Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc, well, she didn't make it (post #2100). Chalk it up to on the job training!

Ok, I now have two Jilly Beans girls from seeds. One is 14 days, one at 6 days. One with 4 set of leaves, the latter with three. I've learned from my "overwatering" mistake and have let these go until they were very dry and slightly drooping. I watered two days ago with T & T - just a couple of oz - they're in dixie cups - excess T&T ran out the holes in the bottom of the cup. Going forward I want to make sure I follow the instructions correctly. My question is about foliar spraying. The instructions say to begin spraying Stress (I think the old instr. said at half strength? Is this still correct?) when the 3rd set shows and spray both (Stress and Brix) when the 4th/5th set show. I'm a little gun shy about doing so as I don't want to hurt these ladies!

I know, I know - FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!, but I just want to make sure I get it right this time. Does the size of the leaves matter? Should I wait until the 3rd (or 4th) are as large/larger than the previous set? Thanks in advance.

Don't overthink it....just give 'em a nice spritz of the foliars when they have 3 sets of leaves for De Stress and perhaps 5 for Brix. Easy.

Do, when do you chop your plants? Were they just watered? Was it at lights just on or right before they go off? Do you do the whole lights out of 24 hrs thing? Any tips would be greatly appreciated bro :)
Thanks

Do, when do you chop your plants? Were they just watered? Was it at lights just on or right before they go off? Do you do the whole lights out of 24 hrs thing? Any tips would be greatly appreciated bro :)
Thanks

Have you taken study of the full moon theory ?
The oceans , lakes, animals that get hunted all get the influence, even plants !

Have a good 1, Bulldog

Thanks
Hi Canuck...gettin real close eh? I've done alot of experimenting with your "when to chop question.I'l give you my 2 cents worth ...ok! The main thing to remember is chop them before the lites come on...that way the plant hasn't started to "draw" up all it's nutrients etc. from the soil. As far as giving them x amount of lites off hours doesn't make any difference at all.I've tried it lots of times and what i've found is ,just make sure to chop before they get blasted with light! This method works the best, trust me.With H.B. like we have,the resin should be just about maxed out anyhow.Giving them 2 or 3 days of darkness doesn't do much at all.Just chop before lites come on. As far as watering...I like to let them dry out a bit before chop,Hope that helps Canuck. How do they look now anyhow? Cheers eh!

IMG_20140401_140132.jpg
IMG_20140401_140114.jpg
IMG_20140401_140100.jpg
IMG_20140401_140037.jpg

My 4 tops. I appreciate your advice duggan! :)
High brix white widow in a lil over a week. Should have a lil cure by 4/20 and be ready for a nice smoke out :)

I snuck a lil bud the other day and lemme tell ya, it was like nothing ive ever smoked! I was high for the first time! I waned to go run or something but at the same time i was super relaxed and "mind race" free! I can only imagine what the properly dried and cured product will feel like :)
Good times ahead folks!
Oh, and THANKS DOC!!! Couldnt have done it without you! :)

I snuck a lil bud the other day and lemme tell ya, it was like nothing ive ever smoked! I was high for the first time! I waned to go run or something but at the same time i was super relaxed and "mind race" free! I can only imagine what the properly dried and cured product will feel like :)
Good times ahead folks!
You snuck one......to the rope with ya laddy! Kinda gives ya a pretty good idea of what youv'e bin fussin over:) Only gonna get better,for sure.What you gonna try next Canuck?Later!

World of seeds obsession is above ground right now. Shes 11 days old sitting under cfls right now until the led is freed up. Been putting her in the tent for a couple hours a day to get her ready for 900w of led goodness lol

IMG_20140401_140132.jpg
IMG_20140401_140114.jpg
IMG_20140401_140100.jpg
IMG_20140401_140037.jpg

My 4 tops. I appreciate your advice duggan! :)
High brix white widow in a lil over a week. Should have a lil cure by 4/20 and be ready for a nice smoke out :)

Well Done Bro! Very nice!

Good times ahead folks!

Welcome! Now you're an official member for life, with all rights and privileges accorded to, of the 420 Weed Snobs Club. Just kidding about the snob part...but you're pretty much ruined now. Weed won't ever be the same for you and that's gonna be a good thing, like you said.

Im ok with the snob part doc lol. Even the old lady, after half a j, commented on how it crept up on her but at the same time she said she felt fantastic! Later on her words were "soooo....whens that gonna be done!". Lmao!! Ive purchased some sour diesel, og kush and something that was said to be gsc but tasted more like a s s. None of them even came close to that improperly dried small nug i pinched about a week ago!
LET THIS BE A LESSON to those who are skeptical about the kit and high brix growing...if i can do it, anyone can! Youll be rewarded with your first ever real smoke...FACT! Nuff said :)

Oh and those tops are as hard as rocks! And i dont know if you can tell but there are trichomes on the undersides of the sugar leaves at the top...is that a common thing? Anyone?
My next girl is getting 8 weeks of veg time and final transplant will be into a 15 gallon smartie. Can you say monster? Lol
Thanks again doc! :)
Its high brix from now on btw :)

Oh and those tops are as hard as rocks! And i dont know if you can tell but there are trichomes on the undersides of the sugar leaves at the top...is that a common thing? Anyone?
My next girl is getting 8 weeks of veg time and final transplant will be into a 15 gallon smartie. Can you say monster? Lol
Thanks again doc! :)
Its high brix from now on btw :)
Resin is our business. That's the whole point when it comes to high brix.

You've finally grown a "normal" plant! May you grow many more!

Don't overthink it....just give 'em a nice spritz of the foliars when they have 3 sets of leaves for De Stress and perhaps 5 for Brix. Easy.

Doc, thanks. One more ? Girls are in 12oz Dixie cups. Plan is to move them to 1 gal and then to 7 gal week or so prior to flipping. Question is, when's the best time to move them to the 1 gal pots? 5 sets of leaves?

Doc, thanks. One more ? Girls are in 12oz Dixie cups. Plan is to move them to 1 gal and then to 7 gal week or so prior to flipping. Question is, when's the best time to move them to the 1 gal pots? 5 sets of leaves?

Well, there are instructions linked to in my signature. It talks about roots and so forth and when to transplant, etc.

Please read them and you'll find that you want to transplant when they are slightly root bound. There are also tutorials with pictures that show scoring the roots, etc.

I highly recommend reading "In the Lab," as all your questions are answered there! You'll learn WHY you do things, not just WHAT to do.

That Champagne is an amazing strain, Doc - just awesome.

I don't think I've ever seen fans frost up like that - even from your previous grows. Sheesh, the entire plant looks smokable.

Back
Top Bottom