killing my biota and I use a catalytic carbon hose filter for that - removes 97%+. Search for "chlorine hose filter" on the bay. Minerals pass right through.

Apparently it works. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I should have some good pics and an update tomorrow. We're going to focus on the signs of rising brix......As of an hour ago, I've got plants about 1 week into bloom and brix is rising. It will be good to show some photos RE the signs of healthy plants, etc.

As expected, the Willie Nelson looks the best. It's a simple cross of two landrace Sativa's, and it is bright green everywhere, every petiole, etc.

Update tomorrow.

Doc, how late into 12/12 can you do the Cat Drench and not eff up the yield-quality?

Well, it's a matter of personal taste. Too early and you'll wreck yield. Too much and you can burn the plant. Some people like a later Cat Drench, others like me prefer it earlier and like to finish on Growth Energy, which bulks and makes it sweeter, but milder in flavor.

I recommend a bit of experimentation! Just remember that too early will negatively effect yield.

Signs of rising Brix:

Brix should always go UP, perhaps 50% or more, during the bloom cycle. This is because the plant's metabolism speeds up. Brix of 10 in veg is excellent. Brix of 12 or higher in bloom is very good. I've not personally seen anything higher than 17-18, but anything over 14 is going to produce trouble free, stunningly excellent produce.

So, if you don't have a meter, here's what to look for. These plants just got a "monsoon" drench yesterday and it's the dark cycle, so we won't talk "posture" just yet. They were heavily pruned, transplanted and put into 12/12 a week ago.

1. Petioles will go from purple in veg to green in bloom, starting with the top of the plant.
2. Stems that have purple streaks in veg will begin to get bright, lime green in bloom.
3. New growth will be an electrifying color of green and everything will be very healthy.

note: the spots on leaves are from a sulfur burn.

I'll get some pics of Willie Nelson later today or tomorrow, but it has all green petioles and stems, while the others are moving that way. Landrace strains grow better in High Brix soil, as their roots systems are fully adapted to microbes and minerals, while some hybrids are better adapted to NPK and salt. Both will grow, but the landrace strains will grow better.

Picture_007187.jpg
Picture_006205.jpg
Picture_005221.jpg
Picture_004230.jpg
Picture_003238.jpg
Picture_002237.jpg
Picture_001241.jpg

Doc, got a sec?...talkin about brix. Since i don't have a way of measuring yet,was wondering why only some of the leaves are showing a "nice" shine on my two MKU's.They are both looking otherwise, very,very healthy!The older leaves are almost all waxy ,fake looking but looking at the whole plant ...the shine seems to wanna be everywhere,but is lacking just a little bit of something??It's bugging me!They are getting all the sprays as per, and have been in the 10.5 gal pots for about two weeks now.Growing like mad.Got any ideas Doc ,as to what will push the brix up just a bit more?? i don't know ! Thanks .

Doc, got a sec?...talkin about brix. Since i don't have a way of measuring yet,was wondering why only some of the leaves are showing a "nice" shine on my two MKU's.They are both looking otherwise, very,very healthy!The older leaves are almost all waxy ,fake looking but looking at the whole plant ...the shine seems to wanna be everywhere,but is lacking just a little bit of something??It's bugging me!They are getting all the sprays as per, and have been in the 10.5 gal pots for about two weeks now.Growing like mad.Got any ideas Doc ,as to what will push the brix up just a bit more?? i don't know ! Thanks .

Growing like mad, but only the older leaves have the shine?
What are the stems like? Petioles?

What phase of growth are they in?

You might just need to give them a good dose of Growth Energy. That's our main source of calcium and that's where the shine comes from.

Growth Energy is our "must have" drench. I've grown fantastic plants with nothing but Growth Energy. You can't do without it.

Back
Top Bottom