Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Doc,

A few questions regarding 1st and 2nd run kits.

1) I received my 2nd run kits and the labeling is the same as all my other kits. Do you label 2nd and 3rd run contents differently?

2) What is different from the contents from run 1 to run 2 to run 3? I am starting to have a few things left over here and there from previous kits and was wondering which items I should label as different runs and keep them separated.

3) I have starts and clones going in 1st run soil. Is there any concern when transplanting to 2nd run soil?

4) Did I get 2nd run? haha j/k lol.

Take care,

Any2

Hey Doc,

A few questions regarding 1st and 2nd run kits.

1) I received my 2nd run kits and the labeling is the same as all my other kits. Do you label 2nd and 3rd run contents differently?

2) What is different from the contents from run 1 to run 2 to run 3? I am starting to have a few things left over here and there from previous kits and was wondering which items I should label as different runs and keep them separated.

3) I have starts and clones going in 1st run soil. Is there any concern when transplanting to 2nd run soil?

4) Did I get 2nd run? haha j/k lol.

Take care,

Any2

The amendment changes, not the products. Also, you foliar spray less on the 3rd run.

The amendments to the soil change slightly each run. As as right now you can get 3, possibly 4 runs by a slightly complex method of soil recycling which I'm not ready to recommend to everyone just yet.

Foliar sprays and drenches are identical. Only the amendment changes.

If you look at your Amendment package and the Re-charge package you'll notice they aren't quite the same. Especially if you don't mix them and just look at the colors of the strata in the bag. So yes, you got the right package.

Doc,

Is there any concern with using Azamax as a soil drench with regard to the herd? I believe I have run into broad mites, not the orange 2 spotted kind. Smaller clear grey/black ones. 2 sulfur vapes, a bug and pest application and a few Azamax foliar sprays and they are spreading from one plant to another and gaining momentum. They were isolated on a few and nothing alarming a few weeks ago but I want to get things under control.

I had my wife help me out with a foliar application and did not explain clearly enough(she tried) but did say to get underneath the leaves. She started with the infected plants and lifted all the leaves from one to another. Oh well

Could explain some of the clawed, reverse taco folding I see on some of the leaves.

Doc,

Is there any concern with using Azamax as a soil drench with regard to the herd? I believe I have run into broad mites, not the orange 2 spotted kind. Smaller clear grey/black ones. 2 sulfur vapes, a bug and pest application and a few Azamax foliar sprays and they are spreading from one plant to another and gaining momentum. They were isolated on a few and nothing alarming a few weeks ago but I want to get things under control.

I had my wife help me out with a foliar application and did not explain clearly enough(she tried) but did say to get underneath the leaves. She started with the infected plants and lifted all the leaves from one to another. Oh well

Could explain some of the clawed, reverse taco folding I see on some of the leaves.

Good lord. That's horrible stuff.

I think I might cull it all and bomb the room.

Is there any concern with using Azamax as a soil drench with regard to the herd?

Azamax is horrible stuff or the mites?

the mites are the horrible stuff. Sorry I forgot to answer about the azamax. I don't know what effect it might have on soil biology but probably not too bad.

The thing is I would start over at that point, cull, bomb, bleach....I think I need to do it very soon in my room. I've got bug pressure now after doing two runs of OG's in a row. The high brix plants are just fine....the OG's have issues.

Doc,

You can try a product called Captain Dead Bugs which is a biological toxin (Spinosad) for arthropods. Its a bacteria and its pretty much non toxic to humans. It works amazing for thrips, and also some mites. In my case I had both and now they are no more :)

Only the Kessil 150 led 6700K or the 10000K may have some use for growing cannabis but would probably not perform as well as a light specifically designed for growing plants.

Doc, the issues with my plant seem to me (after much research) to be cal or mag or both, deficiency. I have some organic earth juice cal-mag, would it be ok to give it a shot? Im 2 weeks from the chop.
Thanks bro :)

Doc...won't adding that to his HB soil F... it up for next round? If the buds look good ,wouldn't it be better to just keep giving energy with a little epsoms and transplant? I'm in the same boat as canuck with around 3 weeks left. My leaves are all starting to turn lots of "not nice" colours now but the buds are continuing to fatten up with more flowers and resin.Just wondering Doc...that's all. Cheers.

I'm in agreement with you Doc, when you say that some strains just go like that (leaves die off and turn colours) when they're time is near.I'l still try and keep em green throughout growth and finishing but it seems that the strains i've chosen to grow over the yrs. just go like that near the end.I can't seem to stop it,growing this round in your "kit" soil proved this to me. Out of the three MK Ultra's i have this round, only one is "holding" on to it's older leaves,but they too are starting to change and will soon die off. Keeping all the leaves perfect until the end might not be possible with most "frankenstrains", even in a near perfect soil! Cheers eh!

Doc...won't adding that to his HB soil F... it up for next round? If the buds look good ,wouldn't it be better to just keep giving energy with a little epsoms and transplant? I'm in the same boat as canuck with around 3 weeks left. My leaves are all starting to turn lots of "not nice" colours now but the buds are continuing to fatten up with more flowers and resin.Just wondering Doc...that's all. Cheers.

I wouldn't add it, but I've found that when people ask the question, they've usually already added it, or are going to do so anyways.

I'm in agreement with you Doc, when you say that some strains just go like that (leaves die off and turn colours) when they're time is near.I'l still try and keep em green throughout growth and finishing but it seems that the strains i've chosen to grow over the yrs. just go like that near the end.I can't seem to stop it,growing this round in your "kit" soil proved this to me. Out of the three MK Ultra's i have this round, only one is "holding" on to it's older leaves,but they too are starting to change and will soon die off. Keeping all the leaves perfect until the end might not be possible with most "frankenstrains", even in a near perfect soil! Cheers eh!

Yep. Some strains just need high ppm hydro nutes to "grow" right. Look to another strain for your next grow and I think you'll be very happy. But, like you said, the buds look fine.

Doc, i'm gonna do this MK Ultra one more time ,at least.Despite the leaves turning on me late like this i've gained valuable experience with your kit and believe in it fully.I don't mind "tweeking " it a little for this strain.This grow is about to blow me away...just like you said it would .After next round i'm gonna go with "Mazar" ,that is much closer to a "landrace" than MK ULtra!Thanks so much Doc...any more been done with your re cycling the soil instructions? Are new kits available yet? Cheers:) Oh ya ...your so right about guys asking about adding stuff eh:):)

Doc, well, she didn't make it (post #2100). Chalk it up to on the job training!

Ok, I now have two Jilly Beans girls from seeds. One is 14 days, one at 6 days. One with 4 set of leaves, the latter with three. I've learned from my "overwatering" mistake and have let these go until they were very dry and slightly drooping. I watered two days ago with T & T - just a couple of oz - they're in dixie cups - excess T&T ran out the holes in the bottom of the cup. Going forward I want to make sure I follow the instructions correctly. My question is about foliar spraying. The instructions say to begin spraying Stress (I think the old instr. said at half strength? Is this still correct?) when the 3rd set shows and spray both (Stress and Brix) when the 4th/5th set show. I'm a little gun shy about doing so as I don't want to hurt these ladies!

I know, I know - FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!, but I just want to make sure I get it right this time. Does the size of the leaves matter? Should I wait until the 3rd (or 4th) are as large/larger than the previous set? Thanks in advance.

Overwatering is easy to do.. I like the pickup method where you feel the weight of the plant and pot, and I still overwater sometimes lol

Sometimes you want to sneak up on the pots and scare the shit out of your plants.. Like once saw a naner and clenthed my fist 'Why I outta!' and it popped back in the bud and the plant shit itself. You have to lay down the law

Doc, well, she didn't make it (post #2100). Chalk it up to on the job training!

Ok, I now have two Jilly Beans girls from seeds. One is 14 days, one at 6 days. One with 4 set of leaves, the latter with three. I've learned from my "overwatering" mistake and have let these go until they were very dry and slightly drooping. I watered two days ago with T & T - just a couple of oz - they're in dixie cups - excess T&T ran out the holes in the bottom of the cup. Going forward I want to make sure I follow the instructions correctly. My question is about foliar spraying. The instructions say to begin spraying Stress (I think the old instr. said at half strength? Is this still correct?) when the 3rd set shows and spray both (Stress and Brix) when the 4th/5th set show. I'm a little gun shy about doing so as I don't want to hurt these ladies!

I know, I know - FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!, but I just want to make sure I get it right this time. Does the size of the leaves matter? Should I wait until the 3rd (or 4th) are as large/larger than the previous set? Thanks in advance.
Since theyre that small and unless theyre showing stress id hold off on that but the larger one can get 1/2 strength brix...1 ounce of water and .5 ml of brix should be way more than enough :)

Back
Top Bottom