Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Fuzzy, do you have a journal? If not, it's great idea to start one and put a link in your signature.

No ph is one of the things that sold me on the kit.

Bottom Line: There is no need to check or adjust pH. Adjusting pH will ruin your grow, because you'll have added too much P or too much K to the soil and brix will be lower. You just screwed everything
up!

But if you're worried, here's what you can do:

1.)Get a pair of needle-nosed pliers.

Every time you get the urge to check pH, either the runoff, or the feed water, take the pliers and yank out as many nose hairs (your nose hairs, not someone else's) as you can.

If that doesn't stop you from going down the pH rabbit hole, or you ignore that advice and you wake up one day and find you're actually adding phosphoric acid (pH down) or Potassium Hydroxide (pH up) in an attempt to adjust pH, lower brix and overall take your grow down a level, do the following:

1.)Get a solid rake.
2.)Measure the distance from the ground to your scrotum. RECORD THIS MEASUREMENT!!
3.)Measure from the business end of the rake to the handle the exact distance you got in number 2 above and cut off the rake handle at that place.
4.)put the rake on the floor, prongs up, handle facing away from you.
5.)Jump on the rake prongs as hard as you can.

If you don't have a rake, just ask a friend to kick you in the nuts.

If you don't have “nuts” just use an unaltered rake and make the jump.

Yep fuzzy, forget everything you did with those synthetic nutes, follows Docs instructions and with the guidance of the members here, you will have connoisseur grade bud in your pipe soon. Don’t overthink anything, the instruction are a great starting point. Some of the top veteran kit users will have great pro tips like the ones Duggan has told you. Take mental notes on how the plants seem to react to each of Doc’s products. More than anything, your environment needs to be dialed in. How are you in that department?

Let's get you done up right Fuzzy! Your gonna love the end product!

I can't help with any of that but can help once you are ready to do Doc's kit up right. You need a 3.8 cu ft bale of pro mix hp or BX (if BX you'll also need perlite) and 20-30 lbs of worm poo, with the numbers on the bag, 0-0-0 the last number must be 0.

You'll also need a couple 30 gallon totes or a nice new 55 gallon trash can to cook the soil in. Mix on a tarp, pro mix, EWC, Doc's amendment and a few gallons of water, mix up good. Put in totes and store up off concrete in temps ranging from 65-80 for 30 days. No need to mix it during those 30 days just make sure to mix it good when it's on the tarp. Then your ready to rock.

Ok then ,..Fuzzy , Ween has you looked after. One thing though, you should mix everything , dry, only add water as you fill up the totes...in layers. This way your tarp is clean after a quick sweep , and ready to fold it up until next time. Cheers eh.
Please note, when you add the water , it takes right close to 5 gal's to properly moisten a whole bale (kit).

Ok then ,..Fuzzy , Ween has you looked after. One thing though, you should mix everything , dry, only add water as you fill up the totes...in layers. This way your tarp is clean after a quick sweep , and ready to fold it up until next time. Cheers eh.

Thanks Duggan! I'll try to remember that for next time I reccomend it. I don't use the tarp method, just mix it all up right in the totes with my hands. I like getting my hands dirty!

:passitleft:

Thanks Ween. Yes, mixing it all dry is really the best way to get a nice mix. Makes working it on the tarp really easy with a flat nose shovel,..aluminum is bestest...:blunt:Clean up is very fast and clean without having to air out the tarp before storage. Just give the soil another quick few turns with the shovel as you add water and fill. :surf:
I'l post a few pics of that...gimmy a min.

Back
Top Bottom