Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

DOOOOOOC!!!! Help! I found nanners on my bubba kush! Startin to panic a lil

How far along is it? If you squeeze the pollen sac, do you get any pollen?

Please, gently remove a small branch or bract with male flowers and squeeze/tweeze away from the other plants. I get both false seed pods and false male flowers if I let certain strains go long enough, including the Willie Nelson.

Many times they're sterile....but sometimes not. If you get pollen, you've got to cull it.....carefully.

How far along is it? If you squeeze the pollen sac, do you get any pollen?

Please, gently remove a small branch or bract with male flowers and squeeze/tweeze away from the other plants. I get both false seed pods and false male flowers if I let certain strains go long enough, including the Willie Nelson.

Many times they're sterile....but sometimes not. If you get pollen, you've got to cull it.....carefully.

Ok, there were 3 of em. I plucked them off and squeezed them in my fingers then submerged them in water, after which I cleaned my fingers in alcohol.
Oh, theyre 4 weeks and a day after the flip

Ok, there were 3 of em. I plucked them off and squeezed them in my fingers then submerged them in water, after which I cleaned my fingers in alcohol

scrubby, did you light with a flame your finger when still wet with alcohol? a couple of grains of pollen...Bammmmm Dood, dude!
..just say'n :rofl:

edit: im kidding...

3 bro....3

Scrubbs....depends on how much longer she(it) has to finish. Do you think you can get control of her? If so, than keep a very close eye on her . One of the concerns is ...with your ventilation system purring along nicely....if a nanner lets go ...one that you missed....everything in the area will be...or could be heavily seeded. Bin there lots pal. The tricky ones are the ones that hide inside a nice big bud....that you don't see. Anyhow , it happens sometimes Scrubbs. Cheers eh.:high-five:

Scrubbs....depends on how much longer she(it) has to finish. Do you think you can get control of her? If so, than keep a very close eye on her . One of the concerns is ...with your ventilation system purring along nicely....if a nanner lets go ...one that you missed....everything in the area will be...or could be heavily seeded. Bin there lots pal. The tricky ones are the ones that hide inside a nice big bud....that you don't see. Anyhow , it happens sometimes Scrubbs. Cheers eh.:high-five:
Right in the fourth week is when I get mine, they like to hide under the leaf of the bud sites at first then around the 5th week and on they start peeking out right in the middle of the bud. If I see one that is more developed, like I missed it the first check, I turn off the oscillating fan and tweeze them like a monkey on another monkey's back and I eat them as I go :) I have had bad genetics though, something I hope to eliminate with my new Strawberry diesel from MaxYields. Anyway, We don't mind the seeds if we get them, just personal grow. Also try to move the bud sites below the nanner you are about to pull in case it has viable pollen and ruptures it will fall straight down and I use a cup with water under it as well so the pollen dies in the cup.

I've never had false seeds I've just had seeds. But like doc said I've had false signs. Nanners especially. So here's what I'd recommend in my situation but if you can not
Afford a loss then don't follow just keep an eye on it. I'd either (a) isolate it no matter lighting conditions and watch

(b) kill the bitch and feed her to the goats. Hope that helps

Right in the fourth week is when I get mine, they like to hide under the leaf of the bud sites at first then around the 5th week and on they start peeking out right in the middle of the bud. If I see one that is more developed, like I missed it the first check, I turn off the oscillating fan and tweeze them like a monkey on another monkey's back and I eat them as I go :) I have had bad genetics though, something I hope to eliminate with my new Strawberry diesel from MaxYields. Anyway, We don't mind the seeds if we get them, just personal grow. Also try to move the bud sites below the nanner you are about to pull in case it has viable pollen and ruptures it will fall straight down and I use a cup with water under it as well so the pollen dies in the cup.

Hope she does good by you my friend :cheesygrinsmiley: I love giving away that genetic! 10 people and counting :cheesygrinsmiley:

If I don't see that strain in EVERY dispo next year, I've failed. :rofl:

Anyone have any idea what will cause rust looking spots on the leaves late in flower?
Orange rust spots that appear to be spotted random in clumps near the tip of the leaf and spread out more going toward the back of the leaf can be Calcium def. If each serrated edge looks like it has dot of rust that is also a sign in early development of Calcium def. post a pic and go here: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial its a good long read

Adapting the kit to a current grow

Doc and friends,

My tent just switched to flower and I'm growing in Fox Farms Happy Frog soil using FloraNova 7-4-10 Grow nutrients at 1/2 strength. Since I plan to use Doc's Kit next grow, I'm hesitant to buy any other nutrients for this round. What can I use from Doc's Kit to finish off my current grow without wasting amendments, drenches, etc on incompatible soil?

Thanks,
Mystery Seeds

P.S. What things looked like before the switch.
IMG_67485.JPG

You can use Energy as a nitrogen booster - it's just calcium nitrate. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Brix won't work at all, but DeStress might be helpful, might not, but maybe worth a test. I don't think Transplant would be too harmful but probably a waste on untuned soil. Don' even think about Cat drench. :straightface:

Not much, really. I tried the foliars myself on mineralized soil - I was in a situation like yours, with a mix of soils in the room, so I just sprayed 'em all. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have done two blue dreams and SLH in HB. They all turned out great but the SLH was really something special :passitleft:

I'm really digging both the BD and SLH my friend grew, but he has a strain of Durban Poison that is pretty killer and always produces big nugs. It's a tough call, but I'll probably go with the SLH for sure and wait to decide on the other strain in case I decide to monstercrop one of my Papayas. Thanks for the photo... it definitely swayed my decision. Great work, Smokey. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom